Kelsay...

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/4827912/20120727_ajl_bk3_040_extra_large.jpg

Look at those guns! :worthy:

---

Ok, seriously, here's a link to a Buffalo Rumblings article on why Kelsay might have a career year. :)

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/7/28/3198163/buffalo-bills-training-camp-chris-kelsay-mark-anderson

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that he is a whipping boy for many Bills fans but he actually plays defensive end pretty well. He definitely was miscast as an OLB and struggled in coverage and setting the edge, but with his hand in the dirt, while not always getting sacks, can put pressure on the QB. He is also a stand-up guy that doesn't seem to complain, works hard, and is active in the community. He lives in Buffalo year round. I hope that he has a great year.

yes I will buy two tickets please. I hear carringtons looking good, maybe Kelsey is finally worried about his spot and trying to pump up a bit. I could see him being released by next season for alot of reasons- age, no gauranteed money to lose, other DE's who actually get sacks. stand up guy or not...we need sacks, heck, im a stand up guy and my guns are almost that big, can I play for the bills?

Kelsay is the type of player who does little things well. he is not a speed demon edge rusher but he can set an edge.

He will benefit the most from our revamped DL.. We also won't have to depend upon him as we have multiple players who can step in. He will be used primarily on run downs.

I think I hate Kelsay more than anyone. To be clear, it's not because he doesn't pressure the QB. He is a decent pass rusher and could easily get 5-7 sacks this year with a better supporting cast. My problem with him is his ability to stop runs. He might as well be Aaron Maybin out there. Over the last 2-3 seasons, the Bills have been setting milestones and near records for Rushing Yards Allowed. If anyone should be held accountable, it's Kelsay. He has not disrupted a running play in 2-3 seasons. He had Reggie Bush trapped behind the line but Bush ran through him like a piece of paper. Bush is not considered a power-back, but he looked like Jerome Bettis on that play.

Kelsay was a failure as an OLB - but far less of a failure in Year #2 of that experiment than Year #1.

I'm happy to see him back as a 4-3 DE where he belongs. Personally, I think Williams, Anderson, Kelsay, and Merriman will be a really good group of rotational DEs this season. Especially with Dareus and Kyle pushing the middle. When you look at our group of DEs, I'm not sure Kelsay will start or deserves to start. Nonetheless, count me fan because I'm a fan of any Bill as long as he wears the Bills red, white and royal blue. I'm hoping Kelsay has a great season and quiets his critics.

I think I hate Kelsay more than anyone. To be clear, it's not because he doesn't pressure the QB. He is a decent pass rusher and could easily get 5-7 sacks this year with a better supporting cast. My problem with him is his ability to stop runs. He might as well be Aaron Maybin out there. Over the last 2-3 seasons, the Bills have been setting milestones and near records for Rushing Yards Allowed. If anyone should be held accountable, it's Kelsay. He has not disrupted a running play in 2-3 seasons. He had Reggie Bush trapped behind the line but Bush ran through him like a piece of paper. Bush is not considered a power-back, but he looked like Jerome Bettis on that play.

You absolutely are wrong on your analysis of Kelsay when it comes to run support.....he is a stoute run defender.

He does tend to overpursue taking him out of plays.....but he is not weak when it comes to run support. Reminds me of Phil Hanson in that area.

You absolutely are wrong on your analysis of Kelsay when it comes to run support.....he is a stoute run defender.

He does tend to overpursue taking him out of plays.....but he is not weak when it comes to run support. Reminds me of Phil Hanson in that area.

Please, post a video of Kelsay stuffing a run. It hasn't happened in a long time. Please, explain why the team is setting records for rushing yards against. Who is to blame? If he's a stout run defender, there should be some evidence of it. He was lining up next to one of the best DTs in the NFL (Dareus) last season, yet he couldn't register a single Run Stuff. It's kinda sad, really.

Please, post a video of Kelsay stuffing a run. It hasn't happened in a long time. Please, explain why the team is setting records for rushing yards against. Who is to blame? If he's a stout run defender, there should be some evidence of it. He was lining up next to one of the best DTs in the NFL (Dareus) last season, yet he couldn't register a single Run Stuff. It's kinda sad, really.

Well its obvioulsy not the 3 other guys on the d-line, or any of the other defenders faults