My God I hate the Pats

No idea how long it's been since I've started a topic outside of Off The Wall. But right now I'm watching ESPN2 fellating the Patriots. I think the whole "Pats*" thing is ridiculous. They are just good. But I !@#$ing HATE them.

That's all.

Edited by stevestojan

It's real simple. The Pats are perennial division champs. I wouldn't expect ESPN or other media outlets to not give them their due. Maybe Buffalo will again be the media darlings as they were in the early 90's, but not until they win on the field. Teams like the Pats are going to get the attention as they are always in the mix come playoff time. Let's see, the Pats have appeared in the playoffs 13 of the past 17 seasons including 9 of the past 11 seasons. Buffalo hasn't been to the playoffs in 12 years. Who are you going to talk about if you are ESPN? I'm talking about the Pats if I'm ESPN. Until the Bills EARN the attention of the media by becoming a perennial playoff team, I'd expect to see only brief mentions of the Bills in the national media. This is as it should be. Go Bills.

I too hate the Pats, cannot say I care much for the Jets, or the Dolphins for that matter. In fact, I dislike for more teams than I like. The hate list, Pats, Jets, Cowboys, Dolphins, Giants, Pats, and the Jets, they get double hate.

No idea how long it's been since I've started a topic outside of Off The Wall. But right now I'm watching ESPN2 fellating the Patriots. I think the whole "Pats*" thing is ridiculous. They are just good. But I !@#$ing HATE them.

That's all.

Thanks for the reminder, I had nearly forgotten how much I hate that !@#$ing team.

When we started off last year 3-0 then 5-2, I distinctly remember national media outlets talking about how good it was to see Buffalo relevant again and how much better the league is when the old school blue collar cities (Detroit too) are doing well.

Bottom line, our national reputation will correlate with the wins column. Nobody gave a rat's ass about New England either (not even New England chowderheads themselves) until they started rattling off championships.

When we started off last year 3-0 then 5-2, I distinctly remember national media outlets talking about how good it was to see Buffalo relevant again and how much better the league is when the old school blue collar cities (Detroit too) are doing well.

Bottom line, our national reputation will correlate with the wins column. Nobody gave a rat's ass about New England either (not even New England chowderheads themselves) until they started rattling off championships.

I was gonna make this point, but you beat me to it. If we would have played like the Pats have the last decade, & they would have played like us, the fans in NE would hate us like we hate them...& ya know, we wouldn't give a flyin crap about their feelings, just like they don't about ours. In fact, they must laugh at our "hate" posts...that's why I don't express my feelings toward them in writing very often...just in case one or more of them is trolling our site. Why give them the satisfaction? The tide will turn soon...gotta Billieve!

You do understand from 88'-96' we were just as hated by everyone right? Esp 90'-94'

Exactly. Success breeds hate. When you're good, nobody is on the fence. Lots of people LOVE you and lots of other people HATE you. The Yankees, the Patriots, Duke basketball... Take away the success and the venom dies down.

Exactly. Success breeds hate. When you're good, nobody is on the fence. Lots of people LOVE you and lots of other people HATE you. The Yankees, the Patriots, Duke basketball... Take away the success and the venom dies down.

I agree to some extent, but not entirely. For ex., the Stillers Packers and Giants are all very successful franchises yet engender nowhere near the hate. Some of the hate is the fault of the teams you listed. The Yankees buy championships, Duke is for snooty, rich kid front-runners, and the Pats*, well, where does one start....

My link

Just posted the link in the Shoutbox. Humorous. Welker has to stop hanging out with Brady. He's starting to feel inadequate without the height, hair and Giselle. Maybe the next step is some shin extensions?

The Pats have been a top 3 team every year that Brady has played. I'm not an ESPN guy, but I can't blame them for riding the Pats jock. They are one of the most consistent franchises over the last 10 seasons (Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Green Bay are up there with them) and winning keeps people interested. Rest easy though fellow Bills fans. Our time is very, very near.

Edited by VanCity

We deserve very little press because we haven't proven it on the field yet. Now with that said, I can't wait to see our line go against Brady with the loss of Logan Mankins I'm sure through game 4 with the ACL issue, Matt Light is retired, Brian Waters might retire and Vollmer has nagging back issues.

Can that be any better compered to a healthy K Williams, M Williams, M Dareus, and possibly a healthy S Merriman and M Anderson in his prime. With these o line issues on the Patsies, we could make Brady look not so Brady as he has always enjoyed time to hit the hot route.

He He! Can't wait.