Let's Grade Round 1

What Grade Do You Give The Bills  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Grade The Gilmore Pick

I give the Bills an A- for the only reason that I was such a fan of Ingram and Floyd and to have both of them still on the board and us not pick one of them made my A grade fall to an A-. But since the pick, I've been reading up and watching video on Gilmore as I'm sure many of you are, and I gotta say I'm not disappointed.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

A- for the pick itself. Satisfies the Buddy Nix rule. Need position and prob BPA. Solid player. Can't rate him any higher without seeing him play a down in the NFL.

On a sidenote: Does anyone else think the Bills will use him exclusively in the nickel package covering TEs seeing how fast and physical this kid is? At least in his rookie year.

Edited by BillsRUs

solid D - for didn't smile enough. i wanted 4 smiles and got 2. also, he had one of the longest hugs from goddell. probably means he's a daddy's boy and a wimp. we should've tried to trade up for ANYONE. i know this because i watched 2 youtube highlight clips, errrr i mean game film, and decided that claiborne would be the next revis, barron the next ronnie lott, and blackmon the next hakeem nicks. so glad we didn't take kuechly though, because he's the next poz. pissed we got the next leodis mcfumbles.

How about adding an option for 'Incomplete' since he hasn't stepped on the field yet.

Because it's easy for fans to be smart with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. He wants to see how we view the pick right now, without access to the benefit of that 20/20 hindsight.

B+ It fills a need, very solid in man coverage and can come off the corner in blitz packages if wanny decides to use it. It wasnt the sexiest pick in the draft but it was very solid. if Willams can come around we have should have 2 very solid corners for the next 4 years.

I'm going to have to say B+, simply for scale. Minnesota and New England kind of wrecked the curve when Minny smokescreened people well enough that they actually made someone bite for the number #3 and THEN got the person they would have got at three, and NE (already a strong team) burned the later picks they don't need to shore up some of their few problems.

We did good, taking a highly talented player in a position of need without reaching. They did spectacular.

Gilmore reminds me much of Bob Sanders. The way he throws himself around on the field does not equal a very long career. I'm also not sure how well the guy will handle covering the more polished route runners.

How about adding an option for 'Incomplete' since he hasn't stepped on the field yet.

Yeah, I was going to add "let's not and say we did."

The only thing you're grading against are the draft publication/guru's opinions--which are like a$$holes, since everyone's got one...

x2

I don't understand what you're basing this grade off of.

It's pretty simple really. It's your opinion of the pick right now. It's a simple do you like it or not question.

Edited by Marcellosaurus