Bounty Gate Players Suspended

Goodell clearly means business on this one. Too bad other teams (Brows and Packers) are now hurt by the situation.

And he should. These type of penalties are clearly setting an example that the NFL will not tolerate trying to injure a player for money.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And with the #1 pick in the 2013 draft, the NO Saints select...?

2 players long gone, 1 that was suspended to start last season, and one that was injured most of last season (and replaced with 2 good players in FA).... I wouldn't get toooo crazy here.

Commissioner, why so harsh?

He and the league are rightly scared shitless that permanently messed up players and ex players will ultimately file a massive class action lawsuit against the league for negligence in protecting them while they were in the league. This is a big financial deal for the league and I bet Goodell got the Players Association to agree with todays harsh punishments.

He and the league are rightly scared shitless that permanently messed up players and ex players will ultimately file a massive class action lawsuit against the league for negligence in protecting them while they were in the league. This is a big financial deal for the league and I bet Goodell got the Players Association to agree with todays harsh punishments.

He's in a tough spot. The worst part being that either there isn't as much evidence as he'd like, or there's evidence he desperately wants to remain behind closed doors

But, but, has Drew Brees seen the evidence yet? How could RGI have made this decision without the sage council of Drew Brees?

GO BILLS!!!

Who outside of goodell has seen the evidence? That's not a little strange to you? I'm not saying its public record but for the players involved (who brees represents) it seems pretty fair to share with them

Who outside of goodell has seen the evidence? That's not a little strange to you? I'm not saying its public record but for the players involved (who brees represents) it seems pretty fair to share with them

Don't know and don't care who has seen the evidence. Doesn't matter to me at all. If the NFLPA has an issue they will appeal. I think they have the right to do that.

I just know that Mr. Brees was a little miffed that he hadn't seen it a couple weeks ago when he was up at the NFL offices. And I would think that Drew Brees being miffed is something that Goodell would want to avoid at all costs.

GO BILLS!!!

I think every hit within the whistles should be legal, minus groin hits. Bring back the arm bar.

De-pussify football.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or a joke, but yikes. How much more research on concussions or retired players passing away in their 40's and 50's with the brains of a 90 year old do you need to see. I know they choose to play a dangerous sport for a living, but the game can be great without crippling everyone that plays it.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or a joke, but yikes. How much more research on concussions or retired players passing away in their 40's and 50's with the brains of a 90 year old do you need to see. I know they choose to play a dangerous sport for a living, but the game can be great without crippling everyone that plays it.

I know it's not cool or tough but.... Agreed.

Not for Gregg Williams, it can't.

GO BILLS!!!

List all of them. Every single research and study.

I guarantee the total does not come to even 1% of the total players to ever play in the NFL.

2 players long gone, 1 that was suspended to start last season, and one that was injured most of last season (and replaced with 2 good players in FA).... I wouldn't get toooo crazy here.

minus some coaching staff.

#1 probably not, but they could be hard pressed to make the playoffs.

I think every hit within the whistles should be legal, minus groin hits. Bring back the arm bar.

De-pussify football.

I guarantee the total does not come to even 1% of the total players to ever play in the NFL.

1 -- Aren't there enough injuries in the NFL already?

2 -- You do know the NFL is currently being sued by former players for just this issue, right?

3 -- What exactly are you looking for when you watch an NFL game?

Come to think of it, why doesn't the NFL just go back to leather helmets? The players probably thought they were more comfortable and less bulky. Maybe we'll get lucky and actually see a death on the field! Yippee!

1 -- Aren't there enough injuries in the NFL already?

2 -- You do know the NFL is currently being sued by former players for just this issue, right?

3 -- What exactly are you looking for when you watch an NFL game?

Come to think of it, why doesn't the NFL just go back to leather helmets? The players probably thought they were more comfortable and less bulky. Maybe we'll get lucky and actually see a death on the field! Yippee!

Just answering your questions:

1 -- No, I don't think there are.

2 -- Yes I do.

3 -- A gladiator sport as it was intended.

1) You have no basis for making such a ridiculous 'guarantee'

2) Way to miss the point by a mile.

3) Why would anyone bother to list such studies when you obviously wouldn't bother to read or understand them?

Actually, eliminating helmets would be single best step they could take to reduce head injuries.

Actually, eliminating helmets would be single best step they could take to reduce head injuries.

I've actually wondered if switching to a wrestling/gladiator shape helmet wouldn't be a bad idea. Keep the facemask and side protection. Just eliminate the top. I have no idea if this would be safer, but I guarantee at the very least, "launching" style helmet tackles would stop dead in their tracks...

1) You have no basis for making such a ridiculous 'guarantee'

2) Way to miss the point by a mile.

3) Why would anyone bother to list such studies when you obviously wouldn't bother to read or understand them?

1 -- I'm basing my claim off the fact that I have read every research study that I could find on the matter and all of them put together wouldn't equal more than 1% of total NFL players.

2 -- I was simply answering your question.

3 -- I've already read them. I would want them listed, so as to show them their own evidence and why it doesn't support their claims. Saying I wouldn't understand them is insulting.

Edited by dogma+