Gilmore

I tend to ignore these early reports, but I did come away with some useful information from Gilmore's presser. Essentially, he said that Wannstache was "in his hip pocket" all weekend long, as was constantly encouraging him to be more physical with his WR, and use his hands more at the line of scrimmage. Information like this....how coaches are starting to teach these players and mold them into NFL caliber players, is more important than a report from John Clayton.

Nice to hear positive things though, as I'm sure Clayton hears "the buzz" about how all the other rookies are fairing at their respective camps.

I still hate it. Gilmore had the most impressive rookie camp of all rookies? Based on Clayton's insight from the confines of his office? And impressive because he an interception at each practice, at rookie camp?

:lol:

My thoughts exactly. Well done sir.

I tend to ignore these early reports, but I did come away with some useful information from Gilmore's presser. Essentially, he said that Wannstache was "in his hip pocket" all weekend long, as was constantly encouraging him to be more physical with his WR, and use his hands more at the line of scrimmage. Information like this....how coaches are starting to teach these players and mold them into NFL caliber players, is more important than a report from John Clayton.

Nice to hear positive things though, as I'm sure Clayton hears "the buzz" about how all the other rookies are fairing at their respective camps.

Great point! Love that Wanny is all over his kids. I guarantee that Gilmore learned more in one week of rookie camp with Wanny, than he would have all season under Edwards.

press coverage can cause major problems especially with inside leverage pushing a wr toward the sideline, using the sideline as another defender. it also hurts the slant and takes a second away from the qb...

stache wants to do this big time with the qb only having 2.5-3 seconds to throw the ball..

with the press ability of gilmore and williams and our depth...

mario/anderson/merriman/dareus/williams could have 60 sacks! :beer:

The good news about gilmore, and I know this will sound weird, is that he's from Rock Hill. Rock Hill is a little tiny town just south of Charlotte and the North Carolina border--it also happens to be one of the most talent rich areas in the entire southeast(Maybe you've heard of Jadeveon Clowney? He'll be the number 1 pick in 2014), but Rock Hill specializes in DB's, Jonathan Joseph, Dunta Robinson, Sheldon Brown are all Rock Hill kids--so Stephon comes from excellent roots.

The good news about gilmore, and I know this will sound weird, is that he's from Rock Hill. Rock Hill is a little tiny town just south of Charlotte and the North Carolina border--it also happens to be one of the most talent rich areas in the entire southeast(Maybe you've heard of Jadeveon Clowney? He'll be the number 1 pick in 2014), but Rock Hill specializes in DB's, Jonathan Joseph, Dunta Robinson, Sheldon Brown are all Rock Hill kids--so Stephon comes from excellent roots.

"Rock Hill specializes in DB's, Jonathan Joseph, Dunta Robinson, Sheldon Brown are all Rock Hill kids--so Stephon comes from excellent roots"

Are they all related? You do know this kind of inbreeding is illegal in most states so be careful about bragging about it, apparently it causes genetic problems . . . in this case, the genetic problem is the production of defensive backs . . . Hmmm? I wonder if Dick Jaron has something to with this ????

Edited by CSBill