Inventor of Electric Football Dies

BRAWNDO

No, that would be a book.

Can't wait to tell my teachers that when summers over.

"Um, ma'am, instead of reading the book you assigned me, I read a book about the history of football. Figured it was a good trade."

Great 3 first impressions. :lol:

Besides, I have the Buffalo Bills 50 anniversary book and DVD. I also watched some of that Top 100 Players of all time last year and have gotten little tid bits of information here and there from watching football and NFL Network or ESPN. I know how the NFL got started and basically most of the overview. Just not the specific events and how the NFL divisions were shaped before the 32 teams. Those are things that aren't talked about much and I would prefer to learn fact by fact instead of reading it all at once. Keeps football fun and interesting during some of the boring parts of the year.

Edited by Teen Insight

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to tell my teachers that when summers over.

"Um, ma'am, instead of reading the book you assigned me, I read a book about the history of football. Figured it was a good trade."

Great 3 first impressions. :lol:

Besides, I have the Buffalo Bills 50 anniversary book and DVD. I also watched some of that Top 100 Players of all time last year and have gotten little tid bits of information here and there from watching football and NFL Network or ESPN. I know how the NFL got started and basically most of the overview. Just not the specific events and how the NFL divisions were shaped before the 32 teams. Those are things that aren't talked about much and I would prefer to learn fact by fact instead of reading it all at once. Keeps football fun and interesting during some of the boring parts of the year.

So you're telling me you can only read one book at a time?

So you're telling me you can only read one book at a time?

No, I'm reading 4 books at a time. 3 are for summer assignments (History, English, and Civics) and one is Steve Tasker's tales from the Buffalo Bills.

4 is about my limit. I could read 5 if I really had to but I don't have that much time.

No, I'm reading 4 books at a time. 3 are for summer assignments (History, English, and Civics) and one is Steve Tasker's tales from the Buffalo Bills.

4 is about my limit. I could read 5 if I really had to but I don't have that much time.

Summer's, what, three months? 12 weeks maybe?

It takes you 2-3 weeks to read a book?

Summer's, what, three months? 12 weeks maybe?

It takes you 2-3 weeks to read a book?

Its usually 8 weeks. I think we have an extra week off this summer though so that would make it 9. The dumb thing about public schooling is that they didn't decide what the reading assignments were until 2 weeks into summer. So that's 7 weeks to read 3 books for school.

It takes me a little more than 2 weeks to read a book I like, but these books are extremely dry and somewhat difficult to understand and it would usually take me about 3 weeks for one of the books and the other 2 about 3 and a half.

So it looks like I'm going to have some late nights the last week of summer break.

Its usually 8 weeks. I think we have an extra week off this summer though so that would make it 9. The dumb thing about public schooling is that they didn't decide what the reading assignments were until 2 weeks into summer. So that's 7 weeks to read 3 books for school.

It takes me a little more than 2 weeks to read a book I like, but these books are extremely dry and somewhat difficult to understand and it would usually take me about 3 weeks for one of the books and the other 2 about 3 and a half.

So it looks like I'm going to have some late nights the last week of summer break.

Do yourself a favor and do what I did in high school...don't read the crap they assign you.

Night for an American literature class? I knew they had to be !@#$ing around with me.