Any Positions to be Upgraded Via Waiver Wire?

BRAWNDO

I remember Buddy Nix stating that the draft and the day after NFL final cuts happen are the best two ways to improve your team. Besides Safety what positions would you like to see the Bills upgrade after the final cut down?

I would like to say backup QB, but I think that position requires a whole offseason or at least training camp to master. Especially with Chan's Offense.

I would not more depth at LB.

What say you?

I think if a veteran 4-3 LB gets cut I can easily see Nix picking one up to add some depth to the team, as previously mentioned a backup FS could also be in the waiver wire list for the Bills. The reason I see the need for a veteran LB is because while Moats and Bradham are nice young backups I see Tank more as a practice squad player and there could be a need for a 6th LB on the roster.

At this point, this team hasn't even played a game yet in what I would consider Nix's first season where he and Gailey actually will feel pressure if they don't make the playoffs - so, my guess would be ANY player at any position that gets cut by another squad that looks like they could win a spot on the final roster here, and I think Nix would bring them in.

A good QB could have months of time to prepare and learn before they're ever called upon, and to waste a spot on a 53 man roster for a QB who could finally settle the #2 role would not be wasting a spot at all. Likewise, if the right WR were let go somewhere, and he looked capable of outplaying our bunch vying for the #2 spot, we'd go get him. DE, Safety, Center, and LB are all positions we could easily add a player at, if it were the right one.

However, I would be surprised if we didn't go looking for the right Safety.