Poor *Wealthy* bus attendent in Greece, NY.

boyst

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marine Vet here, thank you for thinking of Wounded Warriors but it is still uplifting to see the support she has received. It is good to see people helping Karen and makes going to war easier knowing that the people we are defending are capable of this.

Wow... :thumbsup:

I am not gonna get into it with you... Yes, I do fault the parents when the child leaves their 4 walls to do stuff like this. BUT people like the ones posting here are not helping the situation.

I am not gonna attack you Chef, I know you are a good guy... But man, the crap people say. :wallbash:

Ok go with me here. Why do you blame the parents? I do too but I want to know why you blame them.

Did you ever think that little ****heads like these are little ****heads because no one stood up to their little shitheadedness? You feel that it's ok to stand up to my douchebaggery (and I agree that it is) but ohhhhh don't stand up against the little ****heads shitheadery because we might get in trouble with the little ****heads big shitheaded parents.

Of course! But it isnt nearly as simple or black and white as you are saying it is. First, it should start with the parents standing up to their children instead of always standing up for their children. Second, if it was a "civilian" (not a school employee) then yes, you could try to threaten or intimidate the kids, but if the bus monitor does this, they lose their job. And that would be best case scenario for the monitor. I'm sure plenty of us have been in similar situations, Ive had to threaten punks in movie theaters so they would shut up. But that woman was in NO position to stand up to those kids, and I'll address the many reasons why below...

And you haven't answered how you came to the conclusion that my mother wouldn't have done **** .

Im giving your mother the benefit of the doubt that she #1. Isnt as stupid as her son thinks she is, and at the very least #2. Would want to keep her job.

Here you have a group (4-5) teenage boys picking on an elderly woman. They are trying to get a reaction out of her. They want her to snap, because in their little twisted minds, that would be the funniest possible outcome. They even go so far as to physically poke and prod her. They are in no way scared of her, and she has no ability to intimidate them. So what would be the point of her doing anything at that time? She can not win there. If she reacts, the bullies get what they want, and then there is the possibility of her getting fired.

You are kind of correct that she is "weak", as much as an elderly woman is physically weak compared to a teenage male. But she showed amazing strength in keeping it together through the ordeal. Stop selling her short, because you sound no better than another bully.

Edit: Just so there is no misunderstanding here, it is not the Bus Monitor's job to keep the children in line, or discipline them. Bus monitors are there to protect the children in case a crazy adult tries to get on the bus, or kidnap one of them at a bus stop. This woman was there to protect those kids, and this is how they treat her in return. Despicable.

Edited by DrDareustein

Edit: Just so there is no misunderstanding here, it is not the Bus Monitor's job to keep the children in line, or discipline them. Bus monitors are there to protect the children in case a crazy adult tries to get on the bus, or kidnap one of them at a bus stop. This woman was there to protect those kids, and this is how they treat her in return. Despicable.

Good point, and therein lies one of the ironic aspects to this situation in light of Chef Jim's comments: I would bet the house that if faced with a situation where some outside threat was putting the kids at risk, it would be very clear that she's not "weak" at all. I've seen that sort of mentality quite a lot with her demographic and those who are older. When it comes to "protecting their young", so to speak, they'd throw down in a heartbeat to do exactly that. And probably those four "tough guys" would shart all over themselves, not having any idea what to do.

Chef... This one is for you... Answer to your question.

I blame the parents because limits were not taught or enforced. Especially when leaving those four walls of their home... Yet, it incideously starts there. There may have been a lot of love in the household, but it didn't carry into compassion on the street. The message to think independently from the group was/is not re-enforced. They weren't being taught to critically think with love and compassion. I bet they were raised in houses not too different than what the tools spouting off here about the monitor were raised in. John Adams even admitted that this crap went on when he was in school 30 years ago... Not calling him out personally, where is he now?

Hey AJ... Did you ever see the movie Secondhand Lions (Cain and Duvall)... The scene with Duvall and "The Greasers" was classic!

I blame the parents because limits were not taught or enforced. Especially when leaving those four walls of their home... Yet, it incideously starts there. There may have been a lot of love in the household, but it didn't carry into compassion on the street. The message to think independently from the group was/is not re-enforced. They weren't being taught to critically think with love and compassion. I bet they were raised in houses not too different than what the tools spouting off here about the monitor were raised in. John Adams even admitted that this crap went on when he was in school 30 years ago... Not calling him out personally, where is he now?

Hey AJ... Did you ever see the movie Secondhand Lions (Cain and Duvall)... The scene with Duvall and "The Greasers" was classic!

I blame Clinton. Because it takes a village.

Yep, I saw that one a few years ago...really enjoyed it, as I do most of Duvall's films...one of my favorite actors

Here's my point. Kids are out if control because they feel there will be no negative consequences to their actions. And in this case they are 100% correct. If their nimrod friend hadn't recorded the event and posted it they would have completely gotten away with it. Had this woman stood up for herself they may, or not, have learned a lesson. But because she didn't they would have learned nothing from their actions. I'm not saying she flips out on them. There are plenty of actions she could have taken

1. Tell the kids to stop or she was going to report them to their parents. She had plenty of witnesses that would have backed up her story.

2. Tell the kids to stop or she'd report them to principal once again with a bus full of witnesses.

3. Tell them to stop or she'd report them to the police and again with a bus full of witnesses.

4. Use her own phone (if she had one and even my 87 year old mother does) to report the incident to the school authorities and that they were heading back to the school with a bus full of witnesses.

None of these scenarios would cause any litigation challenges to the school district. But to sit there and do nothing made these little ***** feel stronger and more empowered. By doing nothing she enabled them. This is why I cant understand so many of you are saying she did the right thing.

Edited by Chef Jim

Here's my point. Kids are out if control because they feel there will be no negative consequences to their actions. And in this case they are 100% correct. If their nimrod friend hadn't recorded the event and posted it they would have completely gotten away with it. Had this woman stood up for herself they may, or not, have learned a lesson. But because she didn't they would have learned nothing from their actions. I'm not saying she flips out on them. There are plenty of actions she could have taken

1. Tell the kids to stop or she was going to report them to their parents. She had plenty of witnesses that would have backed up her story.

2. Tell the kids to stop or she'd report them to principal once again with a bus full of witnesses.

3. Tell them to stop or she'd report them to the police and again with a bus full of witnesses.

4. Use her own phone (if she had one and even my 87 year old mother does) to report the incident to the school authorities and that they were heading back to the school with a bus full of witnesses.

None of these scenarios would cause any litigation challenges to the school district. But to sit there and do nothing made these little ***** feel stronger and more empowered. By doing nothing she enabled them. This is why I cant understand so many of you are saying she did the right thing.

She reported it to the bus driver which was her chain of command. It was then up to him/her to do something about it and Karen needed to give time for that to happen. I don't know about your world, but at my job if I skip over my manager and complain to the director I'll be ripped a new one. So how did she not do the right thing? It's not like this had gone on for months, or even weeks where she would have had the chance to escalate it if the driver took no action.

She reported it to the bus driver which was her chain of command. It was then up to him/her to do something about it and Karen needed to give time for that to happen. I don't know about your world, but at my job if I skip over my manager and complain to the director I'll be ripped a new one. So how did she not do the right thing? It's not like this had gone on for months, or even weeks where she would have had the chance to escalate it if the driver took no action.

Who the hell is Karen?

She reported it to the bus driver? When? The bus driver/janitor/loser was her superior/manager? Hmmm, I doubt it. But if that were the case and she went over the bus driver/janitor/loser's head to report a case of abuse because the bus driver/janitor/loser didn't do anything about it (how much time does he/she need?) I highly doubt she'd be "ripped a new one."

Once again she's an enabler.

So if the parent's failed and desensitized the kids how did her inaction help. She's an enabler.

What she needed to do was bring a bar of soap with her and stick in the filthy mouths of those rotten kids! Then grabbed them by the hair and slapped them around for having no manners and acting like a bunch of low lifes! Then you could have called her the evil bus driver who is abusing the kids on the school bus. Not to mention she would have been fired & sued, along with the bus company, & the probably the school. Point is she didn't enable those kids she just couldn't do a whole lot about it. The parents enabled those kids by not taking an active role in their lives. Parents need to start monitoring what kids are watching on TV, what they are doing on the internet, and stop them from listening to this rap/hip hop crap that puts these ideas in the kids heads!

Edited by tomato can

Ok. So they called her fat and made her cry...that's a crappy thing to do to someone. But let's be honest, if I had a half mill for every time someone called me fat or ugly or four-eyed or whatever, I'd be able to purchase majority ownership of the Bills+Facebook. I lost ALL sympathy for Ms. Klein the second people began to toss money at her....here's why.

1.) She is a bus aide. The main thing a bus aide is supposed to accomplish is the maintaining of law and order on said bus. This includes punishing wrongdoers, and keeping miscreants in their seats, and in line. Clearly, one of two things happened on Ms. Klein's bus. Either she was so strict in her order-keeping that the kids had had enough of her over-the-top harsh lashings, verbal or otherwise, or she was amazingly inept at her job, and for an entire year let those kids run rampant on the bus and do whatever they could imagine to her and to each other. I'm prone to thinking it's the latter. If so, cut her loose, thereby getting rid of the possibility of this happening. If you're a bus aide that is supposed to keep the kids in line, and you fail to keep them in line, then you are failing at your job. As far as I know, if any one of us were failing at the single most important aspect of our job, we would either be warned, written up, or fired immediately. Not that Ms. Klein will ever have to work again if she has a single brain cell remaining, but still. And I'm not saying that either of the aforementioned situations must have been true, but it certainly seems likely that one of said situations was true.

2.) A HALF MILLION DOLLARS?! Is anyone aware of the staggering number of charities/non-profits that could use the money given to Ms. Klein in order to attempt to cure cancer, MS, muscular dystrophy, AIDS, HIV, lupus, or even the common cold? How about similar charities that aim to help children/adults/veterans/addicts/homeless/orphans/refugees in need? You have got to be kidding me. If I were Ms. Klein and I had an ounce of conscience, I would give that money to the charity of my choice. I would be disgusted at my own inability to handle the most transparent of insults spewed forth by a 13 year old. Give me a break.

Now, don't get me wrong....the way kids treat their elders these days is nothing short of appauling. But adults are adults and kids are kids for a reason, that is, because adults are emotionally mature enough to handle being called fat and ugly and sweaty and smelly and multi-chinned. Or at least they should be. I empathized with Ms. Klein until I heard that someone was shelling out that money, and now I'm disgusted that her martyrdom is being parlayed into a world tour of praise and queen-like treatment. Next, we will be asked to buy her book and go to book signings like we were with Susan Boyle. What ever happened to being tough and pulling oneself up by one's bootstraps. Sickening.