Chris Berman sucks

major

Last night a few of us had a good conversation on Shoutbox about Chris Berman. That guy is way past his prime. During the home run derby last night he said BACK BACK BACK BACK GONE every single time a ball was hit. I had to hit mute at times just to enjoy the home runs. He should only be allowed to do the Sunday night NFL wrap up with Tom Jackson. I can't believe ESPN is allowing Berman to do a MNF game this year. I am tired of the old antics of Dick Vitale, Chris Berman, and Lee Corso. Here is a video from last night when a true baseball great schooled Chris Berman on air:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sportsminute

ESPN created the way in which around the clock sports news is delivered..Berman is one of the original guys from the era...Oberman , Dan Patrick etc...At one time it was fresh, innovative and funny...Its' hey day was the 90's-Some of the "This is Sportscenter" pieces were great , but now it is all tired , old and just played out. Time for them to re-think the whole model before it becomes obsolete. I do like Berman as the elder spokesman for ESPN-He is actually very bright and insightful when he is asking and answering questions, and delivering a straight forward, semi-serious broadcast...And you HAVE TO appreciate his love of The Bills during the darkest of days...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a Buffalo fan and he can stay forever, nuff said :flirt:

How true. But some need to find fault with a guy who by far is the Bills best booster in broadcasting.

You want to take shots at someone why not Lackawana's very own jaws. Who could care less about the Buffalo Bills. Never did never will.

Other than the standard bandwagon crap. I like jaws but he has never gone out of his way for his hometown team.

Berman could go on the wall with no complaints from me. If his home run calls bore some, why are you watching that kiddie crap to begin with?

How true. But some need to find fault with a guy who by far is the Bills best booster in broadcasting.

You want to take shots at someone why not Lackawana's very own jaws. Who could care less about the Buffalo Bills. Never did never will.

Other than the standard bandwagon crap. I like jaws but he has never gone out of his way for his hometown team.

Berman could go on the wall with no complaints from me. If his home run calls bore some, why are you watching that kiddie crap to begin with?

I understand why some don't like him but I will always be a fan.

Last night a few of us had a good conversation on Shoutbox about Chris Berman. That guy is way past his prime. During the home run derby last night he said BACK BACK BACK BACK GONE every single time a ball was hit. I had to hit mute at times just to enjoy the home runs. He should only be allowed to do the Sunday night NFL wrap up with Tom Jackson. I can't believe ESPN is allowing Berman to do a MNF game this year. I am tired of the old antics of Dick Vitale, Chris Berman, and Lee Corso. Here is a video from last night when a true baseball great schooled Chris Berman on air:

ESPN created the way in which around the clock sports news is delivered..Berman is one of the original guys from the era...Oberman , Dan Patrick etc...At one time it was fresh, innovative and funny...Its' hey day was the 90's-Some of the "This is Sportscenter" pieces were great , but now it is all tired , old and just played out. Time for them to re-think the whole model before it becomes obsolete. I do like Berman as the elder spokesman for ESPN-He is actually very bright and insightful when he is asking and answering questions, and delivering a straight forward, semi-serious broadcast...And you HAVE TO appreciate his love of The Bills during the darkest of days...

Dude, Get a life. Telling us "he sucks" after all the national attention he has given our Bills you got some serious problems if thats the best post you can make stay off the board.

Just as Howard Cosell will always be linked to MNF, Berman will be linked with ESPN's coverage of the NFL. Besides he is one of the few national broadcasters to not to pile on the Bills when they have sucked.

Just because he used to pick the Bills/Niners to go to every Super Bowl in the early 90's doesn't make him great. Furthermore, just because he says "no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills" doesn't make him great. Like I said, he's good with Tom Jackson doing NFL wrap up. The fact is that his antics have grown old. That's my point. He now sucks. He was once good and now sucks.

Just because he used to pick the Bills/Niners to go to every Super Bowl in the early 90's doesn't make him great. Furthermore, just because he says "no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills" doesn't make him great. Like I said, he's good with Tom Jackson doing NFL wrap up. The fact is that his antics have grown old. That's my point. He now sucks. He was once good and now sucks.

Who would you rather watch talk about football? Michael Irvin? Rodney Harrison? Tony Dungey? Warren Sapp? Deion Sanders?, Tedy Bruschi??? If you want to see SUCK watch these clowns at work for a while.

Who would you rather watch talk about football? Michael Irvin? Rodney Harrison? Tony Dungey? Warren Sapp? Deion Sanders?, Tedy Bruschi??? If you want to see SUCK watch these clowns at work for a while.

They could promote Colin Cowherd :thumbdown:

Boomer is just out of his element as a play-by-play guy. He could make Helen Keller's ears bleed. Let him stick to the studio and the occasional interview and he's fine.

GO BILLS!!!

Boom! House'D!

Berman will always be ok in my book. Love hearing him on Sundays, and wish the NFL allowed ESPN to still do the major Sunday Night coverage.

I'm an airline Captain and a few years ago I ran into Chris at LAX (Los Angeles). I was in uniform and walked up to him to shake his hand. There were a few people around him. I immediately whipped out my Buffalo Bills moneyclip from my pocket, and he beamed! He put his back to the people around him and put his arm around me and we walked a few steps: "you're the 3rd one I've met this week!" He then added (the draft just ended and I told him I didn't like the Spiller pick): "Ralph Wilson needs him, because the Bills have gotten boring. It's a stretch pick but he can play and if used correctly, will light it up."

We chatted more in general terms and he told me he talks to Jim Kelly all the time. He used the phrase "our Bills" when we talked and I sensed he meant it.

Now that Tim Russert is gone Chris Berman is the Bills #1 national fan. I will never diss him on this board.

Mike

Edited by mclauria1

They could promote Colin Cowherd :thumbdown:

Agree. The clowns you mentioned suck too (Irvin, Cowherd, Teddy B, etc...). Not trying to offend anyone with my analysis that Berman sucks. He's just gotten old. Happens to everyone. Jordan sucked when he got older (see Jordan with Wizards). We all get old (myself included).

Agree. The clowns you mentioned suck too (Irvin, Cowherd, Teddy B, etc...). Not trying to offend anyone with my analysis that Berman sucks. He's just gotten old. Happens to everyone. Jordan sucked when he got older (see Jordan with Wizards). We all get old (myself included).

Well then you suck, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Chris Berman is a true professional and has a genuine likeability to him. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I get enough "expert analysis" as is. No one has anything interesting to say anyway. Its time for some self evaluation, if Berman has ruined your meaningless Monday night HR contest.

Good post. It's the silly shtick that is just so lame, especially coming from guys in their 50s who have been doing the same thing for 20+ years. Just because something was mildly funny in 80s doesn't mean it's going to be funny forever, but all these guys think they need to keep doing their silly act instead of just acting like intelligent journalists/commentators. You'd like to see a guy like Berman acquiring a little more gravitas as he ages, but apparently he doesn't think that's the way to go.

Speaking of tired, overused phrases. :rolleyes:

Of all the people to hate on and places to do it, you pick Berman on this board? Come on man!

To me Berman is a classic. From his ridiculous baseball nicknames back in the 80's to making NFL Sundays fun to watch for more than 20 years. The Primetime highlight show was an original. He is a true pioneer in sports programming. And the few times the Bills have shown flashes of being a contender in the last decade he's lead the charge to give our team some good publicity. I will always love Berman for giving love to Buffalo.

I'm an airline Captain and a few years ago I ran into Chris at LAX (Los Angeles). I was in uniform and walked up to him to shake his hand. There were a few people around him. I immediately whipped out my Buffalo Bills moneyclip from my pocket, and he beamed! He put his back to the people around him and put his arm around me and we walked a few steps: "you're the 3rd one I've met this week!" He then added (the draft just ended and I told him I didn't like the Spiller pick): "Ralph Wilson needs him, because the Bills have gotten boring. It's a stretch pick but he can play and if used correctly, will light it up."

We chatted more in general terms and he told me he talks to Jim Kelly all the time. He used the phrase "our Bills" when we talked and I sensed he meant it.

Now that Tim Russert is gone Chris Berman is the Bills #1 national fan. I will never diss him on this board.

Mike

Nice post, thanks for sharing. I feel the same way.

It's troubling how some people can get so annoyed by on air personalities.

He is a Buffalo fan and he can stay forever, nuff said :flirt:

I understand why some don't like him but I will always be a fan.

Mike

House and Mike speak for me.

Get over it he is an icon with a capitol I !! If it wasn't for him ESPN would have been another crappy attempt at a sports station . Him and a few others took the wide world of sports & turned it into ESPN of today .

If you want to B word why don't you B word about the gay writers on the staff that every time a gay slur is muttered at a sporting event by a star player they have to make a huge deal out of it & have 3 or 4 full shows on it to promote their agenda .. That is something to B word about not a guy that changed the way game not only in football but base ball , & other sports were called .

Heck i think he even influenced a NFL ref called Red Cashom ?? I think in the way he said First Down it was great . So gripe about something that has some substance to it instead of just talking to here your head roar !!! :nana: :nana:

Edited by T master