Graham sighting

Wearing #11.

Seen a couple of nice receptions from him in the OTA roundup. Day 6, near the beginning (just after SJ) - medium length pass, cut early to get separation - and at the end - long sideline throw and back-shoulder catch.

What I also noticed was fast as Graham is, Aaron Williams (I think) was right with him, had him hugged right after the catch. It seems like it can't help but improve our O that the D has better players.

Better caliber competition to practice against, guys who WILL capitalize on any mistake instead of "hey, that throw worked in practice" (but got picked on Sunday.

I think or at least hope the Graham pick will actually turn out better than most of us expect. Which shouldn't be that hard because I doubt any of us are expecting a 1000 yard season (and we're fans). That can only be a good thing cuz I doubt the rest of the league is expecting much either...

What I'm starting to see is how our team is being put together and I'm really liking it...

So far so good injuries wise. Everybody seems to be healing up nice and no one is tearing their Achilles during a morning stretch...

who threw the back shoulder pass? not Fitz again?

Thanks for report Hopeful. Surprised Williams can keep pace with Graham

That was the worst throw. Not quite a duck since it had decent velocity on it, but man, it was wobbling so much it looked like an end-over-end punt!

Still, nice to see Graham brining in a well defended pass. Between the bb.com videos and the local news coverage, it seems like Graham has had more drops than catches.

OTOH, in general, Fitz's passes have looked pretty crisp in the limited videos we've seen thus far.

who threw the back shoulder pass? not Fitz again?

Well, yeah, and I have to say it wasn't the prettiest little spiral but it went downfield and arrived at the same place as Graham's hands at the same time so it's all good.

In general, his spirals didn't look as tight as at the start of OTAs but they seem to be getting to the right place in traffic at least in those clips.

Placement >> pretty

Well, yeah, and I have to say it wasn't the prettiest little spiral but it went downfield and arrived at the same place as Graham's hands at the same time so it's all good.

In general, his spirals didn't look as tight as at the start of OTAs but they seem to be getting to the right place in traffic at least in those clips.

Placement >> pretty

Well i hope he can learn to lead Tj on outs and go patterns. So Graham can ignite the afterburners! The kid does have some wheels.

Rookie WRs usually take time to develop. I think they just need a guy to keep defenses honest. Hopefully, the coaching staff can get the kid up to speed quickly because we need either one of these guys to step up this year Easley, Graham, or Clowney.

Rookie WRs usually take time to develop. I think they just need a guy to keep defenses honest. Hopefully, the coaching staff can get the kid up to speed quickly because we need either one of these guys to step up this year Easley, Graham, or Clowney.

You are right about rookies development at WR position. It's important to help them gain confidence that they will become good players especially practicing against a very good secondary that may not give up much. Clowney i think can already run and is confident enough to play, he just needs to master the play book.

You very right about keeping defenses honest. We couln't last half of season once we were figured out.

lets hope Chan and Modkins call plays that do just that to get stevie and comapany some breathing room

Edited by 3rdand12

Back shoulder to a speedster like Graham is deadly.

The DB has to respect the speed, stay back, and not let Graham get behind him. There's simply not enough time to recover and get to the space on a pass that's intentionally thrown behind Graham.

The best part about it: you can see it 1000 times on tape, and know it's coming, but there's little you can do about it, because you still have to respect the speed. That's how we neutralize Cromartie, for example, assuming Revis is on Stevie.

The key is that Graham has to do his job, and be convincing that he is really on a "go" route, every time. It's like a pitcher who tips off his curve ball. If the throwing motion isn't identical to a fastball, you are in trouble.

Part of that is Graham not having to worry about where the ball will be. If he has to cheat, and turns around early, because the ball is never in the same spot and he always has to adjust, then this can go from deadly to stupid very quick.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Back shoulder to a speedster like Graham is deadly.

The DB has to respect the speed, stay back, and not let Graham get behind him. There's simply not enough time to recover and get to the space on a pass that's intentionally thrown behind Graham.

The best part about it: you can see it 1000 times on tape, and know it's coming, but there's little you can do about it, because you still have to respect the speed. That's how we neutralize Cromartie, for example, assuming Revis is on Stevie.

The key is that Graham has to do his job, and be convincing that he is really on a "go" route, every time. It's like a pitcher who tips off his curve ball. If the throwing motion isn't identical to a fastball, you are in trouble.

Part of that is Graham not having to worry about where the ball will be. If he has to cheat, and turns around early, because the ball is never in the same spot and he always has to adjust, then this can go from deadly to stupid very quick.

I did not see the play and made an assumption knowing Fitzy history.

But you make very good and important points including details to help me understand why and wherefores. Thanks brother! :worthy:

Are we thinking Fixted is able? are we also thinking Mr. Graham can dial this into his skillset? I hope so because it sounds fantastic

• 2 weeks later...

Are we talking about TJ Graham? Did he sign yet?

NO RALPH IS CHEAP ... THE BILLS NEVER SIGN THEIR THIRD ROUND PICKS BEFORE OTHER TEAMS ... HE'LL PROBABLY SIT OUT and go back into next year's draft ... I AM SO DONE WITH THIS TEAM ... Why didn't we draft Russell Wilson instead?