President Obama Decries National Security Leaks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food stamps up 100 % since obama became CIC.

http://dailycaller.c...ma-took-office/

Nothing to see here " We're doing just fine"

Whats Really To Blame For The Lousy Recovery.

Whenever the subject of the weak economic recovery under President Obama comes up, his defenders tend to respond along the lines of: "What do you expect, since the recession was the worst since the Great Depression?"

Obama himself has used this excuse. "From the moment we first took action to prevent another Great Depression, we knew the road to recovery would not be easy; we knew it would take time," he said last week.

But the history of economic cycles suggests that the exact opposite should have happened.

"Typically following a recession, the economy rebounds strongly," Richmond Federal Reserve President Jeffrey Lacker noted in the bank's quarterly journal.

What's more, deeper recessions tend to produce strong recoveries.

{snip}

"You can't find a single deep recession that has been followed by a moderate recovery," Dean Maki, chief U.S. economist at Barclays Capital, said back in August 2009.

Despite the fact that the 2007-2009 recession was very deep, the current recovery has been uniquely anemic.

In fact, growth rates for the current expansion have been well below the average set by the previous 10 recoveries.

So why, then, has this recovery been so unusually weak?

Lousy leadership.

Investors Business Daily

Edited by B-Man

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Thus the subtitle to the thread. Hope I'm wrong, but the answer to the question seemed quite insincere.

"I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here."

Yes, because all recessions are created equal. :rolleyes:

No, they are not.

But, of course, all that is covered in the article that you so glibly replied to.

Perhaps if you had read it with an open mind...............or at all.....

No, they are not.

But, of course, all that is covered in the article that you so glibly replied to.

Perhaps if you had read it with an open mind...............or at all.....

I didn't click the link. Thought you posted it all. I like IBD, used to have a subscription.

This recession is pretty unique however and there were a lot of factors that brought on the crisis. Housing, credit, skyhrocketing unemployment, etc.

A lot of jobs that were lost are never coming back. The article points out that robust growth was predicted after 2009. This wasn't just by the administration either. I'm sure those on the right will chalk it up solely to Obama's policies which is just outrageous but go ahead. Obviously, we are in a very unique situation where employment may be a problem for years to come.

Obama Claims No White House Leaks, But . . .

President Obama is claiming that it is “offensive” and “wrong” to suggest that White House officials had anything to do with leaks about the secret “kill list” and cyberattacks against Iran this past week. “The writers of these articles have all stated unequivocally that they didn’t come from this White House,” he says.

But if you look back at the New York Times scoop on the cyber program, it cites “members of the president’s national security team” who attended a meeting in the White House Situation Room:

At a tense meeting in the White House Situation Room within days of the worm’s “escape,” Mr. Obama, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and the director of the Central Intelligence Agency at the time, Leon E. Panetta, considered whether America’s most ambitious attempt to slow the progress of Iran’s nuclear efforts had been fatally compromised.

“Should we shut this thing down?” Mr. Obama asked, according to members of the president’s national security team who were in the room.

Of course, we don’t know who exactly was in the room, but this a high-level national security meeting. The culprit may not be a “White House official,” but the leaks came out of a White House meeting — directly from the president’s top national-security advisers. This is not some guy in the bowels of the State Department passing e-mails to Julian Assange; it is one degree removed from the president.

The Corner

I didn't click the link. Thought you posted it all. I like IBD, used to have a subscription.

This recession is pretty unique however and there were a lot of factors that brought on the crisis. Housing, credit, skyhrocketing unemployment, etc.

A lot of jobs that were lost are never coming back. The article points out that robust growth was predicted after 2009. This wasn't just by the administration either. I'm sure those on the right will chalk it up solely to Obama's policies which is just outrageous but go ahead. Obviously, we are in a very unique situation where employment may be a problem for years to come.

Yes, skyrocketing unemployment is unheard of in a recession. :wacko:

‘Uhhh,’ the president’s ‘uhhh’ press conference was ‘uhhh’ terrible

If you are president of the United States and you don’t have anything to say, don’t have a press conference to say it. If you’re the president of the United States and by Thursday it’s widely believed you’ve had one of the worst weeks of your presidency, take Friday off, and specifically avoid having a press conference.

Anytime you are president and you’re speaking in public at an ill-timed press conference after a bad week, try to have something to say, and do a good job in saying it. I watched the whole thing, but it’s not easy to think of one useful thing that he had to say. And what he said, he said very poorly. Was it just me, or did the president seem a little dazed and confused? He should have had a cup of coffee before the press conference.

And one more thing that’s a pet peeve. The president says “uhhh” too much. When I was a cable television news extra during the ‘90s and early 2000s, you learn early to purge your presentation of “uhhh.” Saying “uhhh” suggests uncertainty and is distracting. (And in my case, when it was accompanied by a Southern accent, it was even worse.) I don’t know what the president had in mind, but his own meandering, stuttering performance could not have done him any good with any audience. What was he, uhhh, thinking?

Perhaps the president and others are huddled in an after-action review meeting in the Oval Office right now. It appears no one at The White House wants to give the president bad news or an honest critique of his performance. Somebody should print this post and slide it under the Oval Office door immediately.

Wicked.

Yes, skyrocketing unemployment is unheard of in a recession. :wacko:

But we're not in a recession. The Green Shoots® led to the Summer of Recovery® which led to Summer of Recovery 2.0®.

Shouldn't Obama be doing a victory lap right about now?

This is what happens when you have no command of a situation or dialogue, and especially when you rely on the scripted word to get you through.

When I checked out my scripts with my manager many years ago I noticed he was writing down tick marks. I couldn't figure it out. Then it dawned on me. "Oh !@#$, he's counting my ums." :lol:

And now I through them in on purpose every so often so I don't sound scripted and robotic even though it's a hug no no. Many of my staff have jointed Toastmasters and it's helped them immensely.

Edited by Chef Jim

President Barack Obama: "The private sector is doing fine"

President Merkin Muffley : "yes... Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri... Clear and plain and coming through fine... I'm coming through fine, too, eh?... Good, then... well, then, as you say, we're both coming through fine... Good... Well, it's good that you're fine and... and I'm fine... I agree with you, it's great to be fine... a-ha-ha-ha-ha".

One has to ask: Why is the Obama Administration choosing to continue revealing operational information that is normally not released? This includes the specific units that conducted the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, information from the bin Laden compound, classified information on the bin Laden raid, details of drone operations, and now secrets about cyberwarfare. There is NO good operational reason for doing this. The only “logical” reason is a tight race for presidency. Does this mean that the closer that we get to the election, the more operational secrets will be given away?

Ego. These are a bunch of people that need to feel special and let the world know it.