Obama's America

Thirdrate- "This from a guy who celebrates and admires Caesar Chavez. Who are all the people that have left this board because they are conservative? Can you name them?"

I wasn't talking about the board I was talking about the country in general and the Republican party in particular- Admire and Celebrate Chavez? no but I don't have anything much against him either- When you grow up maybe you'll learn most of these conflicts aren't between hero's and villains but usually between villains and other villains.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirdrate- "This from a guy who celebrates and admires Caesar Chavez. Who are all the people that have left this board because they are conservative? Can you name them?"

I wasn't talking about the board I was talking about the country in general and the Republican party in particular- Admire and Celebrate Chavez? no but I don't have anything much against him either- When you grow up maybe you'll learn most of these conflicts aren't between hero's and villains but usually between villains and other villains.

In Thirdrate's little world, it is about heros and villians!

In my best Hannity voice:

"You are an American hero 3rd!"

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• 2 weeks later...

From your link:

"As this chart shows, since 2008, 3.6. million Americans have been added to Social Security's disability insurance program. In that same time period, a net total of 1.3 million jobs were lost.

"Amazingly, while fewer Americans are working than at the end of 2008, 3.6 million Americans have been awarded SSDI benefits over the same period. The growing number of people on disability and other federal benefits, combined with weak economic growth, raises serious concerns about the sustainability of the American economy," Senator Jeff Sessions, ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee, says in a statement in response to these new numbers."

From your link:

"As this chart shows, since 2008, 3.6. million Americans have been added to Social Security's disability insurance program. In that same time period, a net total of 1.3 million jobs were lost.

"Amazingly, while fewer Americans are working than at the end of 2008, 3.6 million Americans have been awarded SSDI benefits over the same period. The growing number of people on disability and other federal benefits, combined with weak economic growth, raises serious concerns about the sustainability of the American economy," Senator Jeff Sessions, ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee, says in a statement in response to these new numbers."

We have "concerns" about the sustainability of the American economy?

I thought it simply wasn't sustainable.

Really ? when Romney has surrounded himself with John Bolton, Eric Edelrman, Robert Kagan, Eliot Cohen, Cofer Black and others others of their ilk- my guess is if you enjoyed Iraq and Afghanistan you will be happy if not I don't think you are going to like Mitts foreign policy too much.

It really doesn't matter who is the president.

If the military wants to get involved somewhere, we get involved. See: Obama nosing into Libya while we still had two fronts. If the military doesn't want to close GITMO, GITMO doesn't get closed. If the military wants to hold Bradley Manning in solitary confinement, despite every liberal/progressive saying that he's a "hero" then there he is. If the military wants to start using drones more and strike inside of countries like Pakistan, Yemen, etc., then it happens. If the military wants to launch STUXNET, it does.

If a president, especially one with no military background, says no to something the rank and file military wants to do... that's dangerous ground.

There won't be much of a difference.