The Obama Event Registry

From the site;

Got a birthday, anniversary, or wedding coming up?

Let your friends know how important this election is to you—register with Obama 2012, and ask for a donation in lieu of a gift. It’s a great way to support the President on your big day. Plus, it’s a gift that we can all appreciate—and goes a lot further than a gravy bowl.

Why stop there ? ? ?

Take my Christmas Club.

I certainly don't need to spend any more money or vacation time with my family,

Not when Obama/Biden needs it..................................Its a gift we all can appreciate.

http://www.barackobama.com/news/entry/the-obama-event-registry

Encourage your wedding guests to donate to Obama instead of a wedding gift? Wow, just wow.

Meh,

if people want to donate, that's their business.

How about sending those donations to charity instead? Between the two "choices" we have in this day and age, they will have raised a few billion... that is plenty for a public service campaign.... neither of these parties are getting a dime of my money, if anyting I will donate Ron Paul since he at least is consistent and believes in something.

One of my coworkers is having a house party / cookout next week and invited everyone at work to attend. He put up a sign up sheet asking that if you come to bring some kind of a dish for everyone to enjoy.

I told some coworkers about the Obama Registry earlier today. One of them, a redneck Indiana girl, turns to the guy hosting the cookout (a White Hispanic) and says that instead of bringing some food to the cookout, she'd just donate to Obama instead.

He just had a Umm, No look on his face and we all had a good laugh :lol:

I don't want to say the Obama campaign is desperate for donations, but I just heard his next fundraising effort includes traveling through the country as a middle school bus monitor and letting kids berate him while Axelrod records it with his iPhone.

Cha-chinng! Winning!

Meh,

if people want to donate, that's their business.

Yeah...but soliciting people to ask for political donations in lieu of wedding gifts is...something. God, I can't even think of a word to describe it.

I don't want to say the Obama campaign is desperate for donations, but I just heard his next fundraising effort includes traveling through the country as a middle school bus monitor and letting kids berate him while Axelrod records it with his iPhone.

Cha-chinng! Winning!

Aside from Axelrod not being behind the camera, how is that much different than Obama addressing the House?

I feel bad for those people out there, who so want to donate, but because of the tough economy (Bush's fault) they just don't have the money.

If only the federal government could direct the "Julia's" who need guidance as to what to do.

Perhaps, they could sell their hair, or donate blood....................

Obama/Biden 2012

Read the comments on the web site. They are getting eviscerated by both sides of the aisle. What a bunch of amateurs running the chosen One's campaign!

Wouldn't buying all those wedding gifts stimulate the economy?

Yeah...but soliciting people to ask for political donations in lieu of wedding gifts is...something. God, I can't even think of a word to describe it.

Tacky?

Sharkjumping?

This really doesn't surprise me at all. Obama & crew have been running a perpetual Presidential campaign for the last 6 years of their lives. It has become the dominating force in their lives. And since everything is now about Obama, his campaign should be a major part of the lives of every loyal member of the outer party.

Really Tom ?..................just of the top of my head ,

crass, insensitive, coarse, asinine, boorish, obtuse, witless......................

The word that really comes to mind with this administration is......................................................typical

Tacky?

Sharkjumping?

Really Tom ?..................just of the top of my head ,

crass, insensitive, coarse, asinine, boorish, obtuse, witless......................

Yeah, I thought of those...they all really understate the matter.

Read the comments on the web site. They are getting eviscerated by both sides of the aisle. What a bunch of amateurs running the chosen One's campaign!

Wouldn't buying all those wedding gifts stimulate the economy?

Got a kick out of this comment: "My grandfather voted Republican until the day he died. Now he votes Democrat."

Honestly, you look at something like this site and think to yourself "How could they possibly be more embarrassingly stupid than this," and you can hear someone reply, "Well, they could have a comments section on the bottom."

Got a kick out of this comment: "My grandfather voted Republican until the day he died. Now he votes Democrat."

Honestly, you look at something like this site and think to yourself "How could they possibly be more embarrassingly stupid than this," and you can hear someone reply, "Well, they could have a comments section on the bottom."

"Let's come up with really bad ideas, and give people a means to tell us what they think." Have they even SEEN the internet?

I've checked three times to make sure it's not a joke...and I'm still not sure. Did someone hack a DNS server somewhere?

"Let's come up with really bad ideas, and give people a means to tell us what they think." Have they even SEEN the internet?

I've checked three times to make sure it's not a joke...and I'm still not sure. Did someone hack a DNS server somewhere?

After seeing it on another site that I really didn't know anything about I googled it and what I posted was a link that ABC News provided. I seriously thought it was a joke initially.

I think you'd have to invent a word. Like "douchebaggish."

And yet you still call MDP an idiot. As if that doesn't understate the matter

Yes, but that's using understatement as a rhetorical device to subtly emphasize the point.

As opposed to, say, last night's utter destruction of Cigna. :w00t:

http://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2012/06/24/a_generous_gift_has_been_made_in_your_name_to_obama_2012

Nothing new, just an amusing take

This tactlessness got me thinking – what other sorts of “asks” could the Obama 2012 team come up with?

“Do you have a terminal disease? That’s a tragedy, just as President Obama not winning a second term would be a tragedy. So as you get your affairs in order don’t forget to add the campaign to your last will and testament. Your family can have your furniture; we just want your cash. If you can survive long enough to sell the furniture, that’d be peachy. Cash is king, you know.

I wish I had known about this before I registered at the Human Fund.

LMAO!! That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read this. Costanza was a made up weasel that was pathetic and hysterical at the same time. The clowns running the Obama campaign this time around have lost their damn minds, the crap they are coming up with is sitcom material.