The New Media Narrative against Romney/Ryan

I'm beginning to pick up a new "mainstream" media narrative against Romney and Ryan. Which is how do your plans differ with one another? Romney says the principles are the same regarding Medicare, that they are very similar but that his budget is his own, not Ryan's. Of course, this isn't good enough for the "mainstream" media, they want him to get extremely specific, yet, they outright ignore that he states that his budget is the one he has presented and that the Medicare is virtually the same.

So expect to see the "mainstream" media attempt to make this a major story.

The Mainstream Media isn't gonna slip one by you.....

Good Job-

No, but they probably have been slipping it by you for quite some time.

Hey..........don't make me pull over you two.

But to answer WT's initial post, Romney shouldn't give a rodent's rear-end if the "mainstream media" wants a different answer, in order to highlight differences between Romney and Ryan. Keep giving the same answer, "I'm the head of the ticket and this is what I think".

people WILL respond to that and the media be damned.

Soledad Obrien, you know that chick for CNN :

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/08/13/soledad-obrien-caught-reading-liberal-blog-during-heated-debate-romne

-

Can CNN's Soledad O'Brien make her sources any more apparent than she did Monday night?

While filling in for Anderson Cooper, O'Brien was actually caught on screen looking at an article from the left-wing website Talking Points Memo to assist her in a heated debate with Romney campaign senior adviser Barbara

-

So what does she use to attack Paul Ryan's plans?

Talking Points Memo talking points

:lol:

Soledad Obrien, you know that chick for CNN :

http://newsbusters.o...ed-debate-romne

-

Can CNN's Soledad O'Brien make her sources any more apparent than she did Monday night?

While filling in for Anderson Cooper, O'Brien was actually caught on screen looking at an article from the left-wing website Talking Points Memo to assist her in a heated debate with Romney campaign senior adviser Barbara

-

So what does she use to attack Paul Ryan's plans?

Talking Points Memo talking points

:lol:

"I'm not sure there was a question in there." :lol:

Journalism has long been dead.

"Influences" of Obama have long been a hot topic to right wingers. And so now I suspect Ayn Rand will become an issue. If the Democrats think they can use the Ryan budget as a wedge to fracture the stranglehold the Republicans have on the poor rural Christian south, they're sure to try using the Catholic Nuns opposition to his plan and Ayn Rand...something that would be almost analogous to a number of Republican attacks on Obama in recent years. Expect stories like this to pick some some traction....

http://www.cnn.com/2...rand/index.html

Edited by TheNewBills

"Influences" of Obama have long been a hot topic to right wingers. And so now I suspect Ayn Rand will become an issue. If the Democrats think they can use the Ryan budget as a wedge to fracture the stranglehold the Republicans have on the poor rural Christian south, they're sure to try using the Catholic Nuns opposition to his plan and Ayn Rand...something that would be almost analogous to a number of Republican attacks on Obama in recent years. Expect stories like this to pick some some traction....

Fair game

I think it's important to draw a distinction between an actual mentor and a philisophical influence.

My grandfather was a mentor to me, and has more to do with the man I am today than anyone else in the world; and given that, when judging my character it would be fair to bring his character into the conversation.

My philisophical influences include, but are not nearly limited to: William Graham Sumner, Karl Marx, Isaac Asimov, Thomas Malthus, Charles Darwin, Plato, Gordon Kaufman, Sun Tzu, Emanuel Kant, Milton Friedman, Jurgen Habermas, Thomas Hobbes, Max Weber, Ludwig Von Mises, Ayn Rand, Frederic Bastiat, Lao Tzu, Erich Fromm, Thomas Paine, John Locke, Friedrich Hayek, Benedict De Spinoza... it's a list as endless as it is diverse, and if asked to deliver a five to ten minute speech on the intellectual influence I received from any of them, I would have no issues doing so. You'd be hard pressed to link any of them to my character, however.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I think it's important to draw a distinction between an actual mentor and a philisophical influence.

My grandfather was a mentor to me, and has more to do with the man I am today than anyone else in the world; and given that, when judging my character it would be fair to bring his character into the conversation.

My philisophical influences include, but are not nearly limited to: William Graham Sumner, Karl Marx, Isaac Asimov, Thomas Malthus, Charles Darwin, Plato, Gordon Kaufman, Sun Tzu, Emanuel Kant, Milton Friedman, Jurgen Habermas, Thomas Hobbes, Max Weber, Ludwig Von Mises, Ayn Rand, Frederic Bastiat, Lao Tzu, Erich Fromm, Thomas Paine, John Locke, Friedrich Hayek, Benedict De Spinoza... it's a list as endless as it is diverse, and if asked to deliver a five to ten minute speech on the intellectual influence I received from any of them, I would have no issues doing so. You'd be hard pressed to link any of them to my character, however.

They have to dismiss it. If they take your approach to counter this attack they've admitted the philosophical influence which can be used against them. Even if they can get away with that Biden will get out there at do his "don't tell me what your values are, show me" bit and so on...

You forgot Trotsky :lol:

You forgot Trotsky :lol:

My philisophical influences include, but are not nearly limited to

They have to dismiss it. If they take your approach to counter this attack they've admitted the philosophical influence which can be used against them. Even if they can get away with that Biden will get out there at do his "don't tell me what your values are, show me" bit and so on...

I understand how the polotics will work, I'm simply hoping that I won't need to argue the difference with you.

I understand how the polotics will work, I'm simply hoping that I won't need to argue the difference with you.

No argument. I actually don't agree any of it is all that valid in reality so it's all politics to me. I get the distinction you try to draw but as used against Obama and possibly Ryan in the coming future it's all the same... nonsense. As I see it both Obama and Ryan are what they are...who they read or knew as a young child means nothing to me. That's just me of course.

Edited by TheNewBills

Yes, let's make a dead author of fiction the central focus of this election. Mitt's horses giving people AIDS doesn't seem to be catching on, and entitlement reforms/deficit reduction is a trivial matter.

I'm glad that I'm not a politician or people would be looking at my literary influences like Rand or JRR Tolkien. That whole One Ring To Rule Them All thing stinks of fascism

Well, now that BO has brought Mitt's dog into the mainstream fight, Mitt should call out the fact that BO ATE DOG MEAT. THE !@#$ING PRESIDENT OF THE US !@#$ING ACTUALLY ATE A !@#$ING DOG!!! ARE YOU !@#$ING KIDDING ME? HE ATE DOG!

Well, now that BO has brought Mitt's dog into the mainstream fight, Mitt should call out the fact that BO ATE DOG MEAT. THE !@#$ING PRESIDENT OF THE US !@#$ING ACTUALLY ATE A !@#$ING DOG!!! ARE YOU !@#$ING KIDDING ME? HE ATE DOG!

But Obama only ate the dog because he was experiencing a diverse culture. Obama's understanding of cultures divergent from Western society is an asset to America's relationship with the greater world, whose varying cultures must be tolerated

Mitt Romney on the other hand is Mormon. And those guys are different :ph34r:

Edited by /dev/null