ESPN Expert Picks Are In

Rico

I can see a few or maybe the majority of those guys picking the Jets...but ALL of them????

Please....it's not that obvious the Jets will win.

186686[/snapback]

Exactly -- I'm betting the Jets game will be much closer than the Indy game.

I cannot for the life of me understand why all of the "experts" are so high on the Jets this weekend.

186654[/snapback]

AFC East is 12-2 against the NFC West this year, and has outscored them by more than two touchdowns on average in each game.

So far the Bills, Pats and Jets are 10-0 in these games.

Rams have two wins outside their division - home vs. TB and last week's home scrimmage.

AFC East is 12-2 against the NFC West this year, and has outscored them by more than two touchdowns on average in each game.

So far the Bills, Pats and Jets are 10-0 in these games.

Rams have two wins outside their division - home vs. TB and last week's home scrimmage.

Bulger is 18-2 at home. Martz is undefeated in the last month of the season at home. Pennington's arm is gimpy, John Abraham is out, and the Rams have every motivation in the world to play. I say they focus on shutting-down Martin and Jordan, force Pennington to beat them, and use a healthy dose of Jackson and throws to Bruce and Holt, and it's a Rams win.

Bulger is 18-2 at home.  Martz is undefeated in the last month of the season at home.  Pennington's arm is gimpy, John Abraham is out, and the Rams have every motivation in the world to play.  I say they focus on shutting-down Martin and Jordan, force Pennington to beat them, and use a healthy dose of Jackson and throws to Bruce and Holt, and it's a Rams win.

186711[/snapback]

The question was why the experts are high on the Jets. The fact that not once in ten tries this season has an NFC West team playing the Bills, Pats or Jets come within seven points of them (much less beat them) is my explanation. Pretty straightforward stuff.

This is a good example of "stats" that can be used to pursue either side of an argument. Ultimately the stat that is more relevant will be the determining factor. In this case, I'm guessing that the 2004 dominance by the AFC East is most relevant, and that Martz's record in December of 2000 is quite a ways down there on the list. I like the Jets a lot, but admittedly I have found ample reasons to bet against Martz on many occasions in the past five years.

On Sunday we'll know for sure.

The question was why the experts are high on the Jets.

186728[/snapback]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writ...koff/index.html

"Pittsburgh at Buffalo

Cold rain in Orchard Park Sunday. Yecch. No Roethlisberger, and from the sounds of things, no Bettis or Duce either. The only man standing between the Bills and the playoffs could very be Verron Haynes.

Buffalo 14, Pittsburgh 10

N.Y. Jets at St. Louis

Indoors, the fast rug, playoffs on the line for both teams, and I'm going with Marc Bulger over Chad Pennington.

St. Louis 24, Jets 23

Indianapolis at Denver

Forecast for Sunday in Denver: 53, low winds, sun. If Peyton Manning plays the whole game, which I don't see happening (I see him playing a half), Colts put up 35. If not, this score happens. Trevor Pryce, this is why they pay you the big bucks.

Denver 23, Indianapolis 21"

At least one guy thinks the Bills will make it in. Too bad it's Peter King.

Bulger is 18-2 at home.  Martz is undefeated in the last month of the season at home.  Pennington's arm is gimpy, John Abraham is out, and the Rams have every motivation in the world to play.  I say they focus on shutting-down Martin and Jordan, force Pennington to beat them, and use a healthy dose of Jackson and throws to Bruce and Holt, and it's a Rams win.

186711[/snapback]

I've got $100 that says this gameplan is better than the one Martz is drawing up right now. :(

I dont believe the Jests will win this game vs the rams. The rams offensive weapons Tory Holt, Issac Bruce, Marshall Faulk & Steven Jackson will most definitly score alot of points vs the Jests overrated defense. The NFC west has not been clinched yet. So the rams have some real significance towards winning this game. The rams win the game, they win the NFC WEST.

Bills will get in the playoffs curtousy of the Jests. Then Paul Hackett gets fired :pirate: