Dark Knight Rises trailer

shrader

That's badass. I can't believe it's been FOUR YEARS since we were anticipating the Joker's arrival in Gotham. Hard to beleive.

I liked the first trailer better than this one.

I'm kind of curious as to why you'd say that. The first trailer really didn't do much of anything for the movie. This one definitely sets a mood for what to be expected from the movie.

Bane is my 2nd favorite Batman villain, behind Scarecrow...Can't wait for his appearence in Dark Knight Rises! (FYI, it was originally Poison Ivy, but she joined Birds of Prey and became a hero. And Harley Quinn joined Suicide Squad and became an anti-hero)

Avengers. Good.

I will not give anything away. However, it is predictable.

Screw that, I will tell you...

Alright, everything is good, as we know, Loki is the bad guy. He wants control, to rule, jealous of Thor. He causes a lot of well-thought chaos and bad stuff, eventually all the good guys, the "Avengers" come together to fight together. Needless to say, it didn't go too smoothly. Eventually the life got flipped upside down, and to take just one more minute to tell you so just sit right there. The battle, in west Philidelphia, where most of them were born or raised on the playground is where they spent most of their days. Loki and a couple of guys who were up to no good started making trouble in their neighborhood...

Well, without giving too much away, the Avengers end up as the Prince's of Bel Aire.

At the same time it is bittersweet, since this is the end. :cry:

I wonder if it can be as bittersweet as when the Joker was hanging upside down near the end of the Dark Knight. One incredible performance that should have spring boarded Ledger to superstardom.

I wonder if it can be as bittersweet as when the Joker was hanging upside down near the end of the Dark Knight. One incredible performance that should have spring boarded Ledger to superstardom.

How "The Dark Knight" did not get nominated for best picture is beyond me. While Ledger was outstanding, everyone made that movie all about him and it was much bigger than that.

Why was Aaron Eckhart not considered for an Oscar?

The attitude of it being just a comic book movie is why it will never be taken seriously.

For me it is bittersweet because this is the end of the Christian Bale/Christopher Nolan "Batman" series. Where Warner Bros. & DC want to go with this franchise now is anyone's guess.

For me it is bittersweet because this is the end of the Christian Bale/Christopher Nolan "Batman" series. Where Warner Bros. & DC want to go with this franchise now is anyone's guess.

... if they have any decency, they'll leave it alone for at least a decade.

How "The Dark Knight" did not get nominated for best picture is beyond me. While Ledger was outstanding, everyone made that movie all about him and it was much bigger than that.

Why was Aaron Eckhart not considered for an Oscar?

The attitude of it being just a comic book movie is why it will never be taken seriously.

Eckhart was good, but personally, I'm not a crazy about giving out two nominations for the same movie. He was overshadowed by Ledger in every way, so there really is no sense in giving him a nod as well. You do have to wonder though how that movie would have been received without Ledger's death. He still would have nailed that best supporting actor award, but would the receptions have been more about the movie instead?

... if they have any decency, they'll leave it alone for at least a decade.

That's what makes the Spiderman reboot such a head scratcher to me. It's way too early. Even if you ignore that absolute trainwreck of a third movie, it's still only been 8 years since #2. But hey, maybe that's the new standard, you get a decade window from the FIRST movie of the series.

• 1 month later...

Latest one has me scratching my head for it does not appear to be in sync with ending of previous film. I am expecting Bane to die in this one since director has killed off a villain in each of the other movies; director appears to think this is cool for some reason or can not figure out a better ending.