Percy Harvin requests a trade

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't want him. How many Bills players this year cried like a little girl because they didn't get what they wanted right away? For all the talk of how good this off season was and how little locker room drama the Bills had, why add a cancerous little growth like Harvin? It makes no sense to me.

The cost is more than the 3rd round pick you are proposing because you then have to sign him to the contract extension that he is holding out from Minnesota for.

Yup, and if you do you'll piss off your #1 WR who will be making less money than the new guy. Now you have a prima donna douchebag like Harvin (who will be pissed off about something else in six months) and Johnson unhappy with his new contract before he's played a single game under it.

No thanks.

I don't want him. How many Bills players this year cried like a little girl because they didn't get what they wanted right away? For all the talk of how good this off season was and how little locker room drama the Bills had, why add a cancerous little growth like Harvin? It makes no sense to me.

Why wouldn't he want to come to a place like Buffalo where players get rewarded for their production on the field? Harvin says that he's unhappy and all of the sudden he's a cancerous little growth? Sounds a little harsh to me.. was fred jackson a cancerous growth for wanting a new contract this year?

I think its foolish not to consider adding a player who would instantly upgrade one of the weakest positions on the team. I think people are getting a little too caught up in maintaining a "perfect" locker room. You can win championships with contract issues (see osi umenyiora last year).

Why wouldn't he want to come to a place like Buffalo where players get rewarded for their production on the field? Harvin says that he's unhappy and all of the sudden he's a cancerous little growth? Sounds a little harsh to me.. was fred jackson a cancerous growth for wanting a new contract this year?

I think its foolish not to consider adding a player who would instantly upgrade one of the weakest positions on the team. I think people are getting a little too caught up in maintaining a "perfect" locker room. You can win championships with contract issues (see osi umenyiora last year).

no, but his long history of serious troubles dating back to high school indicate he is a cancer.

So you would propose bringing in a player that you'll have to pay more than your current #1 WR, who has stated to the media in Minnesota that it's more than just his contract that has to change (i.e. just throw me the ball). Freddy Jackson didn't whine to the media at all. He waited patiently. Stevie Johnson didn't whine to the media. Harvin is so stupid that he won't even spell out what all of his issues are. "I don't get into specifics...just overall haven't been happy". There is no way in hell that I pay a guy #1 WR money (which he absolutely expects to get) when he's so immature that he can't even communicate his issues in a professional manner. As far as the Umenyiora situation last year, it's different. He didn't change teams or change the dynamic that already existed in NY. He simply re-signed with his same team. Harvin coming to Buffalo would be a huge mistake.

So you would propose bringing in a player that you'll have to pay more than your current #1 WR, who has stated to the media in Minnesota that it's more than just his contract that has to change (i.e. just throw me the ball). Freddy Jackson didn't whine to the media at all. He waited patiently. Stevie Johnson didn't whine to the media. Harvin is so stupid that he won't even spell out what all of his issues are. "I don't get into specifics...just overall haven't been happy". There is no way in hell that I pay a guy #1 WR money (which he absolutely expects to get) when he's so immature that he can't even communicate his issues in a professional manner. As far as the Umenyiora situation last year, it's different. He didn't change teams or change the dynamic that already existed in NY. He simply re-signed with his same team. Harvin coming to Buffalo would be a huge mistake.

you know, plus the fact he was banned from virginia high school athletics, had issues with drugs and discipline in college, and those issues have followed him into the nfl - you know, things like the swine flu scare, when he was hungover.

not to mention - who knows when the next migraine shows up

Edited by NoSaint

Why does everyone automatically assume this is over a contract? Did I miss something?

even if its not about wanting to re-work his deal, if you trade for him you must extend him

it could be a variety of other things as minny has been a mess since hes been there, and all accounts point to him being a tough personality with regards to being part of a team already

you know, plus the fact he was banned from virginia high school athletics, had issues with drugs and discipline in college, and those issues have followed him into the nfl - you know, things like the swine flu scare, when he was hungover.

Agree. Even if you ignore his present situation, you have to consider all of his drama in the past. He makes Marshawn Lynch and Travis Henry look like choir boys.

Umenyiora resigned at the beginning of this month. He was very vocal about his contract issues for the 2 years prior and it was definitely a distraction in the locker room.

I'm not sure why you're assuming we'd have to pay Harvin more than Stevie. If anything, he would get a lesser deal. He is not a #1 wide out and does not play on the outside. He's a slot guy looking to get off of his rookie contract where he is making peanuts.

Obviously Harvin tried the quiet approach and got no where with his negotiations. Fred and Stevie had the benefit of knowing that their contract's were going to be restructured in the off season. Harvin still has 2 more deals left on his. Publicly stating that you're unhappy with your contract is commonplace in the NFL. I'm not sure why you're being so harsh on Harvin. I didn't see anyone criticizing Welker when he publicly complained about his contract situation a month ago.

He was a cancer at UF, he is a cancer in Minnesota and plays when he wants. Not our type of guy. This is the same guy that choked out his WRs coach and walked off the field during conditioning becuase he felt he didn't need it. Very talented but it stops there.

This is the big things to me. How long can a smallish WR with migraine issues last in the NFL?

He was a cancer at UF...

No. He wasn't.

I want to say yes to getting him because he's a gator. It's kind of hard for me to accept someone coming from Florida being a prima dona but if he is than I'll root for him while he's on another team.

One team I can picture trading for him is the Jets. Tebow and Harvin had that connection in college and I can picture Ryan making a risky move like that.