Car repair question

BuffaloBud

So wifey buys a new used car has it for about 2 weeks. I drive it one time and ever so lightly "run into" a curb / sidewalk that was taller than expected and there is about a couple of dozen marks in the bumper where the white paint has come off of the plastic bumper (base color is black). It is actually the lower section of the bumper where the fog lamps are.

Has anyone used the paint repair pens to touch up these marks or am I forking out money for a new bumper?

So wifey buys a new used car has it for about 2 weeks. I drive it one time and ever so lightly "run into" a curb / sidewalk that was taller than expected and there is about a couple of dozen marks in the bumper where the white paint has come off of the plastic bumper (base color is black). It is actually the lower section of the bumper where the fog lamps are.

Has anyone used the paint repair pens to touch up these marks or am I forking out money for a new bumper?

Try some touch up paint and see how it looks. It's only 5 or 6 bucks and you might need it in the future!

It can be done the only problem with doing it that way is you will notice the touch up spot. If you went that way and wanted it to look good you would have to wet sand the spot that way the paint looks flush other wise it will look raised

You're just going to do it again. Put old tires or boat bumpers on the front.

You hit the curb with your wifes car? Was it opposite day?

LoL... So true.

Of course when the wife questioned him, he just shrugged and said: "What scratch?" "I don't know what you are talking about."

The real question is, can guys plead the 5th and pull it off? Or is it only the chicks that pull stuff off like this with impunity?

No - it wasn't opposite day. :w00t: I had to drop it off at the airport so that she had a ride into work the following day. I had a meeting that morning so I could not pick her up.

No, I wasn't wasted.

And, I couldn't blame it on someone else. She can read me like a cheap romance novel. (I'd like to know how she does it.)

Edited by BuffaloBud

Enquiring minds want to know what the bumper sticker says or what message it conveys... ;-) ;-)

nothing too exciting..."follow me to the farmers market", with some cool artwork. (at least i think it's cool). 1 week old car, backing out of a hotel parking space in Rochester. backed into a van with one of those huge low slung luggage carriers on the back. when i take it to the dealer for an oil change ill probably order the $60 trim strip that will almost totally repair it. should have sprung for the backup cameras i guess.

No - it wasn't opposite day. :w00t: I had to drop it off at the airport so that she had a ride into work the following day. I had a meeting that morning so I could not pick her up.

No, I wasn't wasted.

And, I couldn't blame it on someone else. She can read me like a cheap romance novel. (I'd like to know how she does it.)

Wow... I feel your pain... You live in hell! Just kidding... I could crush in the whole side of the door and my wife wouldn't notice it. Again: "What dent?" I guess it is a two-way street for her! Wallbash:..

I `m a bodyman with 30yrs exp. You can buy car paint in a spray can at most N.A.P.A. and some auto stores. You can give them your paint code ,yr make and they will mix it and put it in a can . I can`t see your bumper so I can`t tell you what to do. If you just want paint on it sand with 400 wet paper . Tape up around a place where you can see a sharp body line with tape and paper. use enough paper so you don`t overspray. Another thing if you paint over bare plastic without treating it with a plastic adhesive ,it could peel down the road. Good luck.

I `m a bodyman with 30yrs exp. You can buy car paint in a spray can at most N.A.P.A. and some auto stores. You can give them your paint code ,yr make and they will mix it and put it in a can . I can`t see your bumper so I can`t tell you what to do. If you just want paint on it sand with 400 wet paper . Tape up around a place where you can see a sharp body line with tape and paper. use enough paper so you don`t overspray. Another thing if you paint over bare plastic without treating it with a plastic adhesive ,it could peel down the road. Good luck.

I think he means lower fascia rather then bumper. Forget it 20 year Chrysler tech here and I never saw one not ripped to shreds. First it gets cracked hitting the curb, then they go over the curb and rip it off in reverse because it's snagged.

Wives scratch the car and come home and ask you what YOU did. :censored:

LoL... So true.

Of course when the wife questioned him, he just shrugged and said: "What scratch?" "I don't know what you are talking about."

The real question is, can guys plead the 5th and pull it off? Or is it only the chicks that pull stuff off like this with impunity?

I don't get this

So you dropped her car off earlier in the day, for her so she could drive it to work and the front bumper is scratched and needs to be fixed so you are wondering how to fix it.

Its pretty easy what to do, when she comes home, greet her by the car and ask her what happened to the front bumper, Why is it scratched? Then blame it on the airport and say that it must have been from someone hitting it in the lot. She thinks that someone bumped into and scratched her car, you don't look like a woman driver hitting curbs in a parking lot