Should Buddy Nix try and trade for Drew Brees?

Should Buddy Nix try and trade for Drew Brees?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Should Buddy Nix try and trade for Drew Brees?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why would anybody say no!

I can't believe people wold say no too! They don't want to win or something? I would trade the entire team for Brees and then get a bunch of scrubs.

Brees as a me first type player? Are you all crazy?!? He saved a franchise that was desperate to skip town, he won a super bowl for a team that had never played a playoff game in their own stadium! He is an honest to God good person and an ultimate competitor. If there was any chance, any at all to swing this trade Nix should leap at it.

Edited by poo

It would probably cost at least two first rounders and that is a high price to pay to a player with possibly five or six years left in the league.

If that's all the Saints wanted and they could sign him for five years without completely screwing the cap I don't see why anyone wouldn't do it. I'm not an anti-Fitz guy, but Drew Brees on this team basically moves them from possibly making the playoffs to Super Bowl contender. As a side note if the Bills were to win the Super Bowl with Brees it'd make Brees look like a football god as he brought two teams from the doldrums to the pinnacle.

I can't believe people wold say no too! They don't want to win or something? I would trade the entire team for Brees and then get a bunch of scrubs.

Brees as a me first type player? Are you all crazy?!? He saved a franchise that was desperate to skip town, he won a super bowl for a team that had never played a playoff game in their own stadium! He is an honest to God good person and an ultimate competitor. If there was any chance, any at all to swing this trade Nix should leap at it.

If that's all the Saints wanted and they could sign him for five years without completely screwing the cap I don't see why anyone wouldn't do it. I'm not an anti-Fitz guy, but Drew Brees on this team basically moves them from possibly making the playoffs to Super Bowl contender. As a side note if the Bills were to win the Super Bowl with Brees it'd make Brees look like a football god as he brought two teams from the doldrums to the pinnacle.

Would he instantly upgrade the team, absolutely. Would the Bills be a Superbowl Contender, even more so then the Pats. The problem is the Bills were reportedly 9.5 million under the cap before any draft pick signed. So figure the Bills have about 4-5 million left under the cap. Brees would probably demand somewhere between 20-22 million per year. Even after cutting Fitz they would still need an additional 10 to 12 million a year. So who else would be released Stevie, Jackson, Mario or Anderson?

If the price was right and if Brees's New Contract would not reek havoc on the Bills Salary Cap, I would make the trade in a heartbeat. His character, desire to win and his pregame huddle chants are incredible.

Unfortunately based on the overall costs between draft picks and salary cap, I would have to say no to trading for him.

P.S. Yes I want the Bills to win.

Would he instantly upgrade the team, absolutely. Would the Bills be a Superbowl Contender, even more so then the Pats. The problem is the Bills were reportedly 9.5 million under the cap before any draft pick signed. So figure the Bills have about 4-5 million left under the cap. Brees would probably demand somewhere between 20-22 million per year. Even after cutting Fitz they would still need an additional 10 to 12 million a year. So who else would be released Stevie, Jackson, Mario or Anderson?

If the price was right and if Brees's New Contract would not reek havoc on the Bills Salary Cap, I would make the trade in a heartbeat. His character, desire to win and his pregame huddle chants are incredible.

Unfortunately based on the overall costs between draft picks and salary cap, I would have to say no to trading for him.

Cutting Kelsay, Dwan Edwards, and Spencer Johnson (along with trading Fitz) would get the Bills where they would need to be for the salary cap in order to sign Brees.

I said yes because I want a Buffalo Bills Superbowl Ring, i am serious I will buy one. But I dont wanna be like an old man with a sports car... i wanna enjoy it as I hit 30.

I guess I wanna look at it for a long time... ya know?

Go Bills!

Cutting Kelsay, Dwan Edwards, and Spencer Johnson (along with trading Fitz) would get the Bills where they would need to be for the salary cap in order to sign Brees.

If they do that and can get him for one first rounder, go for it.

Oh.. and who is going to trade with us for Fitz?

My God there are more :censored: people out there than i thought :blink: !! The guy can't get a deal done with the Saints , he wants to be the highest paid player in the history of the NFL what in the world makes any Bills fan think we would go after him ??

Maybe he is just a fantasy , & that's all he will ever be in B/lo !! :thumbdown:

My God there are more :censored: people out there than i thought :blink: !! The guy can't get a deal done with the Saints , he wants to be the highest paid player in the history of the NFL what in the world makes any Bills fan think we would go after him ??

Maybe he is just a fantasy , & that's all he will ever be in B/lo !! :thumbdown:

Maybe you want to sit in the shadows forever and have a bunch of lovable losers as a team but I don't. trade the first round picks for the next three years. How often do the Bills sign anyone in the first round who isn't a bust? I mean seriously, cut whomever is necessary and package the draft picks and get this man. Pay him what he wants and we can win. Not just a playoff spot, not a division title, but be legitimate Super bowl contenders. If the Bills did pull this off you can run off and enjoy watching the St. Louis Rams fail repeatedly or some such ****.

I voted no, because Drew Brees is not available for trade. I don't vote yes on forum wet dreams.

That means you would have to offer an insane amount to get them interested. It's doubtful, with them not being interested, you're looking at giving up four 1sts+ to get them talking. That's with no guarantees. He's a great QB, but you're never assured of success from any individual player. You need to build a team.

In addition, I am always against trading for players who are pushing for the money. Keep in mind, he is looking for a long term deal in the 18million a year range. He is an obviously a talent, but is he looking for another ring or another paycheck?

Edited by jeremy2020

What was that all about anyway? Well, since you didn't read the post that I replied to, here it is from jboyst62: "Plus, his attitude would be a disruption to this team. His "me" first BS is pathetic. Stop with the Brees threads, he's a douche." Who gives a rats ass if Brees has a "me first attitude" & is "a douche".

:thumbsup::thumbsup::worthy:

Well said!

Montana took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game vs the Bills. Favre took the Vikings to the NFC Championship game vs the Bounty Hunters...excuse me...Saints.

"What was that about anyway?" was referring to Jauron and Levy. Thats why I followed it up with a few sentences about how they drafted character guys. I read your post.

Memorandum - 18May2012

To: Tom Benson

Fm: Bill Belicheat*

Re: Drew Brees

Tom:

I hear you got an aging disgruntled QB on your hands who's demanding an unGODly sum of money, is acting like a real dickhead about it, and only has maybe one more decent year in him - two at best.

Lucky for you, I have experience dealing both with aging QBs named Drew AND the Buffalo Bills front office. Best advice I can give, vis-a-vis the Drew Brees sitch, is to give him his long-term deal for whatever it is he's asking.

(What is he got up to now...$23M/year??? :w00t:)

Anyway, just make the deal - the money or contract length shouldn't hurt you a bit. After you sign him, just unload him and his ridiculous contract on the Bills. They've always been suckers for deals like these, and are sure to take his contract off your hands and give you a couple of 1st round picks for the privilege.

Best regards,

Bill*

post-2970-068093700 1337383731_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

It's Pointless discussion but a 20m signing bonus is only 4m this year, for reference

And $4M/year for the next four years after this one.

(Basically $4M/year in 'dead cap' money, since he won't be playing beyond 2013 anyway.)

Well, I think that's a silly claim, but of true it'd accelerate the rest of the bonus into that year too.