RD 5, Pick #144: T Zebrie Sanders - FSU

SDS

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a quote similar to this that got Jimmy the Greek fired.

Not quite. The Greek said that blacks were bred by the slaveowners to be fast. Howard Cosell was the one who compared an RB to a monkey.

Not quite. The Greek said that blacks were bred by the slaveowners to be fast. Howard Cosell was the one who compared an RB to a monkey.

Actually, it was in reference to Washington Redskins wide receiver Alvin Garrett. So we have a double "not quite" situation here.

Did you check the grades of all the players picked before and after him?

Some 50s, some 60's, some 70's.

Sanders is by far their highest rated player taken in this round.

Only 2 players in the 4th round had higher grades.

If he's not a steal, how would you characterize a guy who was rated much higher than anyone else in the same round?

I'm happy with this pick. But as to ratings, the draftniks obviously rated him higher than the franchise GM's and their scouting staffs. The fact that he lasted until the 5th round only means that the draft gurus were wrong about him.

Nonetheless, I hope Zeb reaches his potential with the Bills and becomes a starter.

Post reaction here...

I always had a feeling we would get him, but I don't know why. Anyway, I'm thinking he will battle Sam young for the spot behind Pears. For now,I seem him as the 4th tackle until he gets strong enough.

He played most of his career here in Rick Trickett's zone blocking scheme.

Are you talking about the legendary "Tricky Rick" Trickett?

I'd say he's a pure tackle. Glenn on the other hand...

… is an elite left tackle!

I'm happy with this pick. But as to ratings, the draftniks obviously rated him higher than the franchise GM's and their scouting staffs. The fact that he lasted until the 5th round only means that the draft gurus were wrong about him.

Nonetheless, I hope Zeb reaches his potential with the Bills and becomes a starter.

The point was that you can't call him a reach. You can say he went where he was supposed to go but you can't call him a reach.

1335640536[/url]' post='2451625']

Yup. :thumbsup:

Zebrie played both RT and LT here. Most of his career was on the right side, but he moved to LT when Datko got hurt. The kid has freakish athleticism and solid technique. He needs to build some strength.

Right away he can step in as a backup at either tackle position, and i'd bet he's a serious darkhorse to start at one of the OT spots in 2013.

Thanks, Ramius. Wow!

We are getting BETTER!

Well, Carrington looked great at the senior bowl. How has that worked out so far? ;)

Alex Carrington is awesome.

Not his fault we had a Garbage DC last season... And even with the crappy coaching he still did well IMO. Can't really think of a knock on the guy. You must must be thinking of someone else.

Alex Carrington is awesome.

Not his fault we had a Garbage DC last season... And even with the crappy coaching he still did well IMO. Can't really think of a knock on the guy. You must must be thinking of someone else.

It will be interesting to see what Carrington can do now that he's only got one position to worry about--rotational DT.

The kid had a lot thrown at him by the previous DCs, so maybe he can get back into a comfort zone this year.

Not really. Nix said that the Bills had Sanders rated higher than where they got him. Maybe he was lying, but he didn't say anything to that effect about Graham or a couple other guys. I personally believe him, because Nix has shown a penchant for either stating the truth outright or keeping things vague, but not lying.

It's possible that a bunch of teams had Sanders rated as a 3rd or 4th round pick, but when they came up in the 3rd round, it was between him and a guy at another position they needed more. So they went with the 3rd-round prospect at a need position instead of the one at a position where they're set. Then in the 4th round, they're happy that Sanders is still there, but there's also another guy with a 3rd-round grade who plays a different position that they need more. I doubt EVERY team had Sanders rated above the 5th round, and certainly the ones who took OTs in the 4th had Sanders rated below whichever OT they took, but it's very plausible that a bunch of teams, not just the Bills, agreed with the draftniks on Sanders.