This isnt enraging......

RkFast

Becareful what you wish for when it comes to this immigration issue. Lets assume for a minute that the Border Patrol seals up the border perfectly and no illegals are able to cross. Lets also assume that Immigration nabs every illegal in the country and deports them. The California farming industry woukld come to a screeching halt over night and the US would experience food shortages. Without illegal mexican workers picking the fruit and vegatables farmers would not be able hire workers for the back breaking work at such low pay. The probable outcome is that they would have to pay $20 to $30 an hour to attract American workers and the cost of fruit and vegetables would sky rocket.

Not to mention the affluent Americans in California would have to start cleaning their own houses and that would make them grumpy and call for easing up on Immigration issues to allow Mexicans to come to California to work here. So unless an immigration plan takes into account for these issues they are doomed to fail.

Becareful what you wish for when it comes to this immigration issue. Lets assume for a minute that the Border Patrol seals up the border perfectly and no illegals are able to cross. Lets also assume that Immigration nabs every illegal in the country and deports them. The California farming industry woukld come to a screeching halt over night and the US would experience food shortages. Without illegal mexican workers picking the fruit and vegatables farmers would not be able hire workers for the back breaking work at such low pay. The probable outcome is that they would have to pay $20 to $30 an hour to attract American workers and the cost of fruit and vegetables would sky rocket.

Not to mention the affluent Americans in California would have to start cleaning their own houses and that would make them grumpy and call for easing up on Immigration issues to allow Mexicans to come to California to work here. So unless an immigration plan takes into account for these issues they are doomed to fail.

Those jobs could be filled by people who had their unemployment, welfare, food stamp monies taken away. "Here's a job, you don't have to take it but you'll also no longer get handouts from the government" I remember when I was a kid we had migrant workers in the fields of WNY. Guess what, they were all Americans.

Edited by Chef Jim

That's such a crock. There are plenty of Americans and documented immigrants who would take the jobs. Hell, my mom has worked in a hotel cleaning rooms and doing the laundry for decades -- and gets paid peanuts. So don't tell me that they'd have to pay people $20-$30/hr, because it's just not true.

That's such a crock. There are plenty of Americans and documented immigrants who would take the jobs. Hell, my mom has worked in a hotel cleaning rooms and doing the laundry for decades -- and gets paid peanuts. So don't tell me that they'd have to pay people $20-$30/hr, because it's just not true.

Yup. That vacuum created would do wonders for the US unemployment rate.

Edited by Chef Jim

Yup. That vacuum created would so wonders for the US unemployment rate.

Except it is true. Talk to anyone in the trades who need low skill manual labor. Americans won't touch that work.

Except it is true. Talk to anyone in the trades who need low skill manual labor. Americans won't touch that work.

I still call BS. A coworker's son is doing landscaping over the summer and isn't getting anywhere near $20/hr. More like half that. Is it more than the illegal immagrants are making? Sure. But it's not $20-$30/hr either.