RD 2, Pick #41: OT Cordy Glenn - Georgia

Beerball

I'm not a huge fan of Pears either as a starter but think he would be a good swing tackle with Hairston n Glenn starting

That's pretty much what they said, too. Pears is fine as a career backup, but he doesn't have the skills to be a starting piece of the puzzle. I agree with it, as I think Pears is serviceable in a pinch when he's surrounded by great talent but he's certainly not someone who is a difference maker or going to win you games.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an article on BB.com earlier today:

The Bills appeared to be intrigued with Glenn’s length and range for a prospect that goes 345 pounds.

“I don’t see any reason he can’t play left tackle in this league because he’s got size, he’s got length and he’s got pretty good foot quickness,” said Bills National Scout Darrell Moody. “It’s hard to get around somebody that big and with that length. Most of them, the real good left tackles in this league, everybody talks about their feet but they all have length and size, too, and I think he can play left tackle in this league.”

With almost 36-inch arms Glenn improved as his 2011 season went along and logged 18 starts for the Bulldogs against top flight SEC competition.

I take it you weren't watching the draft when we finally got the big receiver we needed with Hardy!

Jokes aside, I love this pick.

Whoooooooo-HHoooooooooooo

Have not been this excited for a 2nd rounder in forever!

We got a starting left tackle for the next decade who is a Marcus McNeil clone.

I love life right now!

a 6-10 team should at least be able to draft an opening day starter. I am not feeling to good about this draft so far.

Cordy Glenn will be starting on opening day. Mark it down.

And Gilmore should at least challenge for the nickel spot.

Edited by dogma+

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!

I absolutely adore this pick. A couple weeks ago, I thought he'd be the pick at #10. Glenn really fits the Buddy Nix mold of O-line: A true man-mountain with gargantuan arms, a 4-year starter (granted, only 18 games at LT) in the SEC, and even if he doesn't make it at LT (I think he will), he's a VERY strong bet to make it at RT or either guard spot. Great, great pick. And for those of you who don't think he can play LT: I hope that means you also think Hairston can't play LT, because Glenn is a significantly better LT prospect today than Hairston was a year ago.

I'm very surprised he fell this far. As dogma+ said, we really had two 1st-round picks this year. Awesome!

a 6-10 team should at least be able to draft an opening day starter. I am not feeling to good about this draft so far.

Uh.. looks like we have two potential starters after two rounds.. :wallbash: Maybe you missed something?

Post your reaction here.

----------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me? This kid can't even play left tackle, he doesn't have the feet. A big blob that can't move. The Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin was still there why would they take Glenn over Martin?

To make matters worse the Jets got Stephen Hill. How can anyone cover this guy? At 6'4" he'll out jump you get the ball. And when he isn't out jumping you in the red zone he'll blow right by you with his 4.30 forty speed. Wait and see the Bills will NOT be able to cover this guy. They'll have to double cover him just to slow him down. I was stoked when they signed Mario Williams but now I'm losing all interest. New England and Jets are out drafting the Bills as usual and improving immensely.

Oh well, no playoffs AGAIN! Same old, same old. It really stinks to be a Bills fan unless you enjoy losing and finishing LAST.

Edited by HornyToad

dude...you wouldn't know a good draft if it bit you in the a**. I am ecstatic. Have a beer, a bourbon, libation of choice, whatever - they have two solid starters that will be on the field plenty soon enough.

Are you kidding me? This kid can't even play left tackle, he doesn't have the feet. A big blob that can't move. The Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin was still there why would they take Glenn over Martin?

To make matters worse the Jets got Stephen Hill. How can anyone cover this guy? At 6'4" he'll out jump you get the ball. And when he isn't out jumping you in the red zone he'll blow right by you with his 4.30 forty speed. Wait and see the Bills will NOT be able to cover this guy. They'll have to double cover him just to slow him down. I was stoked when they signed Mario Williams but now I'm losing all interest. New England and Jets are out drafting the Bills as usual and improving immensely.

Oh well, no playoffs AGAIN! Same old, same old. It really stinks to be a Bills fan unless you enjoy losing and finishing LAST.

:doh:

The Gilmour pick is a pick for the future for sure. Although he may get some starting time this season.

Glenn however, was a steal in this position. Very flexible player position wise on the OL.

My only concern is his ability to adjust to the increased speed of the game at the pro level combined with his ability to adjust in Line traffic for blocking assignments. Appears to be a solid 1 v 1 defender, but is that weight going to be an issue with the increased speed of the game, only time will tell.

Mel Kiper, is that you? :unsure:

I hate to say it, considering we do need a WR, but at what point do you consider trading up and taking Jon Adams? He is dropping like a rock right now, and snagging him would solidify our offensive line once and for all.