Jets tight ends dropping like flies

It looked like he already tweaked it and went down. It just happened to be right in front of the d, I could be wrong (it has been know to happen).

I think Keller and Harris are arguably their 2 most important players. Harris is the qb of that d and with the decline of scott prob their best defensive player. Keller is a safety blanket for either qb and a Bills killer. Now Santonio has NO ONE to take coverage away from him, as well as negating the underneath stuff.

Jets fans better hope neither of these are serious but the silence on Harris generally isn't a good thing.

You might be right on Keller, I didn't see a replay. I agree those are two of their most important guys; they can't afford to lose either, though I'd be surprised if they weren't both a go for Week 1.

This might be the worst throw I've ever seen..

Come on, if all 4 of the Panther defenders who were between Tebow and the WR had missed it, it would have been a nice gain.

At first I thought Carolina's DB was making a play for the ball with his hand stretched out...but, after watching it a couple times, he was clearly looking at the low "take out" tpe tackle the whole way...IMHO, there is no room for that kind of crap. Watch it again...he's keyed in on the knee/legs the whole way.

"Jets TE Josh Baker has suffered at least a torn right ACL, ending his season.

Baker is having an MRI Monday morning which may reveal even more damage. His knee was gruesomely bent the wrong way during a collision with Panthers DB Josh Norman's helmet Sunday night. The Jets will be scouring Monday's cuts for tight end help."

"It's a fairly important injury for offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, who likes to use mutliple tight end sets."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/08/josh-brown-intimates-that-he-has-lost-the-jets-kicking-competition-to-nick-folk

http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

First Dustin Keller left their exhibition game tonight against the Panthers with an apparent hamstring injury.

Then Josh Baker took a direct hit on his right knee while trying to make an endzone catch. It appears to be a season ending (if not career) injury.

The replay is gruesome. Watch at your own risk:

http://assets.sbnati.../kneeinjury.gif

LB David Harris also left the game with what is being called an ankle injury.

Just looked at the video. Ouch. I feel bad for him, especially now that it looks like it may be career ending. Again, I don't wish for injuries but man if that doesn't make me feel better about our chances against the Jets in two weeks.

wait til you see landry in real coverage, against tricky wrinkles and such.

he. is. awful.

Maybe it's just me bit Landry looks like a total d bag out there. Just they way he plays and then gets up and stalks around like the hulk. Something about him just bugs me.

Edited by biglukes

Maybe it's just me bit Landry looks like a total d bag out there. Just they way he plays and then gets up and stalks around like the hulk. Something about him just bugs me.

yea, its especially amusing when he does it after blowing several plays, and making a tackle 20 yards down field.