Gilmore play

Looked good on a couple run plays. Looked like a rook in pass coverage,beaten time after time by Brown and co. I hate the play -off scheme by Buff corners.

The Bills employed a bit of cover 3 in particular during the 2min drill. So gilmore had deep third while outside backer, nickel back, or G. Wilson was to cover the outside underneath zone. However, up until then the Bills were playing a tough bump and run with a 1-deep or 2-deep shell. This was giving the Stillers more trouble without the necessity for blitzing.

he had one catch completed his way but somehow he was beaten repeatedly, you sure you're not watching williams.

edit: TD was the only thing he gave up, the underneath stuff was george wilson's responsibility.

Edited by bouds

One of the other problems with gilmore is that since he is s rookie, qbs will throw his way a lot until he makes an nfl name for himself.

right, but last night they weren't actually throwing his way. wish they did so we could see more of him, but everything went a.williams way. the short curls that were completed to his side of the field were against cover 3 and wilson had to curl underneath the receiver but didn't get there in time.

i thought he was good yesterday, there were at least two throws intended his way that Ben looked off, because Gilmore's coverage was good.

when he was in press man he was stout, only blemish was the td he gave, kind of gambled for the int.

Edited by bouds

I wouldn't be too worried about Gilmore, I mean Antonio Brown is a good elusive route runner and he's overshadowed by Mike Wallace a lot. Gilmore is going to have a lot of Up's and downs this year, I'd be more concerned with Aaron Williams the guy simply has no ball skills whatsoever. All preseason he has been caught with his back to the ball, I've yet to see him turn around and actually try and make a play for the ball. Very concerning. George Wilson hasn't looked all that good either

reminds me of winfield (and that is a very much a compliment, can't speak to his hands yet but very physical)

Well, if he has hands of stone they will be at least as good as Winfield's.

GO BILLS!!!