Going to Philly this weekend

Doc

skip the cheesesteak and go to reading terminal market(3 blocks from independence hall) and get a roast pork with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe...better than any cheesesteak in town...but if you insist on a cheesesteak, my favorite is tony lukes...let me know if you are looking for a good beer place, i can help you out there too

walking directions from independence hall to reading terminal market

Driving directions to Tony Lukes

Driving directions to Pat's & Geno's- these 2 are the 'touristy' destinations, but worth experiencing, plus it puts you right at the edge of the Italian Market which is a fun outdoor stretch of markets...

I want to get a Philly cheesesteak while I'm there. What's the best place near Independence Hall? Thanks in advance.

Edited by The Poojer

skip the cheesesteak and go to reading terminal market(3 blocks from independence hall) and get a roast pork with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe...better than any cheesesteak in town...but if you insist on a cheesesteak, my favorite is tony lukes...let me know if you are looking for a good beer place, i can help you out there too

Is Tony Lukes close to IH? We don't have a lot of time to spend (and I'm driving). We were thinking of going to Sonny's because it was close.

Edited by Doc

Driving directions to Pat's & Geno's- these 2 are the 'touristy' destinations, but worth experiencing, plus it puts you right at the edge of the Italian Market which is a fun outdoor stretch of markets...

Listen to this man. He is steering you right. I'd add that an apple dumpling from the Dutch Eating Place at Reading Terminal Market is another must get. There's also a rib sandwich in Reading Terminal Market that is pretty damn good.

I forgot to say the place for the roast pork is Dinics...reading terminal market may be one of the greatest food spots on earth

Listen to this man. He is steering you right. I'd add that an apple dumpling from the Dutch Eating Place at Reading Terminal Market is another must get. There's also a rib sandwich in Reading Terminal Market that is pretty damn good.

Since no one will answer your request, except by giving you great answers to questions you didn't ask (they aren't wrong: Reading Terminal kicks ass), go to Jim's Steaks, 400 South Street, Philadelphia...It's about 4-5 blocks from Independence Hall in a kind of cool Philly area. MAny people argue it's got the best steaks in Philly--I tend to agree though I love Pat's as well.

WTF??? I absolutely did answer his question...i gave him directions to 2 places known for cheesesteak both within 4 miles of independence hall. I also offered my opinion that i feel dinics is better than any cheesesteak.

Since no one will answer your request, except by giving you great answers to questions you didn't ask (they aren't wrong: Reading Terminal kicks ass), go to Jim's Steaks, 400 South Street, Philadelphia...It's about 4-5 blocks from Independence Hall in a kind of cool Philly area. MAny people argue it's got the best steaks in Philly--I tend to agree though I love Pat's as well.

Thanks for the responses, gents. I am no longer considering Sonny's and have it narrowed down to either Tony Luke's or Jim's Steaks. I'll let you know which one I picked.

1337911080[/url]' post='2474355']

WTF??? I absolutely did answer his question...i gave him directions to 2 places known for cheesesteak both within 4 miles of independence hall. I also offered my opinion that i feel dinics is better than any cheesesteak.

4 miles in center city is near???

Tony Luke's does a lot of things right (chicken cutlet is awesome), but not cheesesteaks. And they have zero "atmosphere."

I like Jim's the best, but I understand if others do not like them. Following what others have said, if you want a steak, go for Jims. If you want a great sammich, go to the Reading Terminal. Those are within walking distance.

L

Pats & Geno's are by rep only. Mediocre at best, with substandard beef. ?

L

Pats & Geno's are by rep only. Mediocre at best, with substandard beef. ?

blasphemy!!!!!