The President Is Up By Eight In Virginia

My expectation is that the popular vote will go about 52%-48%. I also expect that the polls will have the electoral map very tight until about 2-3 weeks out and then 1 candidate will pull ahead and win fairly handily.

And which one pulls ahead will be the one that the question to the masses breaks for: are you any better off today than you were 4 years ago? Right now, it doesn't look like that question will be answered positively for the incumbant. That could change significantly in 6 months though I don't see how at this time.

I think that 10-15 percent of democrats are flat out lying to the pollsters. They have an irrational fear of branding themselves as racists if they admit to someone that that they have no intention of voting for Obama in the voting booth. A portion of people lie in surveys because they fear embarrassment and I think it's happening in these polls. I have nothing to back this up, it's just the reason why I think the polls are so close given the abysmal economic conditions of this country. Everyone with a brain knows that he's a far left ideologist who's policies are severely hurting the middle class of this country. This includes moderate democrats.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Rubio saying he wouldn't be VP is all posturing on his part?

Definitely. He was interviewed last month and at one point said "if I have done a good job as vice president...." and quickly corrected himself.

If he's asked, and he refuses, he can kiss his political future as a Repub goodbye.

A 2012 Obama supporter is the very definition of someone who is delusional. It's going to be a landslide victory for Romney. We're taking our country back.

The lazy bum Obama supporters can move to Cuba if they don't want to work.

What does this even mean?? Jobs are out there just for Obama supporters and they are turning them down?? So dumb.

Unemployment is over 8% because Obama supporters are lazy. Good to know.

I think that 10-15 percent of democrats are flat out lying to the pollsters. They have an irrational fear of branding themselves as racists if they admit to someone that that they have no intention of voting for Obama in the voting booth. A portion of people lie in surveys because they fear embarrassment and I think it's happening in these polls. I have nothing to back this up, it's just the reason why I think the polls are so close given the abysmal economic conditions of this country. Everyone with a brain knows that he's a far left ideologist who's policies are severely hurting the middle class of this country. This includes moderate democrats.

When did Glenn Beck join these boards?

What does this even mean?? Jobs are out there just for Obama supporters and they are turning them down?? So dumb.

It's under 10% because they're too lazy to look for work and can't collect unemployment benefits anymore.

This message brought to you by:

Buy more gold!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

He's been here a while.

Most of us just ignore 1billsfan. He's not worth it.

He's been here a while.

Most of us just ignore 1billsfan. He's not worth it.

So, 1billsfan is not worth it, but you take the time to explain that to Fjl2nd? Selective worthiness or just taking shots at fish in a barrel?

:worthy: word of the week

Drive bi guy is back. When are you going to come back with explanations of your expertise in all the areas you have pontificated upon? If I were you I'd avoid any references to cohones, since it might bring you much derision.

So, 1billsfan is not worth it, but you take the time to explain that to Fjl2nd? Selective worthiness or just taking shots at fish in a barrel?

No, he's new here, and I didn't want him to think that all the right-wingers on this board are as brain damaged as 1billsfan.

2012 election is really our last stand. If Romney doesn't win things will only get worse and the damage will be irreparable.

Wow dude, I totally got goosebumps all over when I read that. (caution, sarcasm included)

It's not "our last stand". If Obama wins he certainly isn't going to have a rubber stamp congress and the GOP will have another chance to win the presidency in 2016. The nation swings back and forth between left and right and this time in history is no different then any other time in history.

If Romney wins, the same thing. All this "the survival of the nation hinges on this election" crap is just plain stupid.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

Obama is a snooty, arrogant mother!@#$er and that's just not going to happen.

At least he hasn't shut down the nation's busiest airport for an hour just because he felt like getting a haircut... yet.

If the king really felt that confident he'd stop coming to Richmond and clogging up traffic.

ya mean he brought in big crowds? drudge is reporting that no one is coming to his rallies....wonder why the discrepency?

this is the more important analysis of the race. looks pretty tough for romney on this basis.

and this is the "if pigs could fly" logic it takes to project romney the next prez as of may.

Edited by birdog1960

ya mean he brought in big crowds? drudge is reporting that no one is coming to his rallies....wonder why the discrepency?

He didn't say anything about the crowd size. His comment was on blocking traffic.

Ever seen a Presidential motorcade in action? Doesn't matter if the President is going to a packed stadium, an empty auditorium, or making a late night run to Taco Bell®.

this is the more important analysis of the race. looks pretty tough for romney on this basis.

and this is the "if pigs could fly" logic it takes to project romney the next prez as of may.

So what you're saying is Obama went from Hope & Change 2008 to W's 2004 re-election strategy?

I believe he meant the presidential motorcade causes delays.

Once Rubio is chosen as VP, the game changes.

He didn't say anything about the crowd size. His comment was on blocking traffic.

Ever seen a Presidential motorcade in action? Doesn't matter if the President is going to a packed stadium, an empty auditorium, or making a late night run to Taco Bell®.

So what you're saying is Obama went from Hope & Change 2008 to W's 2004 re-election strategy?

Headline on drudge this am: "obama kicks off to empty seats".

i'm saying it looks pretty good right now for obama: current electoral votes based on a conglomerate of polls =315. obviously, things can change.

Headline on drudge this am: "obama kicks off to empty seats".

Drudge's report is accurate. Reportedly the (21K capacity) venue was 2/3 full. Meaning 1/3 (7k) empty seats.

i'm saying it looks pretty good right now for obama: current electoral votes based on a conglomerate of polls =315. obviously, things can change.

The election is 6 months away. Romney's just gotten started campaigning for the presidency, while Barry's been doing it for months now. It's safe to say things will change.