Jets Prepare for Week One Opener

I thought I’d share some interesting reports that I have recently read out of New Jersey.

Jets Experiment with New Form of Shotgun Position.

“Since it is expected that QB Mark Sanchez will be spending much of his time on his back in the season opener against the Bills, HC Rex Ryan has been experimenting with a new form of the shotgun where, instead of Sanchez standing several feet back from center, he actually lies prone on the ground and dumps the ball to the nearest green jersey. In response to the new scheme, Sanchez has been seen at the MetLife Stadium gift shop looking at Jets beach towels.”

New Jets Uniforms?

“In preparation for the week one opener versus the Bills, Jets management has been adjusting the uniform’s shade of green to better blend in with the exact color of the MetLife Stadium turf. “We feel that the better Mark (Sanchez) can blend in, the better chance he will have of surviving out there,” said General Manager Mike Tannenbaum. “I just hope to God Marcell Dareus isn’t colorblind.””

Tebow Working on his Passing Game.

As part of Tony Sparano’s “collapsing pocket offense,” for week one against the Bills, Tim Tebow has been seen practicing his throw while running backwards at full speed. When asked about Tebow’s progress, Sparano stated optimistically, “they look about the same as all his other throws.”

Edited by Rocky Landing

1340390653[/url]' post='2491152']

I thought I’d share some interesting reports that I have recently read out of New Jersey.

As part of Tony Sparano’s “collapsing pocket offense,” for week one against the Bills, Tim Tebow has been seen practicing his throw while running backwards at full speed. When asked about Tebow’s progress, Sparano stated optimistically, “they look about the same as all his other throws.”

this is awesome!

That was beautiful. :lol:

I don't know if that was serious or not. Okay, I doubt it. Had to have been "The Onion".

But I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Such a refreshing burst of sarcastic optimism on this board. What a hoot. I'm going to read it again.

I don't know if that was serious or not. Okay, I doubt it. Had to have been "The Onion".

But I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Such a refreshing burst of sarcastic optimism on this board. What a hoot. I'm going to read it again.

Not from The Onion, but I'll take that as a compliment. Like the rest of us, I'm just getting a little stir crazy and pining for the start of the season.