Those in a panic should take a breath and read PFF'S analysis of t

Well, as much as the past decade has done its best to make me pessimistic, I'm still excited. I think it still deserves mentioning that the Steelers are a very good defensive team and our starters did a good job keeping it even.

That said, I think our LB's and CB's still obviously need work and Fitz is still out of synch.

13 days to get it right...

Tough play even for a good CB to make, let alone an LB. Perfect throw by BR is what it took and that's what Dwyer got. The back shoulder throw is the hardest to defend. I just can't find too much fault with Barnett on that play.

GO BILLS!!!

Except Ben's pass was perfect. There was nothing Barnett could have done there. I almost dropped my beer seeing how well Rothlisberger threw that pass. Un-frickin'-real. Like throwing a strike to the inside corner from 35 yds away.

PTR

I'm not contending that Barnett did anything "wrong" per se, but if I had my druthers I'd like to see him get his head around and look for the ball.

It's going to be fun watching the defense for a change. The offense was fun to watch last year and I think will be this year as well. I know the Bills did some game planning for this Steelers game but I'm pretty sure they didn't open up the play book to much either. It's pretty amusing watching the overblown reactions to this game and the two previous games. In fact, I didn't even bother to watch this game after seeing the first two. Anyone who thinks these games are anything more than a glorified practice is nuts.

The opening game against the Jets will be far more telling.

BTW, anyone notice how PFF credited Kyle Williams for Mario's sacks? Kyle is making a lot of plays and will be a handful all season long. This whole defense is going to be good. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride myself.

The fact that Pittsburgh went from no blitzing, to after we scored, full out max blitzes, says they were more than worried about the offense. I'm not sure why people discount that like we were playing against a base defense the entire first half.

Yeah the excerpt that jumped out to me re: LB Chris Carter

He was unimpressive in this game as he pressured the quarterback on two of his 16 pass rushes, but neither was a particularly dominating.

Sixteen pass rushes!? That sounds like a pretty aggressive game plan to me. Unless I'm mistaken, and at his LB position he's the fourth rusher on every passing attempt...

I'm not contending that Barnett did anything "wrong" per se, but if I had my druthers I'd like to see him get his head around and look for the ball.

highlights what a "good" QB can do

especially when compared to what the Bills trot out each week

highlights what a "good" QB can do

especially when compared to what the Bills trot out each week

What's that genius? Lead one scoring drive? Just like our guy?

Unless, of course, you draw the distinction at commanding that stirring 19-yard drive Ben lead after the turnover.

Troll.