Scott Walker Article

I'm not an expert on Wisconsin but the whole thing seems like a waste of time. I'm not a fan of Walker really, but he was the guy elected for the job.

That's my take on the whole thing. The guy was elected to serve a 4 year term. He didn't do anything criminal, he simply took a bold approach to balance the budget. Don't like it, vote him out after his first term.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is going to be as big of a margin as it should be. The big labor unions have had boots on the ground for months, they are going to put up a good fight. You gotta admit fjl2nd this recall nonsense really isn't justified.

Really? did the parachute in and shoot up a school like in Red Dawn?

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

24,452 posts later your still a jackass on this web site.

Yes, but tomorrow I can stop being a jackass and you'll still have your head up your ass.

It's the same recommendation for you, Scoob, that I seem to make whenever we get into a discussion: Think for yourself. Give it a try. It won't hurt.

Little Man Tate's temper tantrum was hysterical! As someone who reads the Journal Sentinel I can tell you it is a far cry from being a right-wing newspaper. Most of the time during this recall process anything Walker related that could be viewed poorly was plastered on the front page, didn't hear Tate crying then. I was shocked that they did end up endorsing Walker, but after the jobs lost numbers were cleared up and it showed Wisconsin gaining 33,000 jobs under Walker the Journal had to come out and say a recall is unwarranted. Well no fricking kiddding!

Yes, this! I'm shocked - the JS usually leans very left, plastering anti-republican articles on the front page and not commenting (or only very briefly) on anti-democrat topics. For them to support Walker... :unsure::blink:

How much does support like this really mean though? I know I never pay attention to so-and-so supporting candidate X and so-and-so supporting candidate Y. Does it really sway anyone?

Another nice report on Wisconsin's Act 10.

MADISON — While a lightning rod for controversy and recall, Wisconsin's Act 10 has paid significant dividends to taxpayers, according to a new analysis by the Beacon Hill Institute for Public Policy Research, at Suffolk University in Boston.

Act 10, which curbed collective bargaining for most unionized public employees, in the whole has saved taxpayers more than $1 billion, according to The Economic Impacts of the Wisconsin Budget Repair Act. The study is slated for release this week by Beacon Hill Institute, a prominent free market think tank.

What the analysis found is that without the law, which in part requires covered public employees to contribute more to their benefits and holds wage increases to the rate of inflation, Badger State governments would have been forced to raise taxes or make deep job cuts to meet budget expenses.

Yes, this! I'm shocked - the JS usually leans very left, plastering anti-republican articles on the front page and not commenting (or only very briefly) on anti-democrat topics. For them to support Walker... :unsure::blink:

How much does support like this really mean though? I know I never pay attention to so-and-so supporting candidate X and so-and-so supporting candidate Y. Does it really sway anyone?

I agree that an endorsement from a newspaper has little impact especially in this race where 95% of voters are already decided. But Mike Tate's meltdown over this endorsement makes me believe that it is a little bit bigger deal than you or I think it is.

I was flipping channels during the hockey game last night and stopped on The Ed Show for a minute. He was talking about how the polls are closer than ever in Wisconsin. LOL.

I predict Walker wins by 6+ percentage points.

All he needs to do is win by 1 vote.

Actually, one vote is a loss, since it's a moral victory for the other side...somehow...that leads to a recount...or multiple recounts, until the right judge gets the result they want.