Freddie and CJ's relationship

cosmo

Forgive me if this has been covered on here before but does anyone know what kind of relationship these guys have? I assume its a good one because they both seem like good guys and teammates but I was just thinking about how crucial this is to the future of the franchise. I feel like this could be the best situation any team could hope for: scrappy, hard-working veteran who fought his way from the bottom to the top to be the leader and an insanely fast and talented young back that can learn from the vet. I mean this could be the start to a hall of fame type career for Spiller. But this only works if these guys have a good relationship. Like does CJ think "I was a top 10 pick so I should be the star RB on this team now" and does Freddie think that we shouldn't have drafted him in the first place? Or is it as I hope and they have a really solid mentor/mentee relationship?

Forgive me if this has been covered on here before but does anyone know what kind of relationship these guys have? I assume its a good one because they both seem like good guys and teammates but I was just thinking about how crucial this is to the future of the franchise. I feel like this could be the best situation any team could hope for: scrappy, hard-working veteran who fought his way from the bottom to the top to be the leader and an insanely fast and talented young back that can learn from the vet. I mean this could be the start to a hall of fame type career for Spiller. But this only works if these guys have a good relationship. Like does CJ think "I was a top 10 pick so I should be the star RB on this team now" and does Freddie think that we shouldn't have drafted him in the first place? Or is it as I hope and they have a really solid mentor/mentee relationship?

I'm guessing CJ's now a bottom in this relationship...

It's an impossibly unplausible impossibly impossibillity to possibly tell whether or not there good friends or not untill they're retired. You just can;t tell if there really "friends" or are lying to the camera to enhance there image. Can you say "Everybody's Fool"?

I think their relationship will be fine as long as they are both getting into the game and Gailey finds a way to get them both touches and into the rythem. Not an easy task by a long shot.

Better than the relationship between RJ and Flutie.

I would hope that goes without saying. Flutie was a quarterback, RJ was just in the way. No QB likes anything in his way.

I don't know about their relationship personally. But, professionally I think they're an amazing duo. I think that one of the most brilliant things Chan did last season was to move Spiller over to wide receiver. Now that they are both at starting positions at RB, they are the perfect compliment: two very different styles that work the same position in different ways. Giving Spiller the chance to work at wide receiver (interpreted by some, at the time, as an inditement of his abilities at RB) gave him an opportunity to improve his hands and catching ability, as well as improving his understanding of routes. Between the two of them, they have every aspect of being a running back down.

Freddie on the inside and CJ on the outside! Man, I can't wait for this season to start!!!

Good question to hypothesize over coffee, or the refreshment of choice.

I have been trying to gauge that last year. I am guessing that CJ is just waiting licking his chops.

He did very well when he came in last year and has tasted blood. Fred, i would expect to be a teacher but not to give away more than is in his best interest.

Its all opinion for us. For me, i don't think there is any love lost between these two.

Most importantly and i emphasize this point Can Chan make use of what might be the best running duo in the league this year?

The opportunity he has right now may not be there next year for many reasons i can guess.

Getting them on the field trying to out do each other is another good problem for us have

I would hope that goes without saying. Flutie was a quarterback, RJ was just in the way. No QB likes anything in his way.

Flutie's passes also didn't like anything in their way. That is why they hated Sam Gash's feet.

I hope we hang to CJ . I think they both just want to win ? Now that Freddie got his money maybe he won't wine if he losses some touches ? he seems like he likes to pout ? Agree or disagree ?

Why would they get rid of CJ? Fred got a late start on his career and is now 31. Only $3M of his contract is guaranteed, so he'll want to get his touches. But who gets them is up to the coaches.