Vilma Sues Goodell

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Goodell was pretty happy with the evidence he had on the bounty case but the NFL won't share it. Now Vilma gets to see the evidence and see what the NFL had on him that merited a one-year suspension and the NFL will be obligated to share it with him. I wonder if this has more to do with the suspension than anything else.

How could the bounty statements have damaged his character any worse than the damage done by his being attached to the University of Miami football program!

It's not a bad move by Vilma, what can Goodell do? Nothing really. Any disciplinary action by Goodell would be viewed as retaliation.

Goodell and the league have already meted out their disciplinary action.

I'll give Vilma and his lawyers credit for having the guts, but he's taking on the entire league with this action. I hope he has the resources. He'll need them to see this through.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll give Vilma and his lawyers credit for having the guts, but he's taking on the entire league with this action. I hope he has the resources. He'll need them to see this through.

I'd bet Smith and the NFLPA are behind this. Also, defamation? That's quite the burden to prove. This is an end run around the NFL not publicly releasing the evidence.

Smith is still throwing a tantrum to get people to notice him.

Edited by jeremy2020

If he didn't lay out the money as alleged more power to him. Several have said that the nfl mischaracterized statements and some of the released evidence doesn't 100% match nfl claims. This is a bold bold play if he was actually heavily involved. Either he or goodell will struggle regaining a career by the close if this

I'd bet Smith and the NFLPA are behind this. Also, defamation? That's quite the burden to prove. This is an end run around the NFL not publicly releasing the evidence.

Smith is still throwing a tantrum to get people to notice him.

Agreed. The lady the league hired to review the evidence sounds pretty convinced that it's strong and will meet the burden of proof.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7886385/counsel-mary-jo-white-says-nfl-bounty-evidence-vs-new-orleans-Saints*-strong

This will get ugly if the league is compelled to reveal protected sources. Does anyone think it isn't former teammates or other personnel close to the team?

Vilma and his lawyers will get what they wish for. Perhaps after it's too late to wish they hadn't.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. The lady the league hired to review the evidence sounds pretty convinced that it's strong and will meet the burden of proof.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7886385/counsel-mary-jo-white-says-nfl-bounty-evidence-vs-new-orleans-Saints*-strong

This will get ugly if the league is compelled to reveal protected sources. Does anyone think it isn't former teammates or other personnel close to the team?

Vilma and his lawyers will get what they wish for. Perhaps after it's too late to wish they hadn't.

GO BILLS!!!

Of course vilma sounds likewise confident that he didn't do what he's accused of (atleast proof doesn't exist?)

Of course vilma sounds likewise confident that he didn't do what he's accused of (atleast proof doesn't exist?)

I would hope for Vilma's sake that he is confident. At a MINIMUM. He'll need that and VERY deep pockets to see this through.

GO BILLS!!!

I would hope for Vilma's sake that he is confident. At a MINIMUM. He'll need that and VERY deep pockets to see this through.

GO BILLS!!!

Makes you wonder if the claims are true, no? It seems you havent softened your stance on this at all since the initial nfl declaration. I'm not going to say nothing was going on, but I'm pretty sure we will find some shades of gray between the nfl claims and the reality of it all.

In how many other professions would you still have a job after suing the chairman of your company?

AAAAAA- MEN, brother!

Reminds me of that Maurice Clarett knucklehead that thought he was something special that he could declare himself eligible for the draft as a sophomore RB from Ohio State, the NFL says "NO", then he decides to sue the NFL because he can't come in a year earlier.

Then, he does eventually get to the NFL and flops, majorly!

I couldn't have been happier; but what especially took the cake was that this idiot was caught with several automatic weapons in his vehicle along with other illegal paraphenalia shortly after he was cut from Denver.

I mean...wasn't this doofus going to college? Shouldn't he have learned something in school? Atleast enough to get a legit job and not gun-run and sell drugs?

It reminds me of Robert DeNiro's character in A Bronx Tale. "You think he's the hero? He ain't no hero. The working man is the hero."

Apparently, Clarett never saw that movie.

Suing your future employer. Sheesh/... :wallbash:

Edited by Bruce