This franchise completely squandered Eric Moulds career

Moulds was a total beast. I think he's the most talented receiver we ever had. What I don't understand was how he would have a great year every other year. I didn't look it up. But, I think it was even numbered years, he was great and odd numbered years he was just pretty good.

And it's a damn shame. I had forgotten what a talent this man had, and how much of a difference he could have made on a team with a competent coaching staff and a good QB. While spending some down time watching classic Bills games on YouTube, I stumped upon the highlight video below. And then it dawned on me; This is exactly the type of Wide Receiver the Bills need opposite Stevie Johnson. Strong, physical, good hands, and is not afraid to use the middle of the field.

I truly believe that the undoing of this team will not be at QB, or at the offensive line. It will be at WR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxD7Kh7z7cA

Man, this video just makes me frustrated in so many ways lol. First off, Moulds was a Beast and you are right, he should be a HOF player if he wasn't saddled with playing with crap QB's the bulk of his career. He is what Andre Johnson is right now...fast, big, great hands, physical, great route runner. Moulds would be a HOF caliber WR if he had better QB's over his career, so that is a shame because the talent was there. Honestly, Stevie is better suited to be a #2 WR than a #1...he is not bad as a #1 and a great #2 IMO. He will never be that WR that can just take over a game like a Moulds could.

More importantly, seeing what a real QB looks like in a Bills uniform (Bledsoe) throw those passes reminds me how bad our QB's have been since him, including now. Look at a similar pass by Fitz, it just has no zip on it like Bledsoe could produce nor touch. Bledsoe was short lived and at the end of his career here, but his arm and touch were still better than anything we have had here since. Frustrating knowing how long ago that was and that we keep trying to morph way less talented QB's into serviceable ones to this day rather than just address the position by infusing more talent into it.

And it's a damn shame. I had forgotten what a talent this man had, and how much of a difference he could have made on a team with a competent coaching staff and a good QB. While spending some down time watching classic Bills games on YouTube, I stumped upon the highlight video below. And then it dawned on me; This is exactly the type of Wide Receiver the Bills need opposite Stevie Johnson. Strong, physical, good hands, and is not afraid to use the middle of the field.

I truly believe that the undoing of this team will not be at QB, or at the offensive line. It will be at WR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxD7Kh7z7cA

I think the undoing will be wide receiver (year 3 with still dumpster pick-ups for the most part)- o-line (putrid pass protection) - Quarterback (he is what he is). Also wondering if gailey will use the exact same sets on offense but think he will get better results in 12. It should be interesting to see if there has been any evolution of the offensive game planning.

Moulds had a some Andre Johnson in him; problem was QB for him while he was there. Outside of Bledsoe, he had very little support in that department, and still put up respectable numbers. Let's say he was in his 3rd year in 2012, and how the league is now, he'd probably be a top 8 receiver.

The facts are that he was seen as something of a bust and wasn't getting much play time. Then the Bills signed Flutie who was quickly relegated to back-up status. So the two of them wound up spending a lot of time working out together. When Flutie got his shot, he made Moulds his guy, his "Stevie" as it were. That's when Moulds' great run really began.

Edited by yungmack

Along with that that you said this video should go a long way to SHUT UP the Bledsoe haters !!

Moulds was definitely one of the best Bills receivers ever but Bledsoes name is in the Bills record books for a reason too it's just that most Bills fans are to ignorant to realize just how good the guy was along with another being Doug Flutie that they always rag on !!