Buffalo's biggest rival...

tito1

who do you think?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. who is the bills biggest rival?

• New England
    • Miami
    • NYJ

Does anyone here really think that when the Bills show up in Miami, their fans get particularly wound up? I don't. I think Jets and Pats fans get into it more, even if it's just to gloat.

The Miami thing is over...

To qualify as a rivalry, the teams merely have to play against each other regularly. All the teams in the division qualify as rivals, even if they have kicked the Bills around for a long time.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the Pats*, Buffalo is the game where you can get cheap tickets.

To the Dolphins, Buffalo is the 2 winnable games on the schedule

To the Jets, Buffalo is the guaranteed 2 wins, and also the team that guarantees NE 2 wins, too. So at least the Bills get under the Jets' skin at least a little bit.

Buffalo doesnt have a rivalry. Teams that suck don't get to have rivalries. Hopefully this changes soon.

Edited by bobblehead

To the Pats*, Buffalo is the game where you can get cheap tickets.

To the Dolphins, Buffalo is the 2 winnable games on the schedule

To the Jets, Buffalo is the guaranteed 2 wins, and also the team that guarantees NE 2 wins, too. So at least the Bills get under the Jets' skin at least a little bit.

Buffalo doesnt have a rivalry. Teams that suck don't get to have rivalries. Hopefully this changes soon.

Bills/Browns is a suck team rivalry. How can anyone forget the 6-3 mauling they gave us. Hard to pick a worse game this century in terms of suckitude.

I think you start with a definition of rivalry. A rival is someone or thing that stands in your way, that you must overcome, and that has an extra, personal, element. Most seasons in the past ten years it would be the Patriots. Years past, in the old glory days of the Bills, the Dolphins, with Marino, were a threat to beat us to the top of the division. Now, though, it is the Patriots who own that seat, and it is through them we must go. All that that team signifies - it's dominance of us, it's dominance over the league in general - for us to become what we want, which is a powerhouse, superbowl contender, we must have our division, and to get there we must get through New England.

And, besides all that, the Patriots have made the Bills look like a college team for the better part of a decade. They have gone out of their way to lift their noses at the Bills, and to act as if getting beaten by the Bills is humiliating. We need to get to the point where we can smack that team, take their best hit back, and continue to pummel them to submition.

The Patriots are our Rival.

I grew up around the team in the late 70's and 80's. The Dolphins were always a rival. Not just because they won pretty much every game, but also because they were from Miami.

I mean Miami in the early to mid 80's had a lot going for it. this was the begining of the Buffalo down turn. I think this aso played into the rivaly,

Ask yourself this, which game do you get most excited about watching now? There is your rival. For me today it is NE.