Trent Edwards respect

ektin

Clayton was on ESPN radio a bit ago talking about the Eagles back up Kafka breaking his non throwing hand and said it gives Nick Foles and Troy Edwards a chance to step up. Good to see Trent is still known through out the media people in the know in the NFL

watched all his plays the other night when i saw he had a td and no picks.

every single pass was a dump off, screen, roll out for 3-4 yards to the flat, and his biggest pass of the night was a 7 yarder through the air that gained another 5 or so. His TD was a broken tackle wr screen. It was like i could just see the eagle fans thinking," hey, he looks pretty good" not realising the carefully crafted way T.E. has learned to survive in the NFL. ..

1. Never go deep down the middle.

2. Never take a chance period.

After watching Trenty and his new hair style...long (think clay mathews in training) I realised I was right about something.

Back in 2007 i believe, Trenty led a comeback against the skins (really he did) and the big play was a deep middle pass to Reed that looked like maybe it was to a stationary Royal, but went over his head, and hit royal perfectly in stride. It was too perfect. Back then I was 80/20 that it was on purpose, a year later I was 50/50, then 20/80 but after last night i am %100 convinced that pass to Reed was a lucky accident. He has never thrown a pass like that since (really) and when he tries it is always overthrown or a pick. He did it one time in the eagles game, same result. overthrow near pickoff. He did however throw one of his famous 5 yard out INTs, but the steeler had it ripped out of both hands, or it was game over. New hair style...same trent turdwards.

Edited by loserlovers

Troy or Trent (whomever) had a great opportunity with the Bills. At first I thought He was going to be a good to above good QB. The int in the ( I Believe) Dallas game and then the big hit in the Cards game.......Plus the sub par coaching during the Dick regime was too much for him to overcome. i wish he would have done well....And I wish he would have done well in Buffalo. But he didn't,for whatever reason. He seemed like a pretty decent guy. I wish him well except if he ever plays the Bills or any team in the AFC east.

Saw him jog out of bounds on a 3rd down rather than get his team in field goal position. (Luckily, it's only pre-season so he stayed on the field for a 4th down and actually threw the ball for a 1st.) Anyway, it was so reminiscent of his play that cost him his career in Buffalo. The shocking thing is that despite media types going down on his Stanford genius pedigree, he clearly still hasn't got a clue.

Trentative looked every bit the man we saw leave here. Nice guy, not gonna cut it as a NFL qb. It does amaze me that he makes it on a roster year-in, year-out. I guess nice guys do win sometimes.

Trentative looked every bit the man we saw leave here. Nice guy, not gonna cut it as a NFL qb. It does amaze me that he makes it on a roster year-in, year-out. I guess nice guys do win sometimes.

I understand Trent has failed as a pro. I wonder if his coaching in B-LO had anything to do with it. Probably not. Could A young B. Walsh or Holmgren made him a star? You got to wonder.

He played at Los gatos and kids that played high school ball in our neighborhood all knew who he was. You would wake up read the Saturday morning Cron, and there would be the Los Gatos score something crazy like 72-0. He was a confident mo-fo.

What the heck happened to this guy is nothing short of amazing. He could have played college ball anywhere. He ended up on a crap Stanford team with no line. Sound familiar? When the Bills took him I thought the search was over, what the hell do I know?

I understand Trent has failed as a pro. I wonder if his coaching in B-LO had anything to do with it. Probably not. Could A young B. Walsh or Holmgren made him a star? You got to wonder.

He played at Los gatos and kids that played high school ball in our neighborhood all knew who he was. You would wake up read the Saturday morning Cron, and there would be the Los Gatos score something crazy like 72-0. He was a confident mo-fo.

What the heck happened to this guy is nothing short of amazing. He could have played college ball anywhere. He ended up on a crap Stanford team with no line. Sound familiar? When the Bills took him I thought the search was over, what the hell do I know?

There are people who have what it takes to be a star and those who don't. Captain Checkdown falls in the latter category, regardless of who is coaching.

First post!

Edited by Pork Pot Pie

watched all his plays the other night when i saw he had a td and no picks.

every single pass was a dump off, screen, roll out for 3-4 yards to the flat, and his biggest pass of the night was a 7 yarder through the air that gained another 5 or so. His TD was a broken tackle wr screen. It was like i could just see the eagle fans thinking," hey, he looks pretty good" not realising the carefully crafted way T.E. has learned to survive in the NFL. ..

1. Never go deep down the middle.

2. Never take a chance period.

After watching Trenty and his new hair style...long (think clay mathews in training) I realised I was right about something.

Back in 2007 i believe, Trenty led a comeback against the skins (really he did) and the big play was a deep middle pass to Royal that looked like maybe it was to a stationary Reed, but went over his head, and hit royal perfectly in stride. It was too perfect. Back then I was 80/20 that it was on purpose, a year later I was 50/50, then 20/80 but after last night i am %100 convinced that pass to Royal was a lucky accident. He has never thrown a pass like that since (really) and when he tries it is always overthrown or a pick. He did it one time in the eagles game, same result. overthrow near pickoff. He did however throw one of his famous 5 yard out INTs, but the steeler had it ripped out of both hands, or it was game over. New hair style...same trent turdwards.

I was at that game in DC. I think he hit Fred deep down the middle late to help win it. I agree though, he never hit a guy in stride ever again after that. Fitz is the anti-Trent. I wish he would check down once in a while but Fitz insists on throwing to guys in stride surrounded by like 3 defenders. High risk, high reward.

How many QBs have we said that about since1996.

I was at that game in DC. I think he hit Fred deep down the middle late to help win it. I agree though, he never hit a guy in stride ever again after that. Fitz is the anti-Trent. I wish he would check down once in a while but Fitz insists on throwing to guys in stride surrounded by like 3 defenders. High risk, high reward.

totally agree with you regarding fitz, hes the anti trent, thats exactly what i think sometimes when i WANT him to check down. But it was royal, not fred, at least the game winning throw that got em down in position to kick a fg. No WAY fred would ever catch a deep pass anyway.lol

Edited by loserlovers

I wish Trent the best, but glad he's gone.

The guy who looked good to me was Foles. I didn't know a thing about him prior to the draft, but just before draft day I heard that he was one QB the Bills were high on. I watched him a bit the other night and he's got a cannon for an arm. There are actually a few mid to late rd QBs who are in the league as 2nd, 3rd string right now that we should keep our eyes on. I know we tried to sneak G.Harrell away from the Pack last year, but there are probably a good four or five potential back-ups who may look interesting to us if Fitz doesn't get it done.

totally agree with you regarding fitz, hes the anti trent, thats exactly what i think sometimes when i WANT him to check down. But it was royal, not fred, at least the game winning throw that got em down in position to kick a fg. No WAY fred would ever catch a deep pass anyway.lol

It was actually Josh Reed. 30 yard strike into coverage to set-up game winning FG. But in any case he never had the courage to make that type of put your balls on the line game winning play again.

A few years later that Trentitive song parody is still perfect.

It was actually Josh Reed. 30 yard strike into coverage to set-up game winning FG. But in any case he never had the courage to make that type of put your balls on the line game winning play again.

A few years later that Trentitive song parody is still perfect.

ok i had it backwards, meant for royal but it went to reed.

Edwards ran the west coast offense while at college at Stanford. So not having an experienced NFL OC to teach him any different (brain dead Schonert & AVP as OC's) its what he knew. Edwards had it so great In Buffalo, that all pro WR corps and O line.... 5 concussions in 3 years! Bet he still exchanges xmas cards with Jauron :lol:

I'm just happy the Bills found a QB that can perform with sub par players around him

Edited by Fear the Beard

Have you had trouble with past girlfriends who have dumped you? What is the point of this post? Is it to note how justified the Bills were in letting him go? If that is the case, I would like to note that I don't look forward to your posts on Clements, Peters, Maybin or comparatively Roy. Edwards was given every shot to make this team and lead it with a new coach who was willing to give him the benefit of a doubt from the first day. It didn't work and both teams have moved on. What do you think about the excessive penalties, the fight for second and third receiver, or the competitive kicking situation?