Redskins game officially not a sellout

I fully expect PreseasonLive (the $20 thing) to be blacked out. There is a slim chance that the service can be fooled into thinking you're somewhere else using a VPN or a proxy (works for MLB and NHL), but I think NFL might be a step ahead on that. I tried a VPN in San Jose but NFL.com routed me to it's international "Game Pass" site when I tried to load a Preseason video. I will try more tinkering on thursday. I may even ask an out-of-state friend to log into my account and set up a webcam on the screen, if all else fails.

From the PreseasonLive web site ...

*Due to broadcast restrictions, all nationally-broadcast Preseason games are blacked out and all locally-televised Preseason games are blacked out in their home markets. Blacked-out games will be made on available on demand in the NFL Preseason Live archives. Preseason games that do not sell out in either team's home or away markets and games broadcast nationally on ESPN will be available 24 hours after the conclusion of those games. All other blacked-out games will be available immediately in the NFL Preseason Live archives following the conclusion of those games.

It's bad enough the NFL is greedy enough to !@#$ season ticket holders by charging full price for preseason games and !@#$ing Sunday Ticket subscribers with blackouts. Now they are going to !@#$ the people willing to shell out $20 to watch preseason games? They have no shame and their greed has no bounds. They should be embarassed.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I fully expect PreseasonLive (the $20 thing) to be blacked out. There is a slim chance that the service can be fooled into thinking you're somewhere else using a VPN or a proxy (works for MLB and NHL), but I think NFL might be a step ahead on that. I tried a VPN in San Jose but NFL.com routed me to it's international "Game Pass" site when I tried to load a Preseason video. I will try more tinkering on thursday. I may even ask an out-of-state friend to log into my account and set up a webcam on the screen, if all else fails.

Well that is probably the smartest (and dirtiest) thing I think I have heard the NFL doing. Watch all preseason games live, unless they are blacked out. So basically give me $20 and I'll give you a blank screen. And the government wonders why more and more illegal streaming sites pop up like weeds.

Edited by The Wiz

Preseason games that do not sell out in either team's home or away markets and games broadcast nationally on ESPN will be available 24 hours after the conclusion of those games

Wait a minute! I thought away games were never blacked out. WTF?! I missed that.

Probably part of the new policy that they slipped in under article 87 section q line "F@#K the fans"

My DirecTV says it will be a live broadcast at 6 pm CST on the 9th on channel 642.

See another thread on this. It's supposed to be live only for DC area DTV subs.

Unfortunately living in Va Beach means I live in Redskin country. Fortunately that means I get the game live Thursday night. Unfortunately it's with the Redskins announcers...Theisman and believe it or not Sonny Jurgenson.

See the replay of the game on Friday at 4 p.m. on Ch 212. I've already got it set to record.

NFL Network will show all preseason games on Ch 212 in the days that follow the day the game is played. You can see all of the Bills' preseason games if you have DirecTV (on Channel 212).