Bills Still Looking to Bring in Players??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:wallbash:

Son, if your idea of 'the outside world' includes any opinions from Bleacher Report - or from young, 19-year-old, aspiring-to-be-something-but-don't-quite-know-what-yet Robby Quinn - you need to stop embarrassing yourself by posting such nonsense on TSW.

Link - Meet your learned author, Robby Quinn

Well, what makes you think that more years on the "job" makes someone more qualified to basically guess and gossip about all things football? Do you honestly think that Mark Gaughan or Jerry Sullivan are more qualified because they work at a newspaper and get to vote for the Pro Bowl? Whatever happened to 'you have to start somewhere'?

Methinks there is a just a hint of jealousy here, as this kid has some pretty impressive credentials for being all of 19 years old. I can only wonder what you were doing at 19 years old. Picking yourself out of keg, perhaps? Trying to remember which side is your left?

He's barely out of high school, and he's in college, got an internship at a relatively relevant online sport resource, and per his spot worked for the Buffalo Bills on their scouting reporting.

If he keeps going, the sky is the limit.

:thumbsup:

Isn't there a TSW rule about never starting a thread that cites the Bleacher Report?

:thumbsup:

I love that young people are interested in writing and reporting but the internet has led to the fraud of people being credited with being more than they really are.

The Bleacher Report is like reading a series of postings here on our worst days.

As soon as I saw the source I knew not to take any credence in it other than as a point of discussion. His lack of experience, sources, and knowledge showed through in his commentary that the Bills should bring in all five even though no other team has thought to bring in one of them.

I wish the kid well but I like the rule suggestion because some people might get fooled into thinking that these reports were anything more than youthful dreaming.

Really I don't get why the OP even linked BR instead of just saying "hey what about these guys?"

I'm sure adding a guy like plaxico or shiancoe would really hamstring our salary cap. I'm not wanting them either but come on...

Here is my beef

If these guys were soooo awesome dont you think someone would have picked them up?

And our cap space is not never ending....yes the bills unpuckered their a hole this offseason and spent a lot of money....but did you notice WHO they spent that money on? Only players that were actually worth it....

- They resigned their own players that have produced

- They signed Anderson and his double digit sacks

- And Mario Williams....who is of course one of the blue chip DE players of the league

They are NOT bringing in 2nd tier guys this year....have you noticed that? They are actually trying to improve the team....

Draft well

Resign your own good players

Spend money on the free agents that someone else might want

Well, what makes you think that more years on the "job" makes someone more qualified to basically guess and gossip about all things football? Do you honestly think that Mark Gaughan or Jerry Sullivan are more qualified because they work at a newspaper and get to vote for the Pro Bowl? Whatever happened to 'you have to start somewhere'?

Methinks there is a just a hint of jealousy here, as this kid has some pretty impressive credentials for being all of 19 years old. I can only wonder what you were doing at 19 years old. Picking yourself out of keg, perhaps? Trying to remember which side is your left?

He's barely out of high school, and he's in college, got an internship at a relatively relevant online sport resource, and per his spot worked for the Buffalo Bills on their scouting reporting.

If he keeps going, the sky is the limit.

Merely being enrolled in college at the age of 19 strikes you as 'impressive credentials'??? :lol: Really??? :w00t: JMO, but it seems like you set the bar pretty low.

I certainly don't mean to besmirch young Robby or his ambitions - I sure he's a solid young man with lofty aspirations and an impeccable work ethic. I just wouldn't cite his youthful writings (nor anything else from the garbage pit known as B/R) here on TSW as the writings of an experienced, knowledgeable, seasoned sports journalist.

(Maybe I'd have gone a bit lighter had the OP referred to the author as 'Young, 19-year-old, Wannabe-Sports-Columnist Robby Quinn' - rather than "Mighty Quinn" from Bleacher Report :rolleyes:)

You, OTOH, I'll be happy to besmirch - since you've displayed your ignorance by deciding to lob a grenade in my direction without any provocation, nor knowledge of my circumstances.

At 19, I was a freshman at Cornell with a 20+ credit-hour load - studying astro with Carl Sagan, psych with James Maas, history with Walter LaFeber, and music with Don Randall, Malcolm Bilson, Steve Stucky, Donald Grout, Karel Husa, etc., etc. As a music history and performance major, I also had to have a reading knowledge of French, German, and Italian. As if that wasn't enough, I was also stupid enough to enroll in a 6 credit-hour Intensive Elementary Russian course. (I thought maybe one day I might work in Reagan's White House, or for the State Department or CIA.)

All that time in the stacks and study carrels of Uris Library, along with untold hours in the basement practice rooms of Lincoln Hall, left little time for keg parties.

Don't get me wrong - I certainly don't begrudge you your kegs of Genny Cream Ale, but I just didn't have the time - you see, I pretty much had to pay my own way thru scholarships, work-study, and part-time jobs. (My dad - a Polish immigrant - contributed what he could, but his steelworker wages hardly covered the expenses of the school I chose to attend.)

But do take heart - at least you were right about one thing. (A lifetime first for you, perhaps?) As an accomplished musician who plays multiple instruments, I have become fairly ambidextrous...thus I do sometimes confuse my right and my left sides!!!

Oh...and despite my disdain for Sullivan, only someone with a mental deficiency would pose the question whether Gaughan and Sullivan are more qualified than Robbie. :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

Merely being enrolled in college at the age of 19 strike you as 'impressive credentials'??? :lol: Really??? :w00t: JMO, but it seems like you set the bar pretty low.

I certainly don't mean to besmirch young Robby or his ambitions - I sure he's a solid young man with lofty aspirations and impeccable work ethic. I just wouldn't cite his youthful writings (nor anything else from the garbage pit known as B/R) here on TSW as the writings of an experienced, knowledgeable, seasoned sports journalist.

(Maybe I'd have gone a bit lighter had the OP referred to the author as 'Young, 19-year-old, Wannabe-Sports-Columnist Robby Quinn' - rather than "Mighty Quinn" from Bleacher Report :rolleyes:)

You, OTOH, I'll be happy to besmirch - since you've displayed your ignorance by deciding to lob a grenade in my direction without any provocation, nor knowledge of my circumstances.

At 19, I was a freshman at Cornell with a 20 credit-hour load - studying astro with Carl Sagan, psych with James Maas, history with Walter LaFeber, and music with Don Randall, Malcolm Bilson, Steve Stucky, Donald Grout, Karel Husa, etc., etc. As a music history and performance major, I also had to have a reading knowledge of French, German, and Italian. As if that wasn't enough, I was also stupid enough to enroll in a 6 credit-hour Intensive Elementary Russian course. (I thought maybe one day I might work in Reagan's White House, or for the State Department or CIA.)

All that time in the stacks and study carols of Uris Library, along with untold hours in the basement practice rooms of Lincoln Hall, left little time for keg parties.

Don't get me wrong - I certainly don't begrudge you your kegs of Gennie Cream Ale, but I just didn't have the time - you see, I pretty much had to pay my own way thru scholarships, work-study, and part-time jobs. (My dad - a Polish immigrant - contributed what he could, but his steelworker wages hardly covered the expenses of the school I chose to attend.

But take heart - at least you were right about one thing. (A lifetime first for you, perhaps?) As an accomplished musician who plays multiple instruments, I have become fairly ambidextrous...thus I do sometimes confuse my right and my left sides!!!

Oh...and despite my disdain for Sullivan, only someone with a mental deficiency would pose the question whether Gaughan and Sullivan are more qualified than Robbie. :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

:beer: Got me buddy

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Very amusing, yes - apparently anyone with 'net access can be a 'journalist' these days!

But no need to google - i wouldn't waste the time for a B/R piece - you just click on the author's name in the original B/R article

(I have a feeling if more folks did that before citing B/R articles, we'd see a whole lot less of them cited here on TSW)

BTW,I think you missed your bi-monthly Walter Cherepinsky message last week.

You ought to consolidate it with your Bleacher Report message just to keep things more simply organized.

:)

another stupid blog from a writer who thinks its smart to try and build a team with more FA's

You forgot "washed up."

What are other rules?

They're kind of like the "unwritten rules of baseball." There's a bunch of them.

One of them is that you don't post about an article without linking to it.

Another is that you take everything Crayonz posts at face value…

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

"Adding guys like the one mentioned above will put Buffalo squarely in New England's league."

You forgot to mention the fact that they have all-world QB Tom Brady..

But yeah, It wouldn't hurt to bring in another wideout or TE into the mix.

The Giants, in spite of two close wins in SBs, have showed how to beat Tom Brady and the Pats. Heck, even we saw a glimpse from our own team as to how to make Brady lose..You apply pressure and get him to make mistakes. If our front four truly can dominate the LOS, we will have a helluva team this season.

Merely being enrolled in college at the age of 19 strike you as 'impressive credentials'??? :lol: Really??? :w00t: JMO, but it seems like you set the bar pretty low.

I certainly don't mean to besmirch young Robby or his ambitions - I sure he's a solid young man with lofty aspirations and impeccable work ethic. I just wouldn't cite his youthful writings (nor anything else from the garbage pit known as B/R) here on TSW as the writings of an experienced, knowledgeable, seasoned sports journalist.

At 19, I was a freshman at Cornell with a 20 credit-hour load - studying astro with Carl Sagan, psych with James Maas, history with Walter LaFeber, and music with Don Randall, Malcolm Bilson, Steve Stucky, Donald Grout, Karel Husa, etc., etc. As a music history and performance major, I also had to have a reading knowledge of French, German, and Italian. As if that wasn't enough, I was also stupid enough to enroll in a 6 credit-hour Intensive Elementary Russian course. (I thought maybe one day I might work in Reagan's White House, or for the State Department or CIA.)

All that time in the stacks and study carols of Uris Library, along with untold hours in the basement practice rooms of Lincoln Hall, left little time for keg parties.

Don't get me wrong - I certainly don't begrudge you your kegs of Gennie Cream Ale, but I just didn't have the time - you see, I pretty much had to pay my own way thru scholarships, work-study, and part-time jobs. (My dad - a Polish immigrant - contributed what he could, but his steelworker wages hardly covered the expenses of the school I chose to attend.

But take heart - at least you were right about one thing. (A lifetime first for you, perhaps?) As an accomplished musician who plays multiple instruments, I have become fairly ambidextrous...thus I do sometimes confuse my right and my left sides!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Would it be possible to give a shout out too James Walker who couldn't blog his way out of a paper bag? it has to be a part time gig for him. He is horrible.

BTW,I think you missed your bi-monthly Walter Cherepinsky message last week.

You ought to consolidate it with your Bleacher Report message just to keep things more simply organized.

:)

Cherepinsky...what a total waste of oxygen and human skin. I had forgotten that he ever existed.

A non-entity if ever there was one, I had that a-hole completely erased from my mind until you mentioned his name.

Thanks a lot, EssJay :angry:

I certainly don't mean to besmirch young Robby or his ambitions - I sure he's a solid young man with lofty aspirations and an impeccable work ethic. I just wouldn't cite his youthful writings (nor anything else from the garbage pit known as B/R) here on TSW as the writings of an experienced, knowledgeable, seasoned sports journalist.

At 19, I was a freshman at Cornell with a 20+ credit-hour load - studying astro with Carl Sagan, psych with James Maas, history with Walter LaFeber, and music with Don Randall, Malcolm Bilson, Steve Stucky, Donald Grout, Karel Husa, etc., etc. As a music history and performance major, I also had to have a reading knowledge of French, German, and Italian. As if that wasn't enough, I was also stupid enough to enroll in a 6 credit-hour Intensive Elementary Russian course. (I thought maybe one day I might work in Reagan's White House, or for the State Department or CIA.)

All that time in the stacks and study carrels of Uris Library, along with untold hours in the basement practice rooms of Lincoln Hall, left little time for keg parties.

Don't get me wrong - I certainly don't begrudge you your kegs of Genny Cream Ale, but I just didn't have the time - you see, I pretty much had to pay my own way thru scholarships, work-study, and part-time jobs. (My dad - a Polish immigrant - contributed what he could, but his steelworker wages hardly covered the expenses of the school I chose to attend.)

But do take heart - at least you were right about one thing. (A lifetime first for you, perhaps?) As an accomplished musician who plays multiple instruments, I have become fairly ambidextrous...thus I do sometimes confuse my right and my left sides!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

You had to question THE Senator, Bruce? And +1 for ambidextrous humans!