YOu have to be kidding me.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/erin-burnett-romney-tax-returns-stupid_n_1679027.html

While I think Romney's tax returns could yield some fascinating trickery and financial magic, that does not mean it is illegal, perhaps just in the court of public opinion "distateful".

What SHOCKED me was to learn the Tax Code is 72,000+ pages long.....

Maybe Herman wasn't do bat **** crazy with 9-9-9.... are people are suspicious of Romney and his loophole usage also in favor or flat tax? or fair tax?

72,000+ pages!!!!!

Edited by B-Large

Axelrod: Unlike Romney, Obama Doesn’t Use Tax Shelters

At the verrry end of this Washington Times piece we see this:

Mr. Axelrod also hit Mr. Romney hard on taxes, pointing out that the United States loses $100 billion a year to offshore tax havens such as Switzerland.

“We know Gov. Romney takes advantage of these,” he said. “I’m not suggesting that he’s done anything illegal, but what I am suggesting is that he’s taking advantage of every loophole.”

The president could do those things, but he doesn’t do those things,” Mr. Axelrod added

April 13, 2012: Obama Sets Up Tax Shelter for His Kids:

President Obama and his wife, Michele, gave a total of $48,000 in tax-free gifts to their daughters, according to tax records made public on Friday.

The president and his wife separately gave each daughter a $12,000 gift under a section of the federal tax code that exempts such donations from federal taxes.

There is nothing illegal about the president’s taking advantage of this tax shelter, but it does raise eyebrows given that he has lamented the myriad tax exemptions used by the wealthy—“millionaires and billionaires” like himself—to pay less in taxes.

Time for Axerod to raise his own eyebrows!

Patterico

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/erin-burnett-romney-tax-returns-stupid_n_1679027.html

While I think Romney's tax returns could yield some fascinating trickery and financial magic, that does not mean it is illegal, perhaps just in the court of public opinion "distateful".

What SHOCKED me was to learn the Tax Code is 72,000+ pages long.....

Maybe Herman wasn't do bat **** crazy with 9-9-9.... are people are suspicious of Romney and his loophole usage also in favor or flat tax? or fair tax?

72,000+ pages!!!!!

I've got that topped! What we really need to get rid of is the internet! Know how many web pages there are on that???? No one does and its getting bigger every day! Stop the internet now!! Ron Paul could maybe win the election on this issue!

]April 13, 2012: Obama Sets Up Tax Shelter for His

Kids:

President Obama and his wife, Michele, gave a total of

$48,000 in tax-free gifts to their daughters, according to tax records made

public on Friday.

The president and his wife separately gave each

daughter a $12,000 gift under a section of the federal tax code that exempts

such donations from federal taxes.

There is nothing illegal about the

president’s taking advantage of this tax shelter, but it does raise eyebrows

given that he has lamented the myriad tax exemptions used by the

wealthy—“millionaires and billionaires” like himself—to pay less in taxes.

So they're bitching about the President taking advantage of basic gifting rules? Oh come on man, that's just silly. Oh and BTW it's $13k and year not $12k. And they could have given $130k to each of their kids tax free into a 529 plan and not only is the gift free of taxes (as it should be seeing it's after tax money) but it also grows tax deferred and if used for college all earnings are tax free. Would I B word about that? Hell no, it's just smart planning.

Looks like Obama LOVES outsourcing as long as he can profit from it:

Link.

The mutual fund that the Obamas have invested in also held 94,582,281 million shares of General Electric, valued at $1.4 billion, as of the SEC filing. The multinational conglomorate has a long history of outsourcing – according to a new book cited by the New York Times, in 1989, “G.E. became the first U.S. company to outsource software work to India.” Obama also has close ties to GE’s CEO, Jeffrey Immelt, who was appointed as chairman of his outside panel of economic advisers last year.

In addition to Apple and GE, the Obamas’ fund listed 10,655,961 shares of International Business Machines, valued at $1.9 billion. As the Wall Street Journal reported in 2009, “The technology giant has been steadily building its work force in India and other locations while reducing the number of workers based in the U.S. Foreign workers accounted for 71% of Big Blue’s nearly 400,000 employees at the start of the year, up from about 65% in 2006.”

The point in this is not to say outsourcing is wrong. Corporations are supposed to maximize profits for shareholders. But Obama’s own portfolio shows that despite his heated rhetoric, he makes investment decisions without regard to whether companies are outsourcing.

Link.

"Obama's fund" includes almost $2B in IBM stock? Therefore "his portfolio" outsources?

What a dog**** article. And yeah, I get the point...still a dog**** article.

(And why is my post in bold?)

Edited by DC Tom

"Obama's fund" includes almost $2B in IBM stock? Therefore "his portfolio" outsources?

He's criticizing for Romney profiting while running companies that outsourced.

Yet he profits from companies that outsource.

Pretty simple. And I have no idea why we're all so bold lately.

WAIT. NOW WE'RE ALL CAPS BOLD!

Except that he invests in mutual funds. Not companies.

It's a ridiculous assertion, because there's no equivalence. Kind-of like...oh, pretending the CEO of a private equity fund is also the CEO of the companies owned by that fund, and thus is responsible for outsourcing jobs?

Which was the point...illustrating the idiocy of the assertions against Romney with an equally idiotic one against Obama. Still a dog**** article.

HOLY ****, NOW WE'RE ALL CAPS, BOLDED, ITALICIZED IN RED!!

So they're bitching about the President taking advantage of basic gifting rules? Oh come on man, that's just silly. Oh and BTW it's $13k and year not $12k. And they could have given $130k to each of their kids tax free into a 529 plan and not only is the gift free of taxes (as it should be seeing it's after tax money) but it also grows tax deferred and if used for college all earnings are tax free. Would I B word about that? Hell no, it's just smart planning.

It's still a tax dodge. If Dems love paying taxes so much and abhor when other people try to minimize their tax burder, they shouldn't be taking advantage of ANY tax advantages.

Link.

So it appears that GE is a "pioneer of outsourcing."

GE is a "pioneer in outsourcing."

I don't know. Why is my post so huge?

Except that he invests in mutual funds. Not companies.

It's a ridiculous assertion, because there's no equivalence. Kind-of like...oh, pretending the CEO of a private equity fund is also the CEO of the companies owned by that fund, and thus is responsible for outsourcing jobs?

Which was the point...illustrating the idiocy of the assertions against Romney with an equally idiotic one against Obama. Still a dog**** article.

Obama invests in Mutal Funds?? Dude really needs an advisor. I'd help him but my rule number one for a new client. I have to like them. :devil:

It's still a tax dodge. If Dems love paying taxes so much and abhor when other people try to minimize their tax burder, they shouldn't be taking advantage of ANY tax advantages.

So it appears that GE is a "pioneer of outsourcing."

I don't know. Why is my post so huge?

Sorry man, 6" ain't huge.

Obama invests in Mutal Funds?? Dude really needs an advisor. I'd help him but my rule number one for a new client. I have to like them. :devil:

Everyman Obama would only touch mutual funds. Only evil Wall Street bankers invest in stocks directly.

Everyman Obama would only touch mutual funds. Only evil Wall Street bankers invest in stocks directly.

You know it really makes sense. You have zero control over what is in your mutual fund. The fund advisors make all those decisions for you. They know what's best for you. Kind of like the government.