RD 6, Pick # : G Mark Asper - Oregon

SDS

By the way, no discussion of Asper vs. James Brown, whom ESPN lists as a guard, and whom the Bills had in for a pre-draft visit? I really don't know anything about either one, but some of you hardcore draftniks must have an opinion.

Guys- I'm happy with this draft. We can maybe increase depth at o-line, d-back, which you can look at it that we had no rush so that is a compounding factor, but also we had a weakness. This means we get a rush, i think a stud at LB with Nigel (love that name), some depth at tank, and and who knows if Chan can get our new WR toy to break out. You can only do so much with what is on the board at each pick.

I'm just so happy we have football people picking players. I really believe in Chixley. If Ralph will stay out of the way, keep the pocketbook open, we can create a winning team in 2012, and really make a push in 13, and 14. I'm just sick of telling my boys who play the game how we were in the playoffs for 11 out of 14 years from the late 80's to late 90's. This is not the team i grew up watching. Have a long view and watch them start winning.

BILLS MAKE ME WANT TO SHOUT!

Asper was very solid for the Ducks paving the way for LaMike and one of college football's most prolific offenses. Smart guy, solid character, could be a future starter on the o-line... from a Duck fan living in Oregon I love the pick!

Paulson would be a good pick ... but not sure Buddy will stay in the head that long nor if the Bills place more value on a guy to clean the stadium or a tight-end. :devil:

We drafted a Guard in Round Two...at least according to the "experts". Would rather have had McNutt.

McNutt. McNutt. McNutt? You mean the guy that Iggles took with the 24th pick in ROUND 6?

You wanted him in the 2nd?

Wow man. Just Wow. You know how to rank a Draft board.

Edited by Nanker

On where they see Mark Asper fitting:

We needed a center. We’ve got Colin Brown playing there, we’d like not to wear him out and we wanted to get another center. This old boy is as big as a house, too. He plays center and guard. He’s 6’6 ¼” and 330 or whatever and really a better player than people think. He’s a smart guy. He should give us some help.

On if Asper played center prior to the All Star game he participated in:

He’s worked there. How much he’s played there, I don’t really know, but I know he worked there in practice.

Glad to hear this (esp his practice experience at C) from Nix.

On another note: Nanker, I think you misinterpreted 3putt's statement...(even if I disagree with him - Glenn has been, and will be, a LT)