Jets fans turning on their team/Rex in hot water?

While I was getting ready for work, I was watching NFL A.M. on the NFL network. They played about a minute of Jets fans calling in on a national radio show, just completely bashing their team. The one I enjoyed the most was when a fan said "They brought in a guy that was a failure at head coach, and now he's our offensive coordinator"...Classic!!!

Here's the other highlights from that segment:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/08/28/jets-head-coach-rex-ryan-on-hot-seat/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Well what did they expect was going to happen? I have many Jets and Giants friends and all the Jets fans were sick of Rex's antics about 2 seasons ago.

Between Rex's antics, and their GM's failure to bring in more talent and the offensive side of the ball, that team is ready to implode.

Between Rex's antics, and their GM's failure to bring in more talent and the offensive side of the ball, that team is ready to implode.

This is not the GMs fault. The GM has brought in tons of talent on both sides of the ball, but Rex has lost complete control of his team. Tomlinson (even though he was slightly past his prime was great talent), Dustin Keller, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico, Nick Mangold, Ferguson. They had players to succeed. This is all on Rex and no one else.

This is not the GMs fault. The GM has brought in tons of talent on both sides of the ball, but Rex has lost complete control of his team. Tomlinson (even though he was slightly past his prime was great talent), Dustin Keller, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico, Nick Mangold, Ferguson. They had players to succeed. This is all on Rex and no one else.

LT was past his prime in SD, so I don't classify that as a good move. Plaxico was past his prime and coming out of jail. Alan Faneca was another high-profile, high-priced FA towards the end of his career brought in by Tannenbaum. Extending Mark Sanchez so his feelings weren't hurt by bringing in Tim Tebow was another head scratcher.

Given how Rex has full autonomy over the defense, I put the blame squarely on the GMs shoulders for the offense.

You're right, previously their GM brought in a lot of good talent, but I was referring to this year. The Jets first string offense did not score a TD in the preseason, and the lack of offensive weapons is showing. Plus, the RT spot is a disaster area for them.

You're right, previously their GM brought in a lot of good talent, but I was referring to this year. The Jets first string offense did not score a TD in the preseason, and the lack of offensive weapons is showing. Plus, the RT spot is a disaster area for them.

You can't be just pointing out THIS YEAR. Rex has had how many years to take control of this team? Regardless of year, Tannenbaum has given Rex all the tools to succeed and all Rex did was poop it into the shtter. Rex didn't just lose this team last year. He lost this team 2 or 3 years ago.

He brought in a lot of unstable talent. Me-first players.

PTR

He brought in a lot of unstable talent. Me-first players.

PTR

Regardless he brought in a lot of talent. A good coach takes control of his team. Parcells never had me first players when he was coaching? Of course he did. He was just a my way or the highway kinda guy that wouldn't take that kinda sht on his team. Rex never disciplined his players and look where its gotten him. You can have me first players on a team if you have the right coach.

You can't be just pointing out THIS YEAR. Rex has had how many years to take control of this team? Regardless of year, Tannenbaum has given Rex all the tools to succeed and all Rex did was poop it into the shtter. Rex didn't just lose this team last year. He lost this team 2 or 3 years ago.

I'll give the GM credit, he brought in good caliber talent, and the Jets went to the AFC Championship game twice. But, like Promo stated, he brought in "unstable talent - Me first players". I heard reports that the Jets players were unfazed by the losses in the AFC Chamionship game, and were out partying afterwards.

The Jets were 8-8 last year, and look to be worse this year. After going 8-8, the GM needed to do more than just bring in the Holy Diver [Tebow].

I'll give the GM credit, he brought in good caliber talent, and the Jets went to the AFC Championship game twice. But, like Promo stated, he brought in "unstable talent - Me first players". I heard reports that the Jets players were unfazed by the losses in the AFC Chamionship game, and were out partying afterwards.

The Jets were 8-8 last year, and look to be worse this year. After going 8-8, the GM needed to do more than just bring in the Holy Diver [Tebow].

And like I've said good coaches know how to control players. Being a coach isn't just about X's and O's. It's people skills too. Like i said before, Parcells had a lot of egos to deal with when he was coaching but nobody messed with him because he had control of his team. GM gave him the tools to succeed and Rex didn't get the job done.

And like I've said good coaches know how to control players. Being a coach isn't just about X's and O's. It's people skills too. Like i said before, Parcells had a lot of egos to deal with when he was coaching but nobody messed with him because he had control of his team. GM gave him the tools to succeed and Rex didn't get the job done.

Rex has proven to be a good defensive coordinator, but his HC skills are now coming into question, especially since going 8-8 last season. But in regards to Rex & the GM, the NFL is a "What have you done for me lately" league, and I'm not the only one blaming the GM for not getting enough offensive weapons:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/08/28/jets-head-coach-rex-ryan-on-hot-seat/?module=HP11_headline_stack

"This isn't all on Rex," NFL Network and NFL.com's Steve Wyche said Tuesday morning on "NFL AM" when asked of the head coach's precarious predicament. "This is on (general manager) Mike Tannebaum, who put that personnel in place, who signed some guys to some contracts that have become prohibitive. They don't seem like they have a lot of depth in a lot of areas; the talent really isn't there."

I'd say on Most every team in the NFL these days the GM and HC are married. In other words it's both their faults. Do you really think Tanner is gonna bring in a player Rex doesn't want? Do you think Nix makes personnel decisions without Chan? It's a marriage. I think most every pair in the league is on the same page on most everything. What reason is there to think otherwise??

(Love it though, they made their bed this year!)

Didn't he come in and immediately bring them to the AFCC game? Two yers in a row?

The core of those teams were drafted during the Mangini years. The Jets lucked into the playoff the first year because the Colts rested their starters (plus a bunch of crazy scenarios playing out in weeks 16&17 involving the Steelers, Jags, Texans if IIRC).

The Jets (IMHO) are a team in decline because they have drafted terribly the last 3 years. They tried to build a team by buying high priced free agents (A la the old Cowboys and Redskins teams) and that has never worked. This means one of two things. Either I know more about football than their GM (unlikely) or they just care about selling PSLs in that fancy new stadium.

I'd say on Most every team in the NFL these days the GM and HC are married. In other words it's both their faults. Do you really think Tanner is gonna bring in a player Rex doesn't want? Do you think Nix makes personnel decisions without Chan? It's a marriage. I think most every pair in the league is on the same page on most everything. What reason is there to think otherwise??

(Love it though, they made their bed this year!)

"(Love it though, they made their bed this year!)" :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The core of those teams were drafted during the Mangini years. The Jets lucked into the playoff the first year because the Colts rested their starters (plus a bunch of crazy scenarios playing out in weeks 16&17 involving the Steelers, Jags, Texans if IIRC).

The Jets (IMHO) are a team in decline because they have drafted terribly the last 3 years. They tried to build a team by buying high priced free agents (A la the old Cowboys and Redskins teams) and that has never worked. This means one of two things. Either I know more about football than their GM (unlikely) or they just care about selling PSLs in that fancy new stadium.

I agree 100% The Jets tried building an immediate winner like the Cowboys & Redskins and got as far as the AFC Championship game twice (I agree the first year was by luck). Now, they have to rebuild, but they're still doing whatever it takes to remain in the spotlight and have the media focus a ton of attention on them, just so they can sell tickets.