This franchise completely squandered Eric Moulds career

And it's a damn shame. I had forgotten what a talent this man had, and how much of a difference he could have made on a team with a competent coaching staff and a good QB. While spending some down time watching classic Bills games on YouTube, I stumped upon the highlight video below. And then it dawned on me; This is exactly the type of Wide Receiver the Bills need opposite Stevie Johnson. Strong, physical, good hands, and is not afraid to use the middle of the field.

I truly believe that the undoing of this team will not be at QB, or at the offensive line. It will be at WR.

Edited by LiterateStylish

Moulds had a some Andre Johnson in him; problem was QB for him while he was there. Outside of Bledsoe, he had very little support in that department, and still put up respectable numbers. Let's say he was in his 3rd year in 2012, and how the league is now, he'd probably be a top 8 receiver.

Moulds had a some Andre Johnson in him; problem was QB for him while he was there. Outside of Bledsoe, he had very little support in that department, and still put up respectable numbers. Let's say he was in his 3rd year in 2012, and how the league is now, he'd probably be a top 8 receiver.

top 8, lol

hed be top 3 or 4 man... from 98 to 02, only moss was better in talent... imo

top 8, lol

hed be top 3 or 4 man... from 98 to 02, only moss was better in talent... imo

I was being kinda conservative... w/ Calvin, Andre, Julio, Roddy, Jennings, Welker, Fitzgerald, Cruz, Nicks, etc. in the league and playing at elite levels, being in the top 8 is with some great company.

I was being kinda conservative... w/ Calvin, Andre, Julio, Roddy, Jennings, Welker, Fitzgerald, Cruz, Nicks, etc. in the league and playing at elite levels, being in the top 8 is with some great company.

I would say he was better than Roddy, Julio, Jennings, Cruz, Nicks, and in the same class as Andre and Fitz.

Pro Football Prospectus ranked Moulds 1998 season as one of the best seasons by a wide receiver since they kept stats (Early 90's is when they started their metrics). Granted this was 2009 but still that's still pretty dam impressive and I bet that season still ranks up there.

It's crazy because just think of who else was drafted that year: Marvin Harrison, T.O. (in the 2nd round I think?) Keyshawn, and I think someone else pretty good. I want to say Chad Johnson but I'm not sure.

I've always thought about this with Moulds. So good. Better physical measurements than Harrison too. Imagine if Indy took Moulds and we took Harrison.

I think Moulds career was squandered completely. He was a Bill right at the end of a great era and throughout one of the worst in their history. Sad. Yes, the Music City Miracle team was good but that mightve been one of the two or three seasons he was on a good team.

He could have had such a better career numbers-wise. One of my favorite players. Remember when Moulds had 100 receptions and Peerless had 94?

Let's hope Stevie and someone else can put #'s like that up this year. However, Stevie resembles Reed with his route running and underrated nature. He's not a Moulds type physical specimen. Easley, Hagan, and Aiken resemble Moulds - one can wish upon a star that one of those 3 fill that other outside receiver slot!

Edited by ko12010

And it's a damn shame. I had forgotten what a talent this man had, and how much of a difference he could have made on a team with a competent coaching staff and a good QB. While spending some down time watching classic Bills games on YouTube, I stumped upon the highlight video below. And then it dawned on me; This is exactly the type of Wide Receiver the Bills need opposite Stevie Johnson. Strong, physical, good hands, and is not afraid to use the middle of the field.

I truly believe that the undoing of this team will not be at QB, or at the offensive line. It will be at WR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxD7Kh7z7cA

Preach brother.

I loved Eric Moulds,... one of my favorite players. It is a shame they couldn't put good enough teams around a talent like that. Can't say enough about him.