IS ALEX CARRINGTON A BEAST?

Physically he is. No question. He is a typical mid draft DT that takes time to develop. Look across rosters and you find mid draft DT's that don't become solid right away. I am not upset the Bills stuck with him. This is only his 3rd year. Maybe we will start to see the light bulb click on more often this season, especially watching the 4 starters play.

Keping my fingers crossed that he makes a bigger impact this season.

i thought he was going to have a breakout year, but i thought maybe he would drop weight and move to DE so he could rush the passer

I was hoping this as well. Not so sure about the dropping weight part though. Not sure what his weight is now but Mario is 300, I don't think he is that large. He played DE in college didn't he? It seems with the need for a pass rushing DE they would have Reyes to convert him back to that instead of signing Anderson or taking a shot at Moore. Although I think both are or will be better than AC. But I do believe it takes a while sometimes and he will probably be our new Spencer Johnson after his contract is up. Versitle for all line positions when needed, a good fill in or backup player.

Buddy commented on how he was going to move inside shortly after adding Williams and Anderson (or at least before OTAs) so I suspect they like him in a "slimmed down" rush 4 package on longer downs. We'll see. Hopefully he is able to outquick interior OLs and knife inside, because he sure isn't going to bull ppl over a la Kyle and Marcell.

Buddy commented on how he was going to move inside shortly after adding Williams and Anderson (or at least before OTAs) so I suspect they like him in a "slimmed down" rush 4 package on longer downs. We'll see. Hopefully he is able to outquick interior OLs and knife inside, because he sure isn't going to bull ppl over a la Kyle and Marcell.

if you watch the first ne game, he bull rushed waters twice, and i mean he destroyed him... its technique with him

I was hoping this as well. Not so sure about the dropping weight part though. Not sure what his weight is now but Mario is 300, I don't think he is that large. He played DE in college didn't he? It seems with the need for a pass rushing DE they would have Reyes to convert him back to that instead of signing Anderson or taking a shot at Moore. Although I think both are or will be better than AC. But I do believe it takes a while sometimes and he will probably be our new Spencer Johnson after his contract is up. Versitle for all line positions when needed, a good fill in or backup player.

well i know he put on weight to play 34 de and it seemed to slow him down, i think with a little more coaching the light bulb will click and he will become a beast..... thats what i BILLIEVE!!!!!