Bills announcers for Weeks 1-4

sullim4

BUF @ NYJ: Marv Albert/Rich Gannon

KC @ BUF: Spero Dedes/Steve Beuerlein

BUF @ CLE: Spero Dedes/Steve Beuerlein

NE @ BUF: Greg Gumbel/Dan Dierdorf

This just tells you what CBS thinks of the importance of the opponents...with the Dedes/Buerlein combo, the network thinks most people won't be watching those games. Once NE comes to town, then CBS pulls out their #2 broadcast team. I would have thought they'd consider the Jets a bigger draw and put Gumbel/Dierdorf on that one,

What's wrong with eem?

Simms was good when he first started, but I think he's getting to be old hat. I don't think he's that bad (and I really think a lot of us don't like ANY analysts, for that matter), but there are better analysts out there.

He's high profile because of his name and that's why he's on the #1 broadcast team for CBS.

He also knows surprisingly little about Football

Plenty of reasons to not like him, but football knowledge isn't one of them.

Marv Albert can barely remember his own name, let alone two football teams. He's got to be the worst announcer, currently.

Agreed. I was never a fan but at this stage he's embarrasingly bad.

How come there is no Steve Tasker doing Bills games?

Ugh. Tasker is horrible too.

Could be worse. It drives me crazy to hear Solomon Wilcotts talk about the Buffalo "Beeows"...

But no one is worse than Wilcotts. It's hard to understand how a guy who sounds like that ends up on TV.

Looks like I'll have a few opportunities to try the Bills radio feed via the iphone. Hope the timing synchs to the TV broadcast.

Does anybody else not really care about the announcers we get? I'm rarely paying attention to what they say anyway. When it comes to coverage, I'm always more interested in seeing the maps that come out the week of showing who gets what games.

I still feel that the worst announcer in all of football right now is Joe Theismann. He talks about the Redskins like they've won the last ten Super Bowls and constantly talks about crap while plays are going on. I wish Tasker would talk about the Bills a little more like a Bills fan and not try so hard to be non-partial.

1. Rich Gannon being exposed for his TE idiocy by Scott Chandler in the Chiefs game last year was funny. I would pay good money to actually hear the conversation he had with Gailey the day before...where Marv alluded to Chan essentially telling Gannon to stop asking about it. The Bills literally were playing away Gannon's talking points...in real time. :lol:

2. Then, to make matters worse, Gannon's utter foolishness announcing the first Patriots game was just hilarious...talking about Fitz possibly fumbling(not) even though the play was blown dead...glossing over the inexplicable time out the Pats called, and then completely ignoring the unsportsmanlike penalty the Pats got...which effectively ended the game, as it gave us a new set of downs, and allowed us to run the clock down to 3 seconds. We were all treated to what living in an alternate universe is like. :lol: