looks like we have to cut kelsey

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how marginal talent, "high motor" hayseeds like Kelsay get so much love around here from some. Let him clutch that #90 on the sidelines all year while he watches a real player do his job.

That's the first time I've ever seen the word "Clutch" used in the same sentence as "Kelsay".

Kelsey shouldn't give up 90 but the bills should unretire Bruces number? Wow

The Bills have retired only one number in the history of the Franchise, Jim Kelly's #12. Therefore, #78 is technically available, although I'm not sure the team would be willing to give it to anybody, even Super mario.

Just because #78 (and #34) are not retired, I'm sure the Bills organization as a whole discourages players from selecting those numbers, perhaps even refusing to give them out.

I found this part interesting:

Wonder if this applied to Spiller/McKelvin trading numbers last year. I still see Spiller jerseys for sale with the old number.

Because the uniform design changed, I don't believe the players were responsible for buying up the stock of their old numbers. I'm sure the league is not a huge fan of old style jerseys that aren't official throwbacks even being on the primary market.

This is such a non-story, Williams didn't even ask for it.

And even if he did, no matter how much better he is than Kelsay, why is Kelsay being "stubborn" to want to keep it? If it's "just a number," wouldn't the new guy be awfully petty and stubborn to ask for it from a guy who has worn it so long?

This is such a non-story, Williams didn't even ask for it.

And even if he did, no matter how much better he is than Kelsay, why is Kelsay being "stubborn" to want to keep it? If it's "just a number," wouldn't the new guy be awfully petty and stubborn to ask for it from a guy who has worn it so long?

If it's "just a number" why wouldn't the veteran leader of a team be willing to hand it over to make the new guy feel more welcomed?

It's clearly more than just a number... especially to Kelsay.

If it's "just a number" why wouldn't the veteran leader of a team be willing to hand it over to make the new guy feel more welcomed?

It's clearly more than just a number... especially to Kelsay.

On the flip side, why should the veteran leader of the team have to give up his number to a new guy? Especially when the new guy apparently doesn't care about the number. Players get attached to their numbers, Kelsay's had it for almost a decade. I think Mario feels more than welcomed.

On the flip side, why should the veteran leader of the team have to give up his number to a new guy? Especially when the new guy apparently doesn't care about the number. Players get attached to their numbers, Kelsay's had it for almost a decade. I think Mario feels more than welcomed.

Because the veteran leader is a poor football player, who may not even make the team and even if he does, will not be starting.

And he doesn't have to. Thats the point. As a leader, it would be great for him to offer it. That's what leaders do.

Edited by dogma+

Because the veteran leader is a poor football player, who may not even make the team and even if he does, will not be starting.

And he doesn't have to. Thats the point. As a leader, it would be great for him to offer it. That's what leaders do.

What makes you think he won't start if he makes the team? Weirdly enough, if he isn't a salary cap casualty, he'll be a starter over Anderson I would guess.

Or I should ask, given your expertise in watching game film, what about Mark Anderson makes him that much more of a viable option than Kelsay to be a 3-down DE?

I just think this is the most warped logic/wisdom Ive ever heard.

Obama hasn't offered me anything yet, neither did either Bush or Clinton or any of em. Can I ask him to send me his desk?

Yes you've made your supreme disdain for Chris Kelsay very clear. Being a leader really has nothing to do with offering a guy a jersey number. It's not like Mario asked for the number and Kelsay told him to jump off a bridge. Regardless of what you think about Kelsay as a football player, he has seniority and is respected in that room. Not giving away his jersey number is not going to affect his teammates view of him.

Edited by biglukes

Name one veteran "leader" who offered to give up his jersey number to a new player who didnt even ask for it "because that's what leaders do."

Obama hasn't offered me anything yet, neither did either Bush or Clinton or any of em. Can I ask him to send me his desk?

Good point. But for the scenario to be truly compatible, you would have to be worlds better at being President of the United States that Obama, Bush, or Clinton.

Maybe i'm wrong on the leadership aspect of this. But I feel that if I were Kelsay, a supposed leader on the team, I would gleefully give up my number for Mario.

Edited by dogma+

He had a pretty snazzy looking tie on the other day too. When you call about the desk, see of I can get the tie.

Yes you've made your supreme disdain for Chris Kelsay very clear. Being a leader really has nothing to do with offering a guy a jersey number. It's not like Mario asked for the number and Kelsay told him to jump off a bridge. Regardless of what you think about Kelsay as a football player, he has seniority and is respected in that room. Not giving away his jersey number is not going to affect his teammates view of him.

Often times people in power do the wrong thing and still have the support of his/her peers.