• Uphold individual mandate but strike down other provisions
    • Strike down Indivdual Mandate but uphold remainder
    • Strike down Individual Mandate and other provisions
    • Strike down in entirety

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says the man who's AMA doctrine is "no healthcare reform at all even if it is disastrous as is." Can you not work to within a cooperative setting to make government work as opposed to declaring it should not exist? :nana:

Yes, I don't want disastrous health care reform like Obamacare. Call me crazy.

Says the man who's AMA doctrine is "no healthcare reform at all even if it is disastrous as is." Can you not work to within a cooperative setting to make government work as opposed to declaring it should not exist? :nana:

ama represents a minority of physicians in the us. american college of physicians, americas second largest physician group supports today;s ruling. don't make the mistake of lumping us all together.

Edited by birdog1960

Yes, I don't want disastrous health care reform like Obamacare. Call me crazy.

So lets here it. There's basically Sweeden (aka Romneycare/ACA/Obamacare) or Canada (single payer) if you ACTUALLY want to address the preexisting injury people not having access. Now I know what you will say...."I don't care about the uninsured only costs!" but as is the system isn't working even w/ out that. No costs dropping. Still uninsured. Still most expensive medical system w/ out anything to show of it. Romney says the preexisting injury crowd needs addressing, b/c he's not actually a heartless bastard. And any idiot knows there needs to be government reform. He clearly felt that way in Mass. The completely private system is not fixing itself. There is clearly a need for government. And guess what...Republicans who say they can fix it and help those w/ out access and it won't cost a dime are just lying! Shocking I know. Completely shocking. So what is the choice Romney? Romneycare or Single Payer? We know the answer. And if it's the private sector compromise then guess what...a true step forward is to make the ACA better and move forward. But that would *gasp* make his position the same as Obama. And he can't win an election on the backs of the crazy right talking like that.

So lets here the solution. Lets here the answer, that costs nothing and is so different from Obamacare that it should be repealed dead. Actually....lets here a few specific aspects of the bill that are going to destroy medicine. "Too many people now can afford it and there aren't enough doctors!" Oh...I guess we should be sure to lock them out and pay for them in the end anyway?

Now yes, I've been a dick in what I've written above...but lets hear it...go. I want to here what you actually have to say.

Edited by TheNewBills

Coincidence... But my healthcare company called me today... Exact words: "They are 'concerned' about my one perscription." Humana wants me to get in a 90 day program where they can save me 5 dollars over the course of 90 days. Instead of 3 30 day perscriptions @ 10 each, they can get a 90 sent to me for 25. I said what? Why don't they lower my premium I pay every two weeks, which is now over 300 (600 a month)... Let alone the other 1400 bucks a month my employer kicks in! I said: "What are you Walmart?" I mine as well keep the guy in the pharmacy working since you aren't concerned about my other prescription that I have to pick up every 30 days.

BTW... The perscription they are concerned about is a generic... Made by Mylan. What gives, a buck 70 or so a month? Huh?

Pennywise, pound foolish. Again, bennys keep going down, copays up, premiums up... This has been happening for the last 15 years I told him. And they can't spring for the rest of a 10 dollar percription?

ama represents a minority of physicians in the us. american college of physicians, the worlds largest physician group supports today;s ruling. don't make the mistake of lumping us all together.

The AMA is still far larger than the ACP, although its numbers took a major hit after supporting Obamacare. So too will ACP's.

The AMA is still far larger than the ACP, although its numbers took a major hit after supporting Obamacare. So too will ACP's.

No solutions? Just "you don't have to buy health insurance and if you are sick you don't have to seek care" as you said in the other topic? And you expect to be taken seriously? Even the furthest of all anti-ACA don't say that. You discredit yourself. You don't understand your own industry and what it is doing to the country. And that isn't an attack on doctors in general. But I hate to break it to you, b/c you are in the industry doesn't mean you even have a clue what the problem is (apparently) or what the ACA is. The ACA is the law, so lets make it better. Or, if repeal is in order...lets hear what will take its place and how it is so different from the ACA that repeal must take place. C'mon Doc. You hate on it vehemently and claim it will destroy medicine. Why? And what would be better. America is listening. There is a debate. Feel free to join.

No solutions? Just "you don't have to buy health insurance and if you are sick you don't have to seek care" as you said in the other topic? And you expect to be taken seriously? Even the furthest of all anti-ACA don't say that. You discredit yourself. You don't understand your own industry and what it is doing to the country. And that isn't an attack on doctors in general. But I hate to break it to you, b/c you are in the industry doesn't mean you even have a clue what the problem is (apparently) or what the ACA is. The ACA is the law, so lets make it better. Or, if repeal is in order...lets hear what will take its place and how it is so different from the ACA that repeal must take place. C'mon Doc. You hate on it vehemently and claim it will destroy medicine. Why? And what would be better. America is listening. There is a debate. Feel free to join.

The magical farting unicorn is all we need! Or at least a real nice set of fuzzy dice.

I can just see these clowns at the car mechanic:

Mechanic( with 3 concurring opinions): "Sir you engine needs this, this, and that to keep it up and running."

Doc: "Ooooooh, are those fuzzy dice I see? How much?"

well, here's one acp member who will have less reservations paying his dues and renewing his membership when it comes due.

maybe i'll have to reconsider rejoining ama too

Edited by birdog1960

So lets here it. There's basically Sweeden (aka Romneycare/ACA/Obamacare) or Canada (single payer) if you ACTUALLY want to address the preexisting injury people not having access. Now I know what you will say...."I don't care about the uninsured only costs!" but as is the system isn't working even w/ out that. No costs dropping. Still uninsured. Still most expensive medical system w/ out anything to show of it. Romney says the preexisting injury crowd needs addressing, b/c he's not actually a heartless bastard. And any idiot knows there needs to be government reform. He clearly felt that way in Mass. The completely private system is not fixing itself. There is clearly a need for government. And guess what...Republicans who say they can fix it and help those w/ out access and it won't cost a dime are just lying! Shocking I know. Completely shocking. So what is the choice Romney? Romneycare or Single Payer? We know the answer. And if it's the private sector compromise then guess what...a true step forward is to make the ACA better and move forward. But that would *gasp* make his position the same as Obama. And he can't win an election on the backs of the crazy right talking like that.

So lets here the solution. Lets here the answer, that costs nothing and is so different from Obamacare that it should be repealed dead. Actually....lets here a few specific aspects of the bill that are going to destroy medicine. "Too many people now can afford it and there aren't enough doctors!" Oh...I guess we should be sure to lock them out and pay for them in the end anyway?

Now yes, I've been a dick in what I've written above...but lets hear it...go. I want to here what you actually have to say.

Tort reform, HSA's/high-deductible insurance plans, mandatory checkups, competing across state lines, revising COBRA to allow people to keep paying their premiums until they find a new job and being allowed to pay the same premium as the others at their new jobs, creation of a high-risk government exchange for the estimated 12.6M with pre-existing conditions, and maybe having medical companies (pharma, equipment, etc.) pay a percentage of their profits back.

LOL watching a daily show on DVR he's killing Fox news and CNN for their retarded reporting initially to be the first to report w/ out reading. To MSNBCs credit (shocking even to me seriously...) they never got it wrong and to FOx's credit (some credit is due) they corrected it VERY quickly...CNN went on for 7 minutes w/ out a clue morphing into full "not constitutional mode". LOL it is funny regardless of party that it happened and the bit. Fox bit the bullet but basically recovered instantly but CNN...my god CNN

Edited by TheNewBills

LOL watching a daily show on DVR he's killing Fox news and CNN for their retarded reporting initially to be the first to report w/ out reading. To MSNBCs credit (shocking even to me seriously...) they never got it wrong and to FOx's credit (some credit is due) they corrected it VERY quickly...CNN went on for 7 minutes w/ out a clue morphing into full "not constitutional mode". LOL it is funny regardless of party that it happened and the bit. Fox bit the bullet but basically recovered instantly but CNN...my god CNN

That is just amazing. I mean, I've seen Fox doing this for more than a decade ("breaking" a story, even if it's wrong, because if they're right they get to shout "First!" And if they're wrong..."What? We never said that."

But for CNN to !@#$ up THAT badly? And for seven full minutes? :lol:

drudge got it wrong, too. it's one thing to be biased and entirely another to get the facts wrong. he also had a link to a calculator for "what the aca means to you." i put my data in and got only good results and benefits with no negatives. he took that link down too. neither were available in "recent drudge headlines" on the site.

I watched it on Fox (then later some MSNBC) and all Fox did was read it as written and report it. The ruling started out saying it was not constitutional under the commerce clause. For anyone to criticize them in any way for the way they reported it is assinine.

Wow, just wow!

This is what I find ridiculous about America and Americans:

"Polls show that while the majority of Americans are opposed to "ObamaCare", AKA: "RomneyCare v.2.0," as a whole, and in particular, the individual mandate, they support many provisions of the bill, which include forcing insurance companies to insure those with pre-existing conditions and that individuals can stay on their parent's health-care coverage until the reach the age of 26."

WTF gives? Basically people want everything... YET, they don't want to pay for it! Ain't Americans great!

:wallbash: :wallbash:

Anyway... I like the 2.5% of gross adjusted income... Right now I am paying double out of pocket, around 5%.

Tables are turned... Now the conservatives want to freeload...

It most certainly DOES NOT end freeloading... But, at least we can keep track of the freeloaders (individuals and companies) via the IRS.

Will the publish the names publically the ones that pay the tax?:unsure:

This will go the way of the CCD... Everybody will love it... But come out and say they hate... Ain't America great! Give me the benny's, but don't send me the bill!