More proof Ralph is cheap

Official reason ? Too Close to Lancaster High School

Anyone who knew that area in the early 70's - would have been impressed by the highest structure visible - a water tower

And the jail was (and still is) down the road

Remember the name ? Ed Cotrell ?

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/08/05/nyregion/erie-county-loses-dome-suit.html

City or County Politics - did it matter ?

I wonder who owned the shale quarry where the stadium was finally built ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because he hasn't publicly announced a succession plan doesn't mean he doesn't have one in place. I recall Larry Felser writing columns about how there's no plan in place. To me all that means is Larry assumes since Ralph didn't inform him of his plans there can't be one. For whatever reason, it may just be that RW doesn't want anyone to know his plans until he's dead. I certainly can understand peoples argument that RW would be much more liked if he announced his plans now, while I totally agree, that doesn't mean he needs to do it.

He has said the succession plan is to auction the team off to the highest bidder.

Wilson to Bills fans,"F@#K YOU"!

I hope he's changed his mind since then. I have no reason to believe he has.

He has said the succession plan is to auction the team off to the highest bidder.

if he has, why the secrecy?, if he hasnt, then he is a pri-k, just as i maintain..

It was my understanding the estate has final say on who it is sold to. The estate can pick a group that will keep the Bills in Buffalo. There is zero doubt in my mind that the Bills will not leave Buffalo. Were not moving to LA, London or toronto or mexico city. It simply wont happen

why didnt he just leave then?.."commited to buffalo"??? that is such bullsh-t.. we , as a community having been taking it up the a$$ for this guy.. he didnt leave because he preyed upon our inferiority complex! used us like a bunch of fools..

...says the guy in Philly. :huh:

...says the guy in Philly. :huh:

"the guy in philly" was born in buffalo,lived my first 55 years there, attended my first game in 1960, so i do have a bit of history regarding the bills and feel i am more than credible in offering an opinion, just like anyone else on here. not living in buffalo is a moot point in this discussion.

"the guy in philly" was born in buffalo,lived my first 55 years there, attended my first game in 1960, so i do have a bit of history regarding the bills and feel i am more than credible in offering an opinion, just like anyone else on here. not living in buffalo is a moot point in this discussion.

You certainly ACT like a guy from Philly...as in, you seem to have an answer for everything, despite knowing nothing.

If anyone on this forum can offer some concrete (i.e., verifiable) evidence of either the existence or non-existence of a succession plan for the Bills after Ralph's death, it would absolutely shock me. Nobody knows what's going on, yet so many act as though they do.

To the original point of the thread, Ralph is a philanthropist and despite the tax advantages the idiots always want to point out, he doesn't "need" to do any of it.

You certainly ACT like a guy from Philly...as in, you seem to have an answer for everything, despite knowing nothing.

If anyone on this forum can offer some concrete (i.e., verifiable) evidence of either the existence or non-existence of a succession plan for the Bills after Ralph's death, it would absolutely shock me. Nobody knows what's going on, yet so many act as though they do.

To the original point of the thread, Ralph is a philanthropist and despite the tax advantages the idiots always want to point out, he doesn't "need" to do any of it.

well at least you do not pass judgement on anyone!! the name calling certainly hurts your cred, i e :'idiots".. some of us "idiots" on here have a different opinion of wilson than you do.evidence of a succession plan, or lack thereof, reinforces my point by the mere fact it should be out in the forefront.what is the point of making the fan base squirm?

Edited by dwight in philly

Ok. All this talk has me thinking (i know, scarry right). The fact is this: Ralph is still th owner of the BUFFALO Bills. Not the Toronto Bills, not the LA Bills, London Bills, Mexico Bills or any other city all the "know it alls" claim Ralph to threaten to move to. He still owns the team and th fact is he has NEVER moved them. The games he might have played with the county or state back in the 60s, 70s or late 90s all mean absolutely nothing considering he never packed up and locked the doors. County and state negotiations are just as normal as player contract negotiations with agents. The agent demands more money and they all settle on a mutual agreement.

The fact also remains unknown to what will happen to the team after Ralph leaves us for the Great Big End Zone in the sky. nobody knows except Ralph and people close to him. I tell people things all the time that aren't true. Heck, I work in a prison and have friends that I know nothing about because they tell so many stories to hide things from the inmates that nobody knows the real truth.

Ralph knows what he's doing and that's it. Nobody will know the real truth as to what the plan is until the time comes. There are people that constantly think Ralph is a POS or a money hungry old man or whatever else you like to call him. To those people I can say STFU!!! IF Ralph ia going to just let the team leave when he goes, then judge him then. If that's the case we will have much more to worry about than hating Ralph. Like not having a team to root for anymore. If Ralph is planning something you will all love him unconditionally for the rest of your lives. Either way, there is an unknown about this team. Just enjoy it while it's here. If you can't do that and you constantly feel the need to talk bad about the FO or owner then maybe your not reallybas big of a Bills fan as you thought you were.

well at least you do not pass judgement on anyone!! the name calling certainly hurts your cred, i e :'idiots".. some of us "idiots" on here have a different opinion of wilson than you do.evidence of a succession plan, or lack thereof, reinforces my point by the mere fact it should be out in the forefront.what is the point of making the fan base squirm?

I occasionally let my frustration get the better of me, and yes, I think it's idiotic that whenever it's pointed out that Ralph donates money there's somebody right there to say he only did it for the tax write-off.

Sorry.

I occasionally let my frustration get the better of me, and yes, I think it's idiotic that whenever it's pointed out that Ralph donates money there's somebody right there to say he only did it for the tax write-off.

Sorry.

i never said ralph donates money to charity for a tax write-off, be that as it may, my basic frustration is directed at all the ralph ass-kissing that goes on here. sure he has kept the team here, know that , can recite it chapter and verse, my problem(s) with him, and there are many, is holding us in a hostage situation . it is insulting! IT IS DEGRADING, why is it such a big deal to keep it secret? but, if we are to go on what we know, YES, the team will be sold to the highest bidder, case closed. that is the epitome of a shameless pri-k.

i never said ralph donates money to charity for a tax write-off, be that as it may, my basic frustration is directed at all the ralph ass-kissing that goes on here. sure he has kept the team here, know that , can recite it chapter and verse, my problem(s) with him, and there are many, is holding us in a hostage situation . it is insulting! IT IS DEGRADING, why is it such a big deal to keep it secret? but, if we are to go on what we know, YES, the team will be sold to the highest bidder, case closed. that is the epitome of a shameless pri-k.

What exactly is the basis for your belief that Ralph owes YOU the benefit of knowing what his plans are? Your standing as a fan? Season ticket holder? Please. You are not being held hostage; you are free to spend your time and money supporting whatever product you choose.

As for the ass-kissing...it's an absolute fact Ralph could have taken the money and run with the Bills; if he was in it just for the benjamins the team would have been gone a long time ago.

Since I'm trying to refrain from name-calling, I won't say anything more other than to point out how ironic the last eight words of your post are.

This place is becoming hostile for a select few. I know! But,Unless you've been here since the magic 01-04 years. Anything but total homerism is unacceptable. All over a team that has sucked the entire century and most of the last.

Now go ahead and call my fandom into question because I as some others don't like kool-aid. truth is (in my case anyways) no one knows how connected some people are or have been with the Buffalo Bills organization.

Yea, I think the team is on the right track. Like everyone else on this thread I know nothing about Wilson's plans. Conjecture and $4 still only gets you a cup of coffee.

What exactly is the basis for your belief that Ralph owes YOU the benefit of knowing what his plans are? Your standing as a fan? Season ticket holder? Please. You are not being held hostage; you are free to spend your time and money supporting whatever product you choose.

As for the ass-kissing...it's an absolute fact Ralph could have taken the money and run with the Bills; if he was in it just for the benjamins the team would have been gone a long time ago.

Since I'm trying to refrain from name-calling, I won't say anything more other than to point out how ironic the last eight words of your post are.

ok! you win, all the public money, support enabling the franchise to prosper all in the name of "allowing" us the privledge of having a NFL franchise is fine. no problem, how foolish i am thinking that after the region supporting the team for 50 years , we should just be grateful, no harm, no foul, ralph owes us nothing.. i get it

Ok. All this talk has me thinking (i know, scarry right). The fact is this: Ralph is still th owner of the BUFFALO Bills. Not the Toronto Bills, not the LA Bills, London Bills, Mexico Bills or any other city all the "know it alls" claim Ralph to threaten to move to. He still owns the team and th fact is he has NEVER moved them. The games he might have played with the county or state back in the 60s, 70s or late 90s all mean absolutely nothing considering he never packed up and locked the doors. County and state negotiations are just as normal as player contract negotiations with agents. The agent demands more money and they all settle on a mutual agreement.

The fact also remains unknown to what will happen to the team after Ralph leaves us for the Great Big End Zone in the sky. nobody knows except Ralph and people close to him. I tell people things all the time that aren't true. Heck, I work in a prison and have friends that I know nothing about because they tell so many stories to hide things from the inmates that nobody knows the real truth.

Ralph knows what he's doing and that's it. Nobody will know the real truth as to what the plan is until the time comes. There are people that constantly think Ralph is a POS or a money hungry old man or whatever else you like to call him. To those people I can say STFU!!! IF Ralph ia going to just let the team leave when he goes, then judge him then. If that's the case we will have much more to worry about than hating Ralph. Like not having a team to root for anymore. If Ralph is planning something you will all love him unconditionally for the rest of your lives. Either way, there is an unknown about this team. Just enjoy it while it's here. If you can't do that and you constantly feel the need to talk bad about the FO or owner then maybe your not reallybas big of a Bills fan as you thought you were.

why should i just "enjoy it while its here"! i , like most of the fans deserve more.. that is weak..

Edited by dwight in philly

ok! you win, all the public money, support enabling the franchise to prosper all in the name of "allowing" us the privledge of having a NFL franchise is fine. no problem, how foolish i am thinking that after the region supporting the team for 50 years , we should just be grateful, no harm, no foul, ralph owes us nothing.. i get it

why should i just "enjoy it while its here"! i , like most of the fans deserve more.. that is weak..

The great thing for you is that the great city of Philadelphia is in no danger of being called a down and out city. Or in conversations of losing thier football team. Just like how you moved from the city of Buffalo, you can move your fandom to the Eagles. You have nothing to lose. Your all set. Congrats. We all envy you and your prospering city as well as your always amazing football team. Go Eagles and fhier owner that doesn't hold his city hostage. Woot woot.

why didnt he just leave then?.."commited to buffalo"??? that is such bullsh-t.. we , as a community having been taking it up the a$$ for this guy.. he didnt leave because he preyed upon our inferiority complex! used us like a bunch of fools..

Hey, speak for yourself.My ass feels just fine. Nothing forced up my hole. I choose to root for the Bills. I don't have to but I choose to. He is running a business that is his. He can run it his own Fu&*ing way. You could always root for the eagles or any other team. Iv'e been watching the Bills since the Old Rockpile days and have enjoyed being a fan. He definetly could have left for more money and he would have been right to do so. It's a business, his business. Don't like it, tough. I have no inferiority complex and I'm no fool. Thanks for everything Ralph!

The great thing for you is that the great city of Philadelphia is in no danger of being called a down and out city. Or in conversations of losing thier football team. Just like how you moved from the city of Buffalo, you can move your fandom to the Eagles. You have nothing to lose. Your all set. Congrats. We all envy you and your prospering city as well as your always amazing football team. Go Eagles and fhier owner that doesn't hold his city hostage. Woot woot.

huh??? are you serious with that statement? i could care less about the eagles. my allegiance is with, and always has, been with the bills.how does not living in buffalo have anything to do with me expressing my frustration with wilson and his shabby treatment of the fan base?

Hey, speak for yourself.My ass feels just fine. Nothing forced up my hole. I choose to root for the Bills. I don't have to but I choose to. He is running a business that is his. He can run it his own Fu&*ing way. You could always root for the eagles or any other team. Iv'e been watching the Bills since the Old Rockpile days and have enjoyed being a fan. He definetly could have left for more money and he would have been right to do so. It's a business, his business. Don't like it, tough. I have no inferiority complex and I'm no fool. Thanks for everything Ralph!

i applaud your blind allegiance!

How the hell is a football team's performance tied to what you deserve? You deserve what you earn, I'm missing how what you deserve relates to the Bills and Ralph.

huh??? are you serious with that statement? i could care less about the eagles. my allegiance is with, and always has, been with the bills.how does not living in buffalo have anything to do with me expressing my frustration with wilson and his shabby treatment of the fan base?

i applaud your blind allegiance!

Football is a business. The NFL is the biggest business in sports. If Ralph wanted to leave he's had plenty of opportunities to do so. He hasn't. He's had plenty of opportunites tobsell the team to just about anyone in the last few years, he hasn't. He's kept the team here. And regardless of war everyont thinks his plan is for the team after he dies, nobody really knows and won't until he dies. If your so interested in the Bills staying in Buffalo them maybe you should be donating your personal bank account to Ralphs doctors to help keep him alive longer since you think the team is gone when he is gone. You should be begging Jesus every night to keep Ralph breathing. Not hating him and calling him a "prick".