2nd Preseason Game

Rockinon

Does anyone here think this will be another less than 14 total points between both teams game again? I don't.

Here's what I am looking for.

1. The starting offense marches down the field and scores on the first possession.
  2. The second teamers put on a good show and put the game away before the 3rd stringers take over.
  3. Young continues to improve and puts some distance between himself and Thigpen.
  4. Our defensive line controls the Vikes O-line all game.
  5. We run the damn ball....all four quarters.
  6. Some of our Rookies make a case for themselves.
  7. Some of our recent non rookies step up and show some promise.
  8. Everyone stays healthy on both teams.

What would you like to see?

i agree with this. i want to see the lines put on a show and i want to see who amongst the youngsters will be demanding a roster spot. i'd love to see a reciever destinguish themselves from the pack, and i'd like to see which of our o linemen really wants to serve up some pancakes. also, let's see whether we go with fullback or h-back.

I'd like to see us run some "normal" offensive plays just to see if we have what it takes on that side of the ball. I'd like to see a WR assert themselves to establish a #2. I want to see our "vaunted" DL actually get some QB pressure.

I want to see a wide receiver step up and take that number two spot!

This is my #1 question heading into the season. Hagan seems to be outperforming his journeyman status, but you don't achieve that status for no reason. Jones is the incumbent but certainly didn't play like a starter when healthy last season. Graham has upside, but I've seen enough speedsters prove one-dimensional at the NFL level. Nelson's been effective...in the slot.

EDIT: And Easley got eaten by a leopard in the end zone during practice.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Dickerson has been making some catches. Corry has been a big special teams guy and a good blocker. Dickerson is younger. Corey may be a bit long in the tooth but I sure don't want to be the source of one of his blocks.

i am intrigued by the idea of dickerson, but i love corey mac. do you think there is any way we keep both?

Does anyone here think this will be another less than 14 total points between both teams game again? I don't.

1. The starting offense marches down the field and scores on the first possession.

2. The second teamers put on a good show and put the game away before the 3rd stringers take over.

3. Young continues to improve and puts some distance between himself and Thigpen.

Numbers 3 and 8 for me. Lots of work to be done but Young needs to grab the #2 spot. Thigpen sucks.

Number 8 is most important.

I'd like to see Vince step up and secure his job as our #2.

Also would like some of the younger DL step up, especially Carrington.

A Good rhythm first team offense (Balanced Run/Pass)

A glimpse of how our first team defense will stop the run

A win - I understand that the super-bills lost most of their pre-season games. But that is because they knew what to do in the regular season. Unlike those teams, this team is young and new and needs to smell that win. A win always makes it feel good.

would love to see a dominant defensive performance, as well as a solid offensive showing regardless of who is playing.

What is "Dominant defensive performance"....Ends don't rush passers in the pre-season (especially the starters).

Edited by ganesh

I'd like to see:

1. Glenn shut down Allen.

2. Our linebackers covering Rudolph effectively.

3. Fitzpatrick throwing the ball accurately.

4. A few sacks.

I hope Glenn mauls Allen and causes him to lose his mind and flip out like he did on Kahlil because he was touching him too much in blocking drills during practice.