Levi Brown Watch

More interesting than the Levi Brown move (at least to me) is the fact that the CFL used to have two teams named the Roughriders.

One of them is the team Brown signed with, Saskatchewan Roughriders.

The other one is the Ottawa Rough Riders (two words, not one). They were one of North American oldest professional sports franchises now defunct… 1876-1996.

Can you imagine listening to the Roughriders versus the Rough Riders on a radio broadcast?

And speaking of Amish QBs, did you guys see where "the other other" Amish Rifle, Chandler Harnish, was Mr Irrelevant this year?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

In the limited play I got to see him last pre season he appeared to be coming along nicely and demonstrated a lot of athleticism. Reminded me of hasselback. It appears he was a victim of Chan's desire to find a spot for thigpen and get him paid for a few years.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

A bartender at the bar that I go to knows Levi pretty well, and when I told her that I was a huge Bills fan she texted him. He is not too fond of the Bills organization and I doubt he would come back. He got looked at by his hometown Titans but didn't seem to be what they wanted.

A bartender at the bar that I go to knows Levi pretty well, and when I told her that I was a huge Bills fan she texted him. He is not too fond of the Bills organization and I doubt he would come back. He got looked at by his hometown Titans but didn't seem to be what they wanted.

As he shouldn't, at least not now.

Look at it from Levi's shoes. He was drafted in the same round as Fitz, fresh out of being the Big Man on Campus in college. Doesn't know sh** about the NFL, doesn't know what he doesn't know.

He hears "QB competition, everyone has a shot". Maybe he thinks he's out-dueled Fitz or Brohm in shorts. They're kept, he's cut, 'cuz there's more to the job than throwing nice passes in shorts. He's ticked and says so.

Trent gets the scissors and Levi's re-signed, even sees the field in the last game after Fitz is hurt and Brohm sucks. Brohm won't be re-signed. Levi thinks he's "in like Flynn" as the backup now, though now he knows what he doesn't know and he doesn't think he's the starter. Then here comes Thigpen. Levi probably thinks he's out-dueled Thigpen, and the way Thiggy looked, maybe he had. But Thiggy was paid the $$ and is thick with the boss, so Levi gets the scissors.

The man has a job now, and a chance to play pro football in Canada. He can develop. He can potentially build up a highlight tape and come back for a tryout with an NFL team.

But here? After getting the scissors twice, and with Thigpen, seemingly, entrenched as #2 no matter what?

Ah, ah, ah once bitten twice shy babe. Or to put it more explicitly, "not a conducive situation to professional development".