19 Hours on a plane

So did they make the crazy old man stay on the plane for hours on the tarmac too, or did they take him off and tell everyone else they had to stay for 'safety' reasons??

Once again, airline personnel prove that they are too incompetent to deal with a minor emergency.

So did they make the crazy old man stay on the plane for hours on the tarmac too, or did they take him off and tell everyone else they had to stay for 'safety' reasons??

Once again, airline personnel prove that they are too incompetent to deal with a minor emergency.

I have a suspicion there's a LOT more to the story that's not being told. Things like: the air crew had gone over their weekly limit of flights allowed, they couldn't get another crew in Houston because it's not a hub. Or: they had to stay on the plane until a gate opened up, which took a while because they don't lease gates at Houston and had to negotiate with another airline.

I have a suspicion there's a LOT more to the story that's not being told. Things like: the air crew had gone over their weekly limit of flights allowed, they couldn't get another crew in Houston because it's not a hub. Or: they had to stay on the plane until a gate opened up, which took a while because they don't lease gates at Houston and had to negotiate with another airline.

O im sure thats what happened. But it was so unbearable with out air conditioning wahhhhh whahhhhhh

Oh, I'm sure, and I wasn't even referring to the plan to bus them to FL (which I probably would have opted for if it meant getting going immediately rather than sitting around the airport for hours while they tried to figure out where to get another plane and crew).

The airline not leasing any gates at Houston was probably the biggest issue in this case, but how long could it take to negotiate some gate rights if they really wanted to make it happen? There must have been dozens of unused gates at a huge airport like Houston. Or get the stairs out and let people walk off the plane. There are plenty of options if the airlines were interested in putting forth some effort and incurring some inconvenience or minor cost for the benefit of its passengers.

O im sure thats what happened. But it was so unbearable with out air conditioning wahhhhh whahhhhhh

On a tarmac in Houston? In july? I'm sure it was.

That's nothing. Try sitting 6 hours on the tarmac at JFK because of mechanical issues before finally taking off on a 14 hour flight to Bejing.

Having taken similar flights I feel your pain. But at least you were prepared for a long flight to begin with.

Having taken similar flights I feel your pain. But at least you were prepared for a long flight to begin with.

Except we pulled away from the gate twice in an attempt to take off. Then after it was finally fixed, we had to wait for more food/drinks to be loaded since they did feed us while waiting.

Stupidest comment overheard while waiting : "Can't they just send another plane?" Yea lady, Air China just happens to have spare planes on standby just in case this happens.