Is there a bounty on Stevie Johnson for week #2 ?

HOUSE

Watch that video. If Berry continues running (instead of stopping and planting his foot), he gets taken off his feet, or jumps the block and is slowed down by Stevie and is no worse for the wear. Now if Stevie was in front of Berry and went after his knee (instead of a straight up block) I could see the issue, but damn, he was behind him trying to catch up to Berry to cut him off from getting in on the play. Stevie didn't try to hurt the man. Damn, will this crying ever go away?

The crying will not stop as long as illogical KC fans are involved. People get hurt playing football, sometimes very seriously hurt. We lost Eric Wood twice. How much better would our offense be if that didn't happen. Or if Freedie didn't get hurt. Violent game=injuries even on clean plays.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just ridiculous, Is this dude a safety or a freakin punter? Hell even our punter isn't that much of a wimp. Players complain about physical contact in a physical contact sport just makes no sense. He's no angel he's had a few dirty hits since he's been in the league.

youtube.com/watch?v=anwgfO9f0_o (definitely went in with his head first)

That's a clean hit dude.

Well were only up by 14 at that point

No it was 0-0 on the third offensive play of the game. Hindsight is supposed to be 20/20 0:)

Dude tore it on a zero contact play, like a lot of guys. Johnson's hit on him had nothing to do with him tearing his acl.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d8222c2b7/Chiefs-lose-Berry-for-the-season

It likely had everything to do with him tearing his ACL. He was helped off of the field after SJ's block, then further injured himself on the first play he returned.

I'm not blaming SJ in the sense that he intended to injure Berry, but SJ certainly was the main cause of his injury. Perhaps the only other blame to go around is on Berry himself to rush back into the game, and/or the trainers/medical staff who probably should've recognized he wasn't able to return to the game.

ESPN Game Log

Berry was just playing around when he said that as i recall. Just the hollywood side of the game.

But i am sure the whole team feels they owe us one big time. They were well favored and our left tackle was supposed to get destroyed by whatshisname. We punched them right in the mouth. Heck yes they are pissed. we got a nice little rivalry going and nothing wrong with that. Boy that game was fun!

No it was 0-0 on the third offensive play of the game. Hindsight is supposed to be 20/20 0:)

It likely had everything to do with him tearing his ACL. He was helped off of the field after SJ's block, then further injured himself on the first play he returned.

I'm not blaming SJ in the sense that he intended to injure Berry, but SJ certainly was the main cause of his injury. Perhaps the only other blame to go around is on Berry himself to rush back into the game, and/or the trainers/medical staff who probably should've recognized he wasn't able to return to the game.

ESPN Game Log

Then the team doctors and/or trainers should be sued for malpractice if they didn't advise Berry not to return to the game. Any loosening of the ACL would have been easily detectable by a simple palpation of the knee joint on the sidelines.

GO BILLS!!!

Then the team doctors and/or trainers should be sued for malpractice if they didn't advise Berry not to return to the game. Any loosening of the ACL would have been easily detectable by a simple palpation of the knee joint on the sidelines.

GO BILLS!!!

It would just be quite the coincidence.

Knee injury, out of game, take about 8 steps and drop untouched, with the same knee going out? I don't know enough medically but I'd guess the two arent 100% independent (perhaps something else in the stabilization was compromised and made the tear easier?)

It could be a fluke but it would be an odd one.

Also, possible berry said "I'm good coach" and before trainers could have the coach pull him back he was on the turf?

Edited by NoSaint

Knee injury, out of game, take about 8 steps and drop untouched, with the same knee going out? I don't know enough medically but I'd guess the two arent 100% independent (perhaps something else in the stabilization was compromised and made the tear easier?)

Also, possible berry said "I'm good coach" and before trainers could have the coach pull him back he was on the turf?

If I remember right, Eric Berry returned to the field for a few more plays..

Edited by HOUSE

I think there's a better chance of coincidence than the Chiefs training and medical staffs missing anything that would have compromised the stability of his knee joint. Especially it's major support ligament. There was footage of staff members conducting what looked like a pretty thorough palpation when he first came off. SOP on an NFL sideline.

I can also readily believe Berry refusing their advice and declaring himself "good to go."

GO BILLS!!!

Love the homers bashing on KC fans. How many of you are upset about the "hit" on Wood? If that was Byrd going down you would be screaming cheap shot. We have no perspective as fans. Let KC fans vent that they lost a star on their defense and we can vent that we lost the anchor of our offensive line.

Love the homers bashing on KC fans. How many of you are upset about the "hit" on Wood? If that was Byrd going down you would be screaming cheap shot. We have no perspective as fans. Let KC fans vent that they lost a star on their defense and we can vent that we lost the anchor of our offensive line.

Aside from seeing nothing wrong with the hit on Wood, I have no problems agreeing with you. Just so long as people don't conflate SJ's (legal) block with Berry tearing his ACL.

GO BILLS!!!

I think there's a better chance of coincidence than the Chiefs training and medical staffs missing anything that would have compromised the stability of his knee joint. Especially it's major support ligament. There was footage of staff members conducting what looked like a pretty thorough palpation when he first came off. SOP on an NFL sideline.

I can also readily believe Berry refusing their advice and declaring himself "good to go."

GO BILLS!!!

Like I said- faaaaaar from a Dr so I'll defer. Good with numbers though and it seems statistically real strange to hurt the same knee 2 straight plays and the second time without contact. Totally possible but the math in my head says there's a good chance berry did nothing to help the situation.

Like I said- faaaaaar from a Dr so I'll defer. Good with numbers though and it seems statistically real strange to hurt the same knee 2 straight plays and the second time without contact. Totally possible but the math in my head says there's a good chance berry did nothing to help the situation.

That's why they call them coincidences.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't recall anyone calling cheap shot on the Wood injuries. The KC fans can be upset, but don't call a player cheap on a clean play.

As I said before, I talked with the orthopod who works for ESPN (Michael Kaplan) and asked him about the injury. He said it was a) unlikely that Stevie's block was the reason for Berry later tearing his ACL (he said the play that Berry tore it on had the classic mechanism of injury for an ACL tear, i.e. a planted foot with the player trying to turn his knee, which is different from how Stevie hit him since Berry flies up in the air) and b) that if he did have any damage to his ACL, that the team doctors would have put him back out on the field (and if they did, it's on them).

There are a couple of items which should be kept in mind to really answer the question posed in this thread.

1. We do not know(and likely cannot or will never know)what may have neen said between SJ and Berry offline and during the offseason. The facts of this MIGHT happened or MIGHT NOT have happened (it is hard for us to know.

Further, IF it did happen, it could easily happen in a such a way that any issues were solved and there is no problem OR the conversation MIGHT have gone badly and the problem is even worse.

We simply do not know.

IF SJ and Berry talked and had a good conversation where all agreed that there was no intent to injure (or alternately that intent did not matter but Berry forgave SJ) and this talk was communicated to teammates then the problem is solved and no retaliation is likely to occur.

On the other hand, lets say they talked and a war of words ensued and having been called out the next Bills/KC game is merely chapter 2 (or 3 depending upon your perspective as to who started it) in this Hatfield/McCoy dispute.

or on the third hand no conversation between SJ/Berry happened at all and we will simply see what happens next could also be the case.

In other words, having now wasted a chunk of my Saturday morning laying out why we do not know anything, my conclousion is we have to wait and see what happens next.

2. Another issue which this thread does not raise well enough is that there is a real difference between the questions of whether there is a bunty on SJ this game?

I think the answer is almosy certainly no because a the bounty which NO is beimg punished for is for giving a cash incentive for hurting another player. This has got to be the stupidest idea in the world and Gregg Willisms and anyone responsible for this idea deserves to be bsnned for life IMHO (but just because he deserves it does not necessarily mean to me it should be done).

A bounty is not only so self-destructive as it is only a matter of time until one of your own players gets laid low by some other team which now uses the bounty system if it worked well for NO. In addition, it is only a matter of time until word leaks out publicly about the offering of a bounty when an NO player gets traded to another team and he tells his teammates when they play NO to keep an eye open in the back of their heads because of the bounty system the Saints use.

I really seriouisly doubt there will be a bounty, but this is different also from whether given the chance some Chief hits SJ to retaliate for the SJ chop/cut block on Berry.

We will see.

There are a couple of items which should be kept in mind to really answer the question posed in this thread.

1. We do not know(and likely cannot or will never know)what may have neen said between SJ and Berry offline and during the offseason. The facts of this MIGHT happened or MIGHT NOT have happened (it is hard for us to know.

Further, IF it did happen, it could easily happen in a such a way that any issues were solved and there is no problem OR the conversation MIGHT have gone badly and the problem is even worse.

We simply do not know.

IF SJ and Berry talked and had a good conversation where all agreed that there was no intent to injure (or alternately that intent did not matter but Berry forgave SJ) and this talk was communicated to teammates then the problem is solved and no retaliation is likely to occur.

On the other hand, lets say they talked and a war of words ensued and having been called out the next Bills/KC game is merely chapter 2 (or 3 depending upon your perspective as to who started it) in this Hatfield/McCoy dispute.

or on the third hand no conversation between SJ/Berry happened at all and we will simply see what happens next could also be the case.

In other words, having now wasted a chunk of my Saturday morning laying out why we do not know anything, my conclousion is we have to wait and see what happens next.

2. Another issue which this thread does not raise well enough is that there is a real difference between the questions of whether there is a bunty on SJ this game?

I think the answer is almosy certainly no because a the bounty which NO is beimg punished for is for giving a cash incentive for hurting another player. This has got to be the stupidest idea in the world and Gregg Willisms and anyone responsible for this idea deserves to be bsnned for life IMHO (but just because he deserves it does not necessarily mean to me it should be done).

A bounty is not only so self-destructive as it is only a matter of time until one of your own players gets laid low by some other team which now uses the bounty system if it worked well for NO. In addition, it is only a matter of time until word leaks out publicly about the offering of a bounty when an NO player gets traded to another team and he tells his teammates when they play NO to keep an eye open in the back of their heads because of the bounty system the Saints use.

I really seriouisly doubt there will be a bounty, but this is different also from whether given the chance some Chief hits SJ to retaliate for the SJ chop/cut block on Berry.

We will see.

Frankly, as long as the hits are clean, they should be trying to put a good one on him whenever they get a chance anyway.