Romney Booed by NAACP

I think you're doing a perfectly fine job of showing your intellect without the need of someone putting words in your mouth. In fact, you should post more to reinforce it.

Now go ride the EL and tell us again how happy you were standing next to an actual person of color.

I bike to work, thank you. And god help anybody who might hire you to help them with messaging. Your team would make Mitts look like pros.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this. If you're going to tell a crowd they should choose you over their "Golden Boy" (and that gold's not so shiney any more) then it seems sensible to explain why you're policies will be better for them than his. Am I wrong?

It seems sensible to me to talk to the NAACP the same way you talk to everybody else. So I don't think you are wrong.

NOW you did it Big Cat... You didn't say you BIKE to work... Ut oh!

Yeah, I live in a treehouse made of recycled toilet paper dowels.

On weekends I do mushrooms and perform slam poetry at Potbelly.

My fiancé and I have a live-in transgender partner named Jody, and I donate 20% to the CPS teachers union, because it's the right thing to do.

My fiancé and I have a live-in transgender partner named Jody, and I donate 20% to the CPS teachers union, because it's the right thing to do.

Thank god for Obamacare or else you'd have to pay out of pocket for all those hemorrhoids you get riding your bike to work.

Oh God Potbelly why won't you expand to my home region...forgot about Potbelly... broccoli cheddar heaven.

Thank god for Obamacare or else you'd have to pay out of pocket for all those hemorrhoids you get riding your bike to work.

My employer insurance covers those.

Oh God Potbelly why won't you expand to my home region...forgot about Potbelly... broccoli cheddar heaven.

Shockingly, the quality has declined too badly since their uber-expansion over the past 5 years. Love me some Potbelly.

It seems sensible to me to talk to the NAACP the same way you talk to everybody else. So I don't think you are wrong.

Another guy who won't get a job spreading messages.

Well then he was just mistaken, because the policies that were implemented are not failing. The banks were bailed out which prevented an economic collapse, the Affordable Care Act has opened up healthcare options that previously weren't available to millions, and GM and Chrysler were saved from bankruptcy and thousands of jobs were saved. We could be in even better shape if Congress would stop stonewalling on other Obama proposals to boost domestic demand and prevent further public sector layoffs at the state and local level that are a drag on the net unemployment numbers, where private sector jobs have been increasing. Not to mention his foreign policy successes.

Holy crap.

Seriously.

Holy crap. You DO remember Obama had full control of both houses FOR TWO FREAKING YEARS, right? The only person obstructing Obama is Obama because he took a golden goose of full control and used it to launder a trillion dollars of taxpayer funds to his supporters \while simultaneously squeezing a big, fat health care goose egg, everything else be damned. So please...stop with the "obstructionist" stuff because people are simply not as stupid as you need them to be.

He had his window. He wasted it on stupid crap that didn't work and no one wants, and after 41 month of unemployment REMAINING over 8% in spite of Obama's admitted best efforts to bring it below 5.5%, we're quickly getting to the point where the only people who think Obama's policies haven't failed can be counted on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

The title of the article is the most interesting and unnoticed aspect of this whole thing. Stating that Romney was booed in the article, which even if factually true is somewhat misleading, has a purpose. It's a tricky and effective way to send the message to the average black person who reads the title and not the article that other black people don't like Romney and reject his message. People are hard wired to get with the program.

Edited by Rob's House

Seems like Mitt didn't "keep it real" according to the Big Cat.

I don't know. I found he was "keepin' it real" when he began his speech saying, "Yo, yo, yo, !@#$ the po-po! Kill whitey!"

Apparently he doesn't have enough street cred yet. He needs to bust some more caps in the 5-0's asses.

I don't know. I found he was "keepin' it real" when he began his speech saying, "Yo, yo, yo, !@#$ the po-po! Kill whitey!"

Apparently he doesn't have enough street cred yet. He needs to bust some more caps in the 5-0's asses.

Funniest thing I read about this today was a report from National Journal, criticizing Romney because when McCain spoke to the NAACP, he never said anything critical about Obama.

Yeah. That plan worked out real well for McCain. :lol:

Yes. And he's perfectly capable of going there and NOT lobbing shots at their golden boy...you know, give a stump speech that talks positively about YOUR beliefs rather than talking negatively about your opponent's.

That is Romney's whole schtick. I havn't heard one idea or plan come out of Romney's mouth. Perhaps the worst Republican candidate in 75 years. I'm voting for Obama because Mitt is just plain pathetic.

Funniest thing I read about this today was a report from National Journal, criticizing Romney because when McCain spoke to the NAACP, he never said anything critical about Obama.

Yeah. That plan worked out real well for McCain. :lol:

Never mind that Obama wasn't President in 2008, so it made perfect sense for McCain to avoid talking about Obama.